Re: The Flatline NEEDS a buff, but that doesn't mean you can't drop 16 kills wit

by warslag

Original Post

Re: The Flatline NEEDS a buff, but that doesn't mean you can't drop 16 kills wit

★★★★★ Guide

@CleaRshoT  At least Activision fix their problems immediately unlike EA respawn  who literally you notify them on bugs in their game but they respond 2-3 months later releasing 1 patch , is this a game with a slow dev team you’re really trying to defend??

Message 21 of 29 (386 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@CleaRshoT 

My mistake it was a P2020 to finish off/down Pathfinder.

Message 22 of 29 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SethCurry 

I think the release of Apex greatly outperformed their expectations and they had already allocated resources elsewhere on other projects by the time they realized it. I think their responsiveness will improve in Season 2 and beyond now that they know they might have a new cash cow on their hands :D  Activision has faults as well.  The BO4 season pass is widely seen as a failure -- less content (maps specifically) for an increased price.  Their map packs also divide the player pool which makes finding lobbies a chore.  I've been told they are getting away from that model for the next game thankfully.

Message 23 of 29 (371 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SethCurry wrote:
R99 - R301- Peacekeeper - prawler smg everyone knows those are the strongest guns lol if you dont find one best of luck

Peacekeeper is so bad dude.

I love how you forgot the best gun, the Wingman, as well as Spitfire and the Longbow.

Also, have you never used a Havoc or even Devotion?

All those weapons lay waste to scrubby shotgun players.

Message 24 of 29 (341 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SethCurry wrote:

@CleaRshoT   Until they remove aim assist on console theres no skills involved just luck of RNG

Dude, have you ever played console?

If you seriously think that, you clearly never played console, aim assist is practically not in the game to begin with.

Message 25 of 29 (341 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SethCurry wrote:

@CleaRshoT  At least Activision fix their problems immediately unlike EA respawn  who literally you notify them on bugs in their game but they respond 2-3 months later releasing 1 patch , is this a game with a slow dev team you’re really trying to defend??

You are making that argument on the assumption that every game studio has unlimited resources and staff.

You're clearly making uninformed comments.

Message 26 of 29 (334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@neillkorey

But a lot of these situations that you'll encounter aren't dictated by the circumstances you keep bringing up. You're explicitly dealing with extremes. Not every situation is two equally high skilled players having a 1v1 mid-fight where the gun ultimately can be the determining factor

The spitfire fully decked out, not being as much of a laser as the r301 (also decked out), is a demonstration of balance, not imbalance, because the Clip size of the gun is where the advantage is suppose to lie. There are plenty of times where anyone, of any skill level, can whiff enough on a full 301/99 clip & leave themselves exposed to a spitfire spray. And for various reasons. Such as flinch from getting shot at, or good cover being used well by the enemy. Sometimes you get caught reloading by a player who you hadn't even engaged yet. Who then can dump the rest of his clip into your teammate since he never had to reload. This is the game, this stuff happens to everyone. Circumstances vary

Same with the devotion. The charge up is where the balance lies. Yes a 99 in close range can out-do a devo before it speeds up, but not many other guns can consistently. You have to play to the circumstances & catch the player while they're winding it up. That's an element to the gameplay that adds variety & as a result, balance, to me. Since of course the gun will kill anyone who gets 'caught'. 

You also totally have to factor in how strong these guns are off the drop. An LMG + armor right off the drop means you can clear 2 teams at least. They basically have SMG hip-fire & they stay formidable all the way through to the end. That is balance to me, seeing how the strength of these guns allow people to kill players even above their skill level. They would be OP if the could 'naturally' out gun a 301 or better. 

But like I stated originally, even in the current state of balance, you have plenty of viable weapons, and guns like the Hemlock Flatline Alternator ect could still see a buff. As well as new guns potentially being introduced. If strictly competitive circumstances is all your concerned with, then I suppose r-301 on every single player is the ideal setting? But how lame with that be? All I'm saying is let's buff, not nerf. This game should have a ton of good guns, not a bunch of "ehhh" guns where everyone defaults to the most versatile & laser-like just because. 

Message 27 of 29 (279 Views)

★★ Guide

@neillkorey 

But a lot of these situations that you'll encounter aren't dictated by the circumstances you keep bringing up. You're explicitly dealing with extremes. Not every situation is two equally high skilled players having a 1v1 mid-fight where the gun ultimately can be the determining factor

The spitfire fully decked out, not being as much of a laser as the r301 (also decked out), is a demonstration of balance, not imbalance, because the Clip size of the gun is where the advantage is suppose to lie. There are plenty of times where anyone, of any skill level, can whiff enough on a full 301/99 clip & leave themselves exposed to a spitfire spray. And for various reasons. Such as flinch from getting shot at, or good cover being used well by the enemy. Sometimes you get caught reloading by a player who you hadn't even engaged yet. Who then can dump the rest of his clip into your teammate since he never had to reload. This is the game, this stuff happens to everyone. Circumstances vary

Same with the devotion. The charge up is where the balance lies. Yes a 99 in close range can out-do a devo before it speeds up, but not many other guns can consistently. You have to play to the circumstances & catch the player while they're winding it up. That's an element to the gameplay that adds variety & as a result, balance, to me. Since of course the gun will kill anyone who gets 'caught'. 

You also totally have to factor in how strong these guns are off the drop. An LMG + armor right off the drop means you can clear 2 teams at least. They basically have SMG hip-fire & they stay formidable all the way through to the end. That is balance to me, seeing how the strength of these guns allow people to kill players even above their skill level. They would be OP if the could 'naturally' out gun a 301 or better. 

But like I stated originally, even in the current state of balance, you have plenty of viable weapons, and guns like the Hemlock Flatline Alternator ect could still see a buff. As well as new guns potentially being introduced. If strictly competitive circumstances is all your concerned with, then I suppose r-301 on every single player is the ideal setting? But how lame with that be? All I'm saying is let's buff, not nerf. This game should have a ton of good guns, not a bunch of "ehhh" guns where everyone defaults to the most versatile & laser-like just because. 

Message 28 of 29 (278 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@decimation92 

These may be you experiences but I honestly can not remember the last time someone with a spitfire or a devotion killed me as long as you play smart honestly any gun should kill a devotion there are very few situations that a devotion will kill a smart player but to each his own I will just continue to disagree because if I don’t get killed by it in my eyes it is not viable but who knows next time I play maybe it will happen 

Message 29 of 29 (275 Views)