The Characters I want to see getting NERFED in the next update

by GutmanSca

Original Post

Re: The Characters I want to see getting NERFED in the next update

★★ Pro
@Shadowphinx101 I despise Peashooter, you're right. But nothing, nothing compare to the Gods that are mentioned here.
Message 11 of 36 (423 Views)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r Try playing Corn against Scientist that is healing his entire team and see what I mean. You can't do nothing about it. He negates butter beacon with healing, his only source of good damage, cancel HALF of his dps with 25 hps or 31 with power wash, can overheal his team, negating important one time in a life time damage from Shuck Shot (since it has STUPID cooldown), he can actually win against Corn 1v1 with Sticky Heal thing or by just having good aiming, remember: His tps can always get out of Corn's abilities, completely making the character look garbage in every way possible.

Not only Pea, but Corn with husk hop, Acorn with his stupid dashes, Supports with hard target, Citron with dash, Cactus with propeller, can all get out of SB's combos, or just sprint away from it lol. Just a reminder: double jump completely negates the effect of Hyper Jump Thump, just use it when you get hooked by the suck hitbox with Night Cap and you're free.

Health Reg. and Health Reg. Delay are stupid, they make both Acorn and Oak indestructible. Little Friend is even worse.

His shield can negate SB in close range without Turbo Twister, or just start jumping and pointing the shield to the ground, problem solved!
Message 12 of 36 (419 Views)

★★ Pro
@GutmanSca Good suggestions, but at this point I don't care who is op or uneerpowered anymore. I just want damage dropoff. PvP is broken without it.
Message 13 of 36 (404 Views)

★★ Expert
@GutmanSca Haha
Message 14 of 36 (384 Views)

★ Pro
Acorn seriously needs his damage toned down as it does more than base Kernel Corn along with a hit box of Nightcap's and a transformation that turns him into the tree trunk.
In terms of Citron's shield, I think you shouldn't be able to turn with it; many people are annoyed with it because when they get up close, he can just put up a shield and repeatedly block damage. Not allowing him to change directions forces him to actually fight or get vanquished from the back. It also still lets him be a good frontline defender.
Message 15 of 36 (367 Views)

★★ Pro

Added 4 more characters to the list, they deserve to be here.

@Shadowphinx101 here it is.

Probably going to add more, just thinking more about it.

Message 16 of 36 (366 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@GutmanSca I just thought the Corn / Scientist comparison was very weird. After all, what you said about Scientist is true  when used against any other character as well. Pocket heal should be nerfed. I don't agree at all with you opinion on Acorn's upgrades. You can't stack them anyway and can only chose 1 or 2 of the health related ones if you want some other good ones, and without them Acorn Passengers would instantly die. 

I also don't agree with your opinions on Peashooter and 80's Action hero.

Peashooter:

Peashooter is not overpowered. He does a lot of damage with his shots, but his rate of fire is not good. I think foot soldier is way better, especially with the rapid fire upgrade. Chili Bean Bomb is not too strong. Unlike other insta-kills, it has limited range and most importantly, a clear VISUAL and ACOUSTIC warning. As a result, it hardly ever gets to blow something up. It is mostly used as a distraction or as a way to get some distance between the Peashooter and the zombies. Think of it as a plant version of the Funky Bouncer, rather than an actual bomb. Homing pea barely works and party time isn't as useful as people think (as well as last ditch). In pvp it hardly ever occurs that Party Time activates, and when it does, there should be a noticable benefit. Else the upgrade points would be wasted.

And I would like to add that Imp should not have explosive escape. It is extremely unfair. His reward for quitting the Mech before running out of health should be that he himself doesn't explode.

80's Action Hero:

While a fully charged shot can ist-kill low health classes, your aim needs to be spot on. A small damage reduction would be acceptable, but otherwise he is mostly balanced. Rocket ride is mostly escapable, unless a bot uses it.

Message 17 of 36 (330 Views)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r Pea's damage is a little too high imo. Just a little. And Pea Suped is overpowered. Insane fire-rate, very difficult to hit, but very easy and effective to hit with.
Message 18 of 36 (328 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Peashooters have been very popular since GW1 because they are a solid character; crits on direct hits, splash damage, bean bombs, and so on make them very good at almost any range, even with dropoff in the prior games. At the least, they should remove/change the guided pea upgrade and that last pea extra damage ability. 

Message 19 of 36 (318 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@shurikeninja The thing is without Pea Suped and pogo pinning, Peashooter wouldn't stand a chance against foot soldier. I know Corn and Soldier are counterparts, but there isn't really one for Peashooter and Soldier has always been compared to Peashooter. If you don't use pogo pinning against Soldier, he will obliterate you in second, especially with the rapid fire upgrade. The only nerf I would consider for Peashooter has to do with splash damage.

@Iron_Guard8 Homing Peas doesn't really help, though. I have tried playing with and without the upgrade. Whenever I play without it, I deal like 30 damage with a headshot, but whenever I play with the upgrade, the Pea moves a little away from the head even when I directly aim at it. because of this, the shots end up only dealing 14 damage. this is very annoying.

Message 20 of 36 (310 Views)