Re: The Cheater Problem is Artificial

by warslag

Original Post

The Cheater Problem is Artificial

★★ Guide

All I see on the forums is complaining about cheaters. I have yet to see a single person I truly, without a doubt, can say is a cheater. I've been playing games for way too long and for most of my time gaming I've played at a competitive level. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just giving some background. 

This is a free game obviously, and that attracts a very wide audience. I suspect that most of you guys calling hax play games casually. You're just not expecting to come across"sweaty tryhards". You don't have their mindset, you aren't trying your hardest, you probably have a better social life. 

There are a ton of people out there who are just plain better than you. Please don't take offense to that, I'm not trying to insult anyone here. I too get owned all the time and I go and spectate them if I think something was fishy. It always has turned out that they just outplayed me or got lucky. You have to be able to admit when you lost a fight or you will never get better at this game. In fact accepting defeat and learning from it is just a good life skill. 

I'm not trying to make a "gIt GuD nOoB" post. I'm more so trying to get people to be realistic. Sure, there definitely are a lot of cheaters. But you're not running into them every game like you think. There are just a lot of good gamers out there. For too many years people have been needlessly calling hax to make themselves feel better about getting owned. Let's at least try to put an end to it. 

GLHF

Message 1 of 88 (1,813 Views)

★ Guide

Cheaters are definitely real, ran to few "suspicious" cases myself, twice perfect aim through smoke and one guy doing constant headshots mile away.

But not as much as you would think by reading forums.

Message 2 of 88 (1,793 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello there,

Just because you have yet to come across a cheater

does not mean there are none.

I recently posted a video on my youtube of

a guy using aimbot and probably other

cheats.

I won't link the video but look up

QuickyTime on youtube and you will find it.

Yes there are hackers in the game and

EA have already banned a fair number

of them.

Message 3 of 88 (1,791 Views)

★★ Guide

lol, 16,000 people banned after the first two weeks and the cheating problem is "artificial" 

Yeah, ok kid. 

Message 4 of 88 (1,780 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Whilst you may not have personally encountered anyone cheating, or realised someone was cheating, 16,000 cheats were officially banned in the first couple of weeks of Apex Legends.

Message 5 of 88 (1,777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

My teammate was just one, killed 13 ppl all headshots , snapping and even shooting into walls at them... it was damn obvious... he actually died to another person that laser beamed his head from afar ... i think it was another hacker xD

You wanna know what level he was? 12.... he had 0 kills with lifeline ... and his name was random keyboard letters abcadasss something mumble jumble like that ... 

Kinda smirked when he died... and laughed at him and said " HAH another hacker killed you :P "

feelsbad.... i been lvl 100 for a while... and i see them like once a day... the straight up blatant ones that shoot walls and * when the aimbot is following them ... or they cant tell a rock is there ... and them magicly running around and snapping too ppl for no reason out of nowhere....

I guess the only hope/sympathy i can throw you is this...

Sometimes the hackers die xD

Message 6 of 88 (1,763 Views)

★ Pro

Go do your homework before coming into a forum thinking hacks are not in this game. If its a PC game, I assure you there is a hack out there.

Message 7 of 88 (1,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

What?

1000 "artificial" bans per day?

Respawn reported 16000 "artificial" bans?

Now cheaters are "artificial" players?

Interesting ...

Message 8 of 88 (1,752 Views)

★ Apprentice

This game is a hackers fest and you cant change my mind about,i played games for years maybe more than you,also big streamers has priority on everything,they said is hard to get the knife from the apex boxes......lies all big streamers have it isnt really strange?,also for a normal player like me my in game performance is * because im not a crazy spender,i shoot the enemy and i need 100 bullets to kill one or i get rekt from only one bullet while i have maxed out my body shield and helmet from someone who spend for skins or is streaming advertising ads,this is not royal game this is mostly pay to win,all this * has to be shot down,its a battle royal game not pay to win,i pay for skins only if i see the game is played fairly,its all about  money and popularity nowa days and people have to open their minds

Message 9 of 88 (1,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@VPPTrue wrote:

All I see on the forums is complaining about cheaters. I have yet to see a single person I truly, without a doubt, can say is a cheater. I've been playing games for way too long and for most of my time gaming I've played at a competitive level. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just giving some background. 

This is a free game obviously, and that attracts a very wide audience. I suspect that most of you guys calling hax play games casually. You're just not expecting to come across"sweaty tryhards". You don't have their mindset, you aren't trying your hardest, you probably have a better social life. 

There are a ton of people out there who are just plain better than you. Please don't take offense to that, I'm not trying to insult anyone here. I too get owned all the time and I go and spectate them if I think something was fishy. It always has turned out that they just outplayed me or got lucky. You have to be able to admit when you lost a fight or you will never get better at this game. In fact accepting defeat and learning from it is just a good life skill. 

I'm not trying to make a "gIt GuD nOoB" post. I'm more so trying to get people to be realistic. Sure, there definitely are a lot of cheaters. But you're not running into them every game like you think. There are just a lot of good gamers out there. For too many years people have been needlessly calling hax to make themselves feel better about getting owned. Let's at least try to put an end to it. 

GLHF

You´re not that good as you believe you are!!!!

Do you even research things before you claim such nonesense???

This game is so infested with cheaters, that even PRO-Gamers have to cheat during their scrims and get exposed by other proplayers who luckily took a closer look. https://twitter.com/Liquid_Rogue/status/1100276596760629248

(only one example of a huge amount you can find through google, youtube, reddit, etc...)

This is not even casual cheating, it´s about a chance on a contract at a new team for a lot of cash (if you realy played at competetive level like you claim you know what scrims are... but i doubt you ever played at that level).

The casual cheaters are everywhere and easy to spot... know enemy locations and allways know where to run, but never ever check every corner or run straight through open field without cover because they know no one is there (even they don´t win matches because of their poor aim, but still they´re cheating with ESP... but for casuals like you that isn´t easy to spot if they do some fakemoves to pretend to look for enemies).

Message 10 of 88 (1,723 Views)