Re: The Game’s Low Replayability!

by shurikeninja

Original Post

The Game’s Low Replayability!

[ Edited ]
Champion

Since a while ago, I have been thinking that the low replayability of the game was overall one of the main reasons of why the game failed in the first place. 

If you think about it, once you have:

• Maxed out your characters.
  • Bought everything in the Reward-O-Tron.
  • Completed all of the festivals.
  • Finished all of the free-roam regions and tutorials.

What else is there to even do? Obviously, if you want to continue playing the game, you may. But it does not become as fun. I am slowly getting this way.

However, there is one catch that could spark me and others for a while:

• Rux’s shop (and the fact some items are now sold for Coins).

Rux has been selling items for Coins and if players wish to try and buy all items from Rux, I know I want to, it is now much easier to do so. He may have been selling more attire as well. It is something to also use Rainbow Stars you already have or that you spend on. 

Anyway, if anyone has thoughts on this replayability, or anyone has ways that the replayability could be increased, you can comment below!

Message 1 of 11 (900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@TheSprinter85Grandmaster 10 when? Jokes aside yes, the game has low replayability but combining upgrades with other upgrades is really fun and leads to unexpected results here's a loadout for Rose that makes her Support: Refreshing Revive, Super Savior, Revive Reward and Goatility or anything you want, you use Arcane Enigma while reviving and you instantly get it back for another revive it's really fun and you should add it to your Rose guide when you make it!

Message 2 of 11 (881 Views)

★★ Pro

The replayability for me is high but not as high as in GW. For me the difference is the pick 7 upgrade system vs variants. Picking low tier variants was like a whole new game within the game and it helped to refresh the experience for me. Picking low tier upgrades is not the same in that regard. 

Either way I was never into the aesthetics of either game.  I just like beating other people lol so long as there's enough people playing, then I'll keep playing.  Or if a new game comes out.  I won't be going back to GW with any regularity like I am with bfn.

Message 3 of 11 (874 Views)

Champion

No one get the wrong idea about this post - I am not complaining about the replayability, I wanted to discuss it and see what everyone else thought of it. It is still going to be quite a while before I max out any characters, I still want more from Rux, I still really enjoy this game and my brother still has quite a lot to get done yet, so I am not planning on leaving BFN anytime soon.

@Cameroid07 I love doing the instant Arcane Enigma reviving trick. I legit get a revive and instantly get back Arcane Enigma! It is tons of fun and I always do that with Rose, then at the end of those games, I have like 35 or something revives! It is so funny! I normally use Super Savior, Refreshing Revive and Thorn Apart! I can use the Refreshing Revive and Super Savior combo to fuel back my Thorn Apart orbs and can charge them super fast! Large smile

@mikepal19 I love the character upgrades so much, especially the Legendary Upgrades. Just a shame that not many were released and some of them are too good for their own good. The upgrades are so much fun to experiment with! I do like variants as well though! Large smile

Message 4 of 11 (863 Views)

★★ Pro
@TheSprinter85 Replayability would still be high if Prize Maps were still going on. Obviously it's never going to match GW but it doesn't need to. With the new update, a lot of the fun is in the upgrades now, how it should've been.
Message 5 of 11 (848 Views)

★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Wow, Sprinter here being very critical of the game...

I like it
Message 6 of 11 (836 Views)

Champion

@Cameroid07 Added: Yes, I will most certainly add that combo to my Rose Guide.

@shurikeninja It was a lot of fun doing the Prize Maps every month. I was hoping that it would continue to be the same way and that the loot in the Prize Maps would change every year. At least for 1 or 2 more years. Alas, that is not the case.

@Shadowphinx101 Hooray! 

Message 7 of 11 (813 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'll tell you why this game failed miserably: it's far too tedious, because of the unnecessary presence of the Grand Master ranks, not enough focus on single player, no clear way as to how to earn xp faster outside of PvP (for both sides); the list could go on and on.

Message 8 of 11 (809 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SonicMaster92I have only been levelling up the characters to Grandmaster that I prefer playing, not characters that I do not like as much. Too much effort!

Added: I might sometimes actually, if I feel like using a character, need to complete challenges as them, or if it helps to win.

Message 9 of 11 (805 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'll be frank; BfN is the first one of the PvZ shooters that feels boring before I hit max level. The Grandmaster levels only made this worse. Master was the original cap for characters and it felt right, just like in GW2. The grandmaster ranks were added later as an obvious attempt to keep us on the treadmill, and the small amount of coins you get are not worth how tedious the grind feels.

This is compounded by several things:

• 23 characters is no match for over 100 characters/variants in overall variety. Had they launched with more characters and added more later as well as getting us more of the legendary upgrades, this would have been far less an issue.
  • Ops are unexciting and were never fully developed.
  • Free roam zones are brilliant the first time, but once you're done, the only reason to go back barring helping someone with finishing them up, is to grind XP.
  • None of the folks I used to consistently play with like @asabaida are around much if at all, and games like this are a lot more fun with friends.
  • The PvP matches aren't as dynamic as they were in GW and GW2 and the bots are less fun to play against than GW2's bots are.

I've been playing GW2 more consistently ever since the announcement that BfN is getting no new content and even with the hacker I encountered Saturday in TT (which really need to be dealt with!) and being max rank and having everything unlocked, GW2 and GW1 which I don't play as much, never feel boring which does happen to me in BfN which is very odd. When BfN first launched I was excited for the game's massive potential, the new characters, the expanded PvE, and so on, but that wore off far more quickly than I expected. I still plan to get to max level in BfN, and play a little every day but it feels like a chore more than it did in either GW game.

Message 10 of 11 (733 Views)