Re: The Flatline NEEDS a buff, but that doesn't mean you can't drop 16 kills wit

by warslag

Original Post

Re: The Flatline NEEDS a buff, but that doesn't mean you can't drop 16 kills wit

★ Apprentice

There are bad players on both platforms.  I find that the skill floor for PC is lower than console but the skill ceiling is much higher.  

Message 11 of 29 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@CleaRshoT   Until they remove aim assist on console theres no skills involved just luck of RNG

Message 12 of 29 (568 Views)

★ Apprentice

There isn't RNG in aim assist, but I sort of see what you're getting it.  Luckily, it won't be long before games are cross-platform and this argument can finally be put to bed.

Message 13 of 29 (565 Views)

★★ Guide
Just needs a muzzle velocity buff, with Maybe a slight buff to the hip-fire spread. Make it tighter, by a little bit.

And people need to stop asking for nerfs. This game's gun balance is pretty damn good. The 4 best guns are the Havoc / 99 / Wingman / 301, while the Longbow, Triple Take, Peacekeeper, Spitfire, Devotion, Prowler, & of course the Mastiff/Kraber are ALL end-game viable. All of those guns are capable of beating each other under the right/ideal circumstances. You can't play this game & pretend like that isn't true

And that's with the Flatline, Eva 8, & g7 scout also being relatively decent weapons. Some people love the Eva & the G7. If anything we should look for minor Tweaks & BUFFS to other weapons, so the community can actually be EXCITED to try the new changes, as opposed to being upset that their favorite gun got nerfed. Only gun that might need a slight nerf rn is the Havoc, & I'd rather it not honestly. It sucks to get lazered by it but it's also super satisfying to use. Same with the R301. That 'satisfaction' is one of the reasons I love coming back to this game. Nothing needs a nerf unless its Grossly OP like the original Wingman

Message 14 of 29 (554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@CleaRshoT Theres RNG with crappy servers connection ect... Ghost bullets ever shot at your enemy and he didn’t take damage?? The servers of this game isn’t consistent theres time i can hit people at ranges i shouldn’t and times my shots aren’t even connecting... I have roughly 1,200 kills on wraith who i main and i wouldn’t even consider my wins based on skills its RNG And..... fyi i know RNG isnt based on on connections just mainly loot but still theres no skills involved in this game 

Message 15 of 29 (546 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Spoiler

@decimation92 

If the players are equally skilled the spitfire has zero viability in a gun fight unless both players are noobs and they need more than a clip to kill someone with the 301 havoc 99 prowler or wingman and honestly if the player is above average the guy with the devotion should almost be dead before it spins up which means it also has zero viability which means we are playing different games 

all this being said yes you can kill noobs with said guns but I have won games with re45 and alternator but that does not make the guns viable against an equally skilled player 

Message 16 of 29 (531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@decimation92 I whole hardheartedly agree that the best way to balance the game would be to buff under performers rather than nerf guns that are perceived as OP.  It makes the gun play much more fresh that way. 

@SethCurry The only server issues I consistently see are the slow-motion starts to games but even that I don't see as often anymore.  I don't think the hit registration is any worse than other big games like CoD.  Sure there will be bad connection lobbies, but in general I feel that Apex isn't the worst offender in that regard.

Message 17 of 29 (524 Views)

For me when it comes to guns it isn't just about accuracy or OPness, but it's also about the sound, this is why I still like sniper weapon like kraber, triple take, and longbow, even thou I suck at sniping. When I played apex for the first time, I used flatline quite a lot, the accuracy is quite good, but the sound is unsatisfying, it sounds really bad actually. If you can drop 16 kills with flat line you can drop more with other guns.

Message 18 of 29 (515 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I think the Flatline is a decent secondary if you're using a sniper rifle. OP does use a Wingman in the video which is kind of a similar setup. Thinking

Message 19 of 29 (501 Views)

★ Apprentice

I used a Wingman?!  I did accidentally get a kill with the P2020 which was a miracle but I don't recall any other guns than that aside from the Flatline, obviously.  Agreed on your premise though, the Wingman is essentially a pocket sniper :D

Message 20 of 29 (478 Views)