Re: The Community Thread

by ivrognard

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

I love TellTale games. Will need to catch up on Batman and the last The Walking Dead games. Will grab them during the next Christmas sale on PS Store. And as for Pyre, I`ve read some pretty good reviews on this game. Supergiant Games is doing a great job on developing beautiful hand drawn games, but for some reason I was not hooked neither by Bastion or Transistor. Just not my type of games I guess.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 41 of 180 (760 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Telltale games, more like "start on satruday evening and finish sunday morning" games :D not, but seriously, the first 2 walking dead games i literally played in one sitting, the third one i would have aswell but it wasnt fully released yet Standard smile

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Cd-info-box.png

Message 42 of 180 (745 Views)
Highlighted

So...it was a small vacation for me. For a week. Got lost in the Malazan Books of the Fallen series and i must say that those books deserve a good TV series. Preferably made by someone that has the resources for such an epic history.

The other thing that i did was to move my arse into gear and continue Dragon Age Inquisition. The Wicked Hearts questline was right into my alley. Loved it for all the backstabbing politics. Three High Dragons went to the afterlife, all companions were recruited, a few maps cleaned. Can't believe that i put in a week 80 hours of play into DA:I! Standard smile

Also, a few short MP sessions of ME:A (still hoping for some SP DLC's to wrap up the story completely).

Finally seen Alien Covenant: better than Prometheus, but still not quite at the level of the Alien Trilogy movies.

@Babyhuehnchen  Wolf Among Us was really nice. looking forward to the second season.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 43 of 180 (728 Views)

Finished Life is Strange today. Cool game, thinking about jumping to some TellTale adventure now. I am in desperate need of a game with a great story.

@ivrognard Covenant better than Prometheus? How so? Just because they showed real Aliens there for a change? 

Archi.png
Message 44 of 180 (708 Views)

★ Guide

Really liking the Creator Update for Windows 10. Also I cannot stop playing Fortnite!!! Such a fun game. 

Message 45 of 180 (686 Views)

@EA_Archi  Well, that was nice to see actual aliens. But, the story seemed put better together than it was in Prometheus. But that is just my opinion. 

Go for Telltale games. A game with a great story, though not a stellar gameplay, comes also from the creators of Life is Strange: Remember Me. That is a rough gem, sadly quite ignored. I liked the main character and her story a lot. 

Other games ignored by a vast majority: SpecOps: The Line (imagine a modern Apocalypse Now meeting Deer Hunter and you get this game), Binary Domain (japanese cyberpunk at its finest, with some beautiful questions thrown into the mix, but i would recommend to get a walkthrough if you want to get the best ending) and, yes, i know it sounds bizzare, but Sleeping Dogs (i doubt that many paid attention to the whole banter in the missions and cutscenes, but it has some great moments and the game is basically the Infernal Affairs of the videogaming). 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 46 of 180 (666 Views)

@BigPete7978 

Fortnite making a lot of noise now. I keep hearing people praising this game. Guess will need to test it soon. Looks like Dungeon Keeper meets Left 4 Dead. 

@ivrognard

Binary Domain is awesome. Sadly, one of highly underappreciated titles. Shooting droids was a real fun, and a story kept me on a edge of my seat. Even reviews were great, but for some reason sales were far below any expectations.

Cheers,

Archi    

Archi.png
Message 47 of 180 (657 Views)

@EA_Archi so nice to meet someone else that enjoyed Binary Domain. The game, despite its Gears of War gameplay, made me care about every single character. I might add a screenie with my whole magnificent seven at the end of the game, united against the main villain. This game would have made a great cyberpunk anime, i am pretty sure of itStandard smile

Message 48 of 180 (655 Views)

@ivrognard 

I guess this was the reason behind its failure. It was too anime-like. Literally whole game felt like a cool anime. Was really good though.  

Archi.png
Message 49 of 180 (651 Views)

@EA_Archi you might be onto something there. Now that you've mentioned, I recalled that something bugged me while playing it. And i think that i know what now: it's pretty close to the story from Vexille (which was a great cyberpunk anime, by the way). I still liked Binary Domain for what it was. Our japanese friends can make a really mean cyberpunk, when they want to and i can probably give quite a number of examples. I am just afraid that people would get boredStandard smile

Message 50 of 180 (649 Views)