Re: The Flatline NEEDS a buff, but that doesn't mean you can't drop 16 kills wit

by adidasPowah

Original Post

The Flatline NEEDS a buff, but that doesn't mean you can't drop 16 kills with it

★ Apprentice

The Flatline is completely outclassed by every other Assault Rifle in the game - it kills slower, reloads slower, and has an atrocious horizontal recoil pattern that makes it ineffective past medium range...AND THIS IS WHY I LOVE IT!  Having games with big kills and damage is extremely satisfying when you do it with a non-standard weapon like the Flatline.  The only buff it needs to become competitive is to add the ability to attach a barrel stabilizer.  Hopefully this is something that is looked at in Season 2.

Here is a game I recorded a few days ago where I played to the gun's strengths, got 16 kills and 3.3K damage on the way to the win.  Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/stV7bbJWHf4

Message 1 of 29 (1,018 Views)

Re: The Flatline NEEDS a buff, but that doesn't mean you can't drop 16 kills wit

★★★ Guide

ofc console :D on PC enemys shoot back

Message 2 of 29 (980 Views)

★★★ Guide
^ this... :P

But yeah, i agree with OP. The Flatline falls into garbage tier. I even prefeer the P2020 before the Flatline, and i outgun people who has it.

The flatline has a huge spread, is inconsistent and underwhelming. They should do somthing to it.
Message 3 of 29 (973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Balzano wrote:

The flatline has a huge spread, is inconsistent and underwhelming.

It has a weird recoil pattern (sideways pot-shaped), but it doesn't have any spread and IS consistent. Obviously, you need to ADS with AR's. It shoots quite slowly, so the recoil isn't hard to control. The dps isn't that great (similar to spitfire (flatline 160, spitfire 162)), but is still far above the lower tier weapons (p2020, the worst of the worst, has 102 dps). It's only downside (apart from the weird recoil pattern) is that it can't use a barrel mod, but considering it's a lower tier weapon, you're unlikely to have one for it anyway (you'll have swaped the weapon to spitfire by the time you find attachments).

Message 4 of 29 (959 Views)

★★★ Expert

@adidasPowah wrote:

ofc console :D on PC enemys shoot back

Go and play console dude, you'll get rekt.

Message 5 of 29 (940 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@CleaRshoT 

All ars need a buff except the 301 if you want it to be equal the 301 is so far ahead of every other ar it is not even funny unless you have the hemlok on a mouse wheel 

but honestly the flatline is at an ok place it is right in line with the spitfire

really the r99 and the R-301 just need a nerf to be in line with everything else because honestly if you come across someone of the same skill unless you get lucky you are not going to win a fight against them 

Message 6 of 29 (924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

What's the point of this thread anyways?

I tell you how it looks to me, correct me if I am wrong:

1. You want a buff for the flatline

2. You tell us how bad the gun is

3. In the same time you show us your video of how good the gun is

4. From the movement speed, it seems that you play with mouse and keyboard on console - be proud of your kills.

Come to PC and let's see how good you really are, as on PC we all have the same weapons (mouse + keyboard).

Anyone can beat some noobs, who play with controllers, while you have the mouse movement.

Message 7 of 29 (916 Views)

★ Expert

Egos flying high in this thread lol

Message 8 of 29 (903 Views)

★★★ Expert

You're a weakling mouse user on console.

Your 16 kills game would be 2 kills and then get dunked by enemy squad if you played fair.

Judging by how exposed you often are, PC players would have shredded you.

Hope you get banned.

Message 9 of 29 (899 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
R99 - R301- Peacekeeper - prawler smg everyone knows those are the strongest guns lol if you dont find one best of luck
Message 10 of 29 (876 Views)