The Community Thread

by BigPete7978

Original Post

Re: The Community Thread

★ Guide

Hey everyone, been a while. Crazy several weeks starting back to work and now this hurricane hitting Texas. Luckily we are good. 

Message 71 of 180 (654 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_David Frontier Defence is indeed great. It's my favorite game mode and is really fun. It would be fun to have more than 5 waves though, but 5 waves are tough as it is. Would love to see more customization options being unlocked by playing the game.

@RedFoxxie The main mechanic in Pyre is something called The Rites. You choose a team of 3 characters who go against a team of 3 enemies. Both teams have a pyre burning and the objective is to carry a ball like object and plunge it into your rival's pyre, dealing damage to it till it reaches 0. It's really fun and challenging at times.

*** Please grant XP and Accept as solution if my suggestion helped. It will help me as well as anyone facing this same issue. Cheers and happy gaming. Thumbs up ***

Message 72 of 180 (640 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Red_Hood_1810 Oh no thanks, 5 waves is enough for me. It's already tricky enough carving out a solid 30 uninterrupted minutes for an FD match. 

By the way, if you haven't seen it already, Angel City, Drydock and Exoplanet are getting added to the FD list on tuesday. It's always nice to have more map options (and a lower chance of getting War Games Wink)

They're also adding an Aegis LTS/Titan Brawl mode which will probably just be level 20 Scorches wrecking everyone. Should be fun.  

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/FRONTIER-NEWS-NETWORK-08-22-2017/m-p/6225991#M822

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 73 of 180 (633 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@EA_David

That's amazing. All this content should make the game even better. I already believe it one of the best games out there.

Message 74 of 180 (624 Views)

@BigPete7978 glad you are okay. Seen the images and the videos. Looked pretty bad. 

And for today, a blast from the past: Battlefield Vietnam OST

Goood mooooorning, Vietnam!

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 75 of 180 (562 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I wish one of the future BF1 expansion maps would include the glitchy flaming spinning zeppelin there as an easter egg :

Anyways, what has everyone been doing ? Anyone else played the Sonic Mania that came out awhile ago ?

Message 76 of 180 (523 Views)

@RedFoxxie  Denuvo was a bit of a put-off. And that always online requirement (this, at least, was fixed). 

I want to get Sonic Mania, but because Denuvo, i will get it in a serious sale now. I want publishers to understand the fact that DRM hurts only the customer and not the bloody pirate (and ffs, the game is already cracked?!!). Not cool. So my next Sega buy will be Vanquish (i've got Valkyria Chronicles and Bayonetta on PC at launch, something that i rarely do, as i wanted Sega to get the fact that we want more ports from their console library). If they remove Denuvo from Sonic Mania, that will be instabuy at full price. 

In other news, want to try the new BF1 DLC (and this will also be my first atempt to MP, which probably will bring me a lot of "fans"), so i barely wait to get home to press that update buttonStandard smile

Also, i have finished like 75% from DA:I. Stardew Valley got played quite a bit, due to being a very relaxing game, especially after a hard day at work. Watched the new XCOM 2 expansion, which seem to vastly improve the base game (so i will grab those in the winter sale). Watched Agents of Mayhem, which left me vastly disappointed. I did not have high expectations for AOM, but the game is beyond boring. Even the atempts to humor are hit and miss. Finally watched EA's Gamescom conference. Battlefront 2 and NFS Payback were clearly the stars (for me at least). Anthem's gameplay will be probably revealed at a later date. Looking forward to that.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 77 of 180 (515 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@ivrognard  Yeah the Denuvo thing has been quite a mess for SM. Quite sad to see an otherwise great game getting into such a scandal.

Heh, I've been playing BF1 recently as well. I had quite a bit of a break from the game and I haven't quite even gotten through the They Shall Not Pass's content yet and already the In the Name of Tsar's coming out. Gonna be busy time getting used to all the new maps, haha. From what I've watched the videos and seen the CTE stuff on the upcoming DLC, it's gonna be a blast alright.

Right, the new XCOM2 expansion came out.. I might get it at some point when it gets cheaper but I generally wasn't a huge fan of XCOM2's mechanics in general. I've been enjoying Xenonauts when it comes to my craving for some xeno blasting lately Tongue out The game sounds and looks awesome though and I do agree that it seems like the new expansion does bring it a whole lot of new content so for those who did enjoy the main game they're surely going to enjoy the new content to it.

EDIT: That reminds me, I bought Valkyria Chronicles, too, from one of the sales and never played it.. I forgot I even have it. Happens always with me and sales.

Message 78 of 180 (511 Views)

@RedFoxxie  Don't forget that Xenonauts 2 is in the works. And, please, please, try Valkyria Chronicles. It's one of those true gems that would have done great on PC, but sadly were released on a console with no marketing whatsoever.

VC did poorly on PS3, but the PC relaunch was an actual success. Bayonetta and Vanquish are also successful on PC, all three ports being quite well executed. Those three are hit sleepers, selling steadily through the word of mouth, mostly. From those three, VC is clearly the best of the bunch: solid story, characters that you care about (every member of your squad comes with its own story and mission and you will know them well before the game's ending). Even the villains are more than simple villains. They have their own motivations, motivations resulted from their life experiences. 

I've played VC1 on a friend's PS3 and got it when it came out on PC. VC2 was played on my now defunct PSP. Sadly VC3 never made it in english. But what i've seen, clearly a better game than VC2, quite close to the original. 

Message 79 of 180 (503 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@ivrognard  Yeah I got VC1 myself due to seeing my friend play it once at my house on his laptop and the game happened to be on sale so I bought it largely on his suggestion and by seeing the game. I clearly see it being a kind of game I am going to like but I just haven't gotten to play it, haha ~

And yeah, Xenonauts 2 is in the works, indeed. I do hope it'll end up being a good game. Kinda afraid if they're going to try and modernize it too much.

Bayonetta is a fun game. I have them on Wii U myself and I've enjoyed them. I was a bit afraid at first that I'd not enjoy the game being a bit on the lewd side but it's been entertaining and fun to play around, both 1 and 2. Reminds me largely of Devil May Cry-series.

Btw, if you ever need friends to play BF1 with, I wouldn't mind playing depending of course on the region and platform you're on. I also largely just play "for the funsies" so my carefree playstyle doesn't really suit everyone, haha ~ In either case, good luck in the trenches, and of course the snowy regions of the new DLC.

Message 80 of 180 (497 Views)