Re: The Cheater Problem is Artificial

by VenderAzura

Original Post

★ Apprentice

The sad thing this kid OP doesn't realize is that 16k was the FIRST week. The cheating problem has literally exploded since then, especially now that the game is gaining traction in China. I'v been recording footage of the cheaters in my games and last night I had 5 super obvious aimbotters in 5/8 matches. Granted, I play on the asia servers so the problem is amplified x100 but it's still a problem on all servers.

Message 21 of 88 (453 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@VPPTrue  

The reason I was sorta badgering you is because you

contradicted yourself with your post and topic header.

"The cheater problem is Artificial"

"Sure, there definitely are a lot of cheaters."

And so far the cheaters threads Iv'e seen don't mention them

seeing a hacker every single game(unless I missed a few).

Iv'e seen a few hackers in the games I have played,

not every game mind you, yes, there are better players

out there that kill you, sure, but so far 70% of the time

when I get insta killed from all HS's wile wearing

level 3 armor and spectate the guy, he's usually

nailing nothing but HS's and is obviously

cheating.

Unless it's shroud or Dizzy... then

it's just his F all aimbot like skills lol.

But yes, the hacker issue is real and a problem,

but like every multiplayer game out there, there

are always going to be people looking for

an unfair advantage.

Message 22 of 88 (473 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I gaurentee all these people did not read your full post and already getting tilted. He literally acknowledged people are cheating but people come here every time they die and complain about cheaters. I play this game for about 2/3 hours a day(if I have time) and run into maybe a couple cheaters
He is not stating that it’s not a problem, he’s stating that they’re not as common as you think.
Yes all those bans were people cheating, but of the 25 million people that play this game, the chance that you guys are running into THAT many cheaters that’d you’d quit the game over is absurd
Message 23 of 88 (461 Views)

★★ Guide
That isn't a contradiction. Perhaps poorly worded but not a contradiction. What I meant was that there are "a lot" of cheaters but not nearly as many as people think.

The Asian servers are definitely an outlier here. I personally don't play there but I know how it goes down in there from others and from....what happened with pubg early on...let's not talk about that. I don't want to elaborate further on this because EA is definitely against "accusing entire nations". That's water I don't want to tread.
Message 24 of 88 (458 Views)

★★ Guide

@BotWeston wrote:
I gaurentee all these people did not read your full post and already getting tilted. He literally acknowledged people are cheating but people come here every time they die and complain about cheaters. I play this game for about 2/3 hours a day(if I have time) and run into maybe a couple cheaters
He is not stating that it’s not a problem, he’s stating that they’re not as common as you think.
Yes all those bans were people cheating, but of the 25 million people that play this game, the chance that you guys are running into THAT many cheaters that’d you’d quit the game over is absurd

They absolutely did not read it lol. I get that it's a bit on the longer side of a post but c'mon. I'm not the best at explaining things simply sorry about that. 

Thank you for actually reading it. 

Message 25 of 88 (456 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Okay 16,000 cheaters yes that’s alot, yeah out of 25 million, okay okay let’s say all those accounts aren’t being currently active. Let’s cut that in half. 12.5 million players, okay let’s double the amount of cheaters. Just for these please sake that keep bitching on this post. That’s literally still 0.2% of the player base that’s cheating

”but I run into one every game!!” No you don’t shut up 

Message 26 of 88 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

One cheater is enough to ruin a game. The problem is gamers these days have become used to coming across cheaters. They brush it aside as a bad experience. But really a game by definition is "game is an activity or sport usually involving skill, knowledge, or chance, in which you follow fixed rules and try to win against an opponent".  I have come across a lot of cheaters as I only play weekends mainly because of work shifts. But to land and be instantly headshot from 200yds away 3 times in a row isn't a "good player" there are too many factors involved. But this happens a lot. Then to be in the final 2 teams and some guy runs around a corner and takes out your whole team in 1 clip of a wingman c'mon even with 3rd level magazine. Cheat deniers are an issue and I cannot work out why they would do this. Maybe just cannot handle the fact that the game they love is being ruined. My experience today was every other game 100% I came across a cheater. 25 yrs gaming by now I know what is legit and what is not. The game is riddled with cheaters as bad as the PUBG "China numba one" days.

Message 27 of 88 (443 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@VPPTrue  So you say its an Artificial problem.... So what you are saying is all those people cheating out there actually skynet and is slowly learning how it will one day take over the world all because apex legends ?!?!?!

Message 28 of 88 (432 Views)

★★ Guide
I was waiting for a joke like this haha. I didn't intend the pun but definitely chuckled about it after I made the post.

I was hoping someone would say something like "The only artificial thing about the cheater problem is their aim!" Or something like that.
Message 29 of 88 (430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@4doorscort wrote:

One cheater is enough to ruin a game. The problem is gamers these days have become used to coming across cheaters. They brush it aside as a bad experience. But really a game by definition is "game is an activity or sport usually involving skill, knowledge, or chance, in which you follow fixed rules and try to win against an opponent".  I have come across a lot of cheaters as I only play weekends mainly because of work shifts. But to land and be instantly headshot from 200yds away 3 times in a row isn't a "good player" there are too many factors involved. But this happens a lot. Then to be in the final 2 teams and some guy runs around a corner and takes out your whole team in 1 clip of a wingman c'mon even with 3rd level magazine. Cheat deniers are an issue and I cannot work out why they would do this. Maybe just cannot handle the fact that the game they love is being ruined. My experience today was every other game 100% I came across a cheater. 25 yrs gaming by now I know what is legit and what is not. The game is riddled with cheaters as bad as the PUBG "China numba one" days.

I mean, not to discount your experience but Ive definitely wiped a squad with a single mag of a wingman. I've also definitely stacked headshots at range. The scout is an absolute beast people sleep on that gun btw. 

I actually have a clip I need to upload some time of doing exactly what you said is impossible without cheats - slid around the corner and wiped a squad with a wingman mag. Skull piercer is actually kind of insane. 

You can tell when they think you're cheating too because they will spec you for a long time. 

But lets not get too off topic. Just realize that those things are absolutely possible without cheats. 

Message 30 of 88 (424 Views)