The Godfather: Remastered

by sinsbetweenus

Original Post

Highlighted

The Godfather: Remastered

★★★ Newbie

I just replayed The Godfather the game on x360 and it made me fall in love all over again. I think 14 years is a good chunk of time to allow for a remaster. Maybe add more missions (give you something to do once you make Don of NY), clean up textures, possibly see if technology can clean up Marlon Brando's takes that they couldn't use then and implement them now. In a perfect world, get the rights to use Al Pacino's likeness. It's a work of art now, but It could be a thing of infinite beauty. you could add some missions for the time Michael is in Italy, I dunno there are just so many options for expansion. 

The first game is my top priority but you could do both games and make it something like "The Godfather game: The Don's collection" or something. I know i'd Drop like 250 for some big collectors set.)

And if nothing else, I'd hope to see it made backwards compatible on Xbox one. 

Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 7 (5,952 Views)

Re: The Godfather: Remastered

★★★ Newbie

And before it's said, I know EA would need to re-acquire the license from Paramount.

Message 2 of 7 (5,942 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @sinsbetweenus I'd love to see it happen but with EA not having the rights and it being so long since the game was released it's unlikely that we will see a remaster which is a shame as the game feature input from two of the best actors of all time and honestly were a blast to play. 

If you're looking for an organised crime fix then the Mafia trilogy is being remastered and re-released in the coming months.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (5,910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I appreciate your input, but a man can dream. I'd even be fine with micro transactions for weapons, cars, and outfits. EA makes alotta scratch with those microtransactions. 

Message 4 of 7 (5,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I love the first game even the second taking over as Aldo's second was awesome at this point I'd be happy with an all new game even if it can't be the godfather in title mafia games were fun but it just isn't the same imagine a Mafia game with some of the components say GTA v /online has literally building na family and organization instead of taking part in one that already exists, that would be amazing.

Message 5 of 7 (4,719 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all, while it would be great to see a new Godfather game or even a remaster you will need to speak with Coppola's Zoetrope who owns the rights to the series now.

Darko
Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (4,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@sinsbetweenus I adore the godfather game. I keep seeing you tube videos and sites saying the mafia trilogy is getting remastered and having the godfather headline. So unsure how true it is. I want it so bad though. Haven't played it for well over a decade but have never forgotten it. If I see it somewhere il get a 360 just to play.
Message 7 of 7 (3,942 Views)