The Characters I want to see getting NERFED in the next update

by GutmanSca

Original Post

The Characters I want to see getting NERFED in the next update

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Just a quick but informative post about the characters I want to see nerfed in the next update in September.

ACORN: Smallest hitbox in the game, 100 hp with hardened, insta win against any x1 or groups (Saptrap), double get out of jail free card (Dashes), better standard DPS than Corn, Soldier and Imp, have the stupid upgrades (such as best defense, health reg. delay, health regeneration, little friend that now gives both Acorn and Oak more ammo, give treetop turret INFINITE AMMO only costing 2 points), can heal and overheal itself using lumber support, stupid sprinting along with dashes while sprinting, and he has Oak.

CITRON: tank character with one of the highest DPS in the game, 600 hp shield, stun, stupid upgrades (such as best defense, health reg. delay, health regeneration, Peached, Laser upgrades, and more), literally a better All-Star sprint tackle, long range option, no lag or slowness or not being able to jump while using primary, stupid magazine, best sprinting in the game, best revive support in the game.

BRAINIUM BASHER 9001: A dive character fused with a hit and run character, little to no lag to do almost everything, spamable dashes and uppercuts with the best mobility in the game by far, stupid damage and HP, along with stupid abilities. It's literally the same gameplay has standard SB but with no risk involved and much better primary and secondary, has auto sustain and other upgrades that are stupid.

Honorable characters to mention:

SCIENTIST: takes little to no skill to play, stupid support upgrades such as power wash, super savior, wormhole and hard target. Can heal and overheal his entire team at once, small hitbox, triple TP with invencibility frames on each one, higher DPS than Steam Blaster and more range, pocket healing, completely negates Corn as an character.

SUNFLOWER: takes more skill to play then Scientist but still super braindead, high healing rate with stupid upgrades, hard target exists, makes herself and teammates around her imortal, overhealing, higher standard DPS than Corn, Soldier and Imp, hard to hit when sprinting.

ENGINEER: basically a DPS, broken buffs with his turret that provides him and teammates stupid ROF and INFINITE AMMO, has a speed pad that is both a escape or a faster way to get into fights or points, insta win against anything by using bullhorn swarm, can actually win against any attacker in x1, stupid concrete launcher bouncing and stupid upgrades for the same, braindead gameplay.

PEASHOOTER: broken beam bomb (unnecessary buffs, now it has more range than Z Mech's EXPLOSIVE ESCAPE) with low cooldown and stupid upgrades, small hitbox, peagatling still annylates anything it looks, Pea Suped is hyper on steroids with ROF increase and sprinting along with feed the beast upgrade, 14 splash, easy direct hits because of projectile speed, better bunny hop than GW2 (without hyper).

80S ACTION HERO:  pretty much a better version of what Corn and Soldier should be, 150 hp for no reason, Rocket Ride still does enough damage to break Citron's shield completely and to delete Oaks, stupid damage output with second and first charge from bow blaster, stupid upgrades (such as bow master, leg day, critical tag, super payload and more), a broken version of Rose's legendary upgrade (Can't-miss-ile).

SNAPDRAGON: broken fire damage, broken range, Flare Ball being way too generous, upgrades that makes his overheating never happen, insane abilities with massive damage, Blue Blazes being a different Can't-miss-ile.

CHOMPER: broken ROF glitch, Goop is way too strong, slobber shot makes it a Sniper along with Halitosis, burrow just shouldn't be able to get you on top of things, just a escape or engage ability.

Message 1 of 36 (806 Views)

Re: The Characters I want to see getting NERFED in the next update

Champion
@GutmanSca Yes, Yes, Yes and ... to the honorable mention ... well, hmm ... yes!

I have trouble using Brainium Basher 9001 and prefer the regular SB anyway. I do not like losing the shield anyway. SB is one of my favourites, but I am not a massive fan of BB 9001. Do love the mobility though.
Message 2 of 36 (792 Views)

★★ Expert
@GutmanSca So no mentian of Peashooter hmmmm... I thought u despised him. Well Chomper's goop should get a mention, and Engineer, because they are insane.
Message 3 of 36 (780 Views)

★ Expert

The basher is literally impossible to hit if spamming his movements they need a delay for those...even in open maps it moves way too fast, you can't even track him with eyes let alone hit him.

Message 4 of 36 (749 Views)

★★ Pro
@GutmanSca And nerf Peashooter's damage to 30, make it so that Pea Suped doesn't increase fire-rate, rather gives infinite ammo so DPS isn't affected.
Message 5 of 36 (728 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@GutmanSca Completely agree here. It feels almost impossible to win against these characters.
Message 6 of 36 (723 Views)

★★ Pro
@GutmanSca I really agree, mainly I wanted to highlight Citron, for me the most underrated character in the game, he is like an all-star in December, but with a 600hp shild, more mobility, stronger abilities and a kit that practically makes him an unbeatable character in 1v1.

And an addition about the healers: I want a nerf in healing in general, he is very strong and practically makes the character who is receiving healing immortal, and even a nerf in overhealing, make him fall even faster, in practice his change disappears with time it rarely happens, because the time for this is too long.
Message 7 of 36 (715 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Acorn is too good right now. I have no idea why they gave them a 2nd dash but the main issue is they do too much damage for how small they are. There are times when you're getting hit but have trouble finding the Acorn that is spamming you with attacks and it does far too much damage when taking their full kit into account. Being a Treetop Acorn is often not worth it these days as you're so easy to take out right now, but the whole Acorn/Oak/Treetop rider situation needs to be looked at in detail.

Citron is so freaking annoying to take out right now, even the AI versions can be tedious to deal with. I like that All-Star and Citron have different approaches to their shields but Citron is the clear winner right now in this department.

Brainium Basher 9001 is an oddball as it's not the easiest thing to use (and I've not been using it much, not even in PvE to get bulbs and level up SB), but if you're good with it, you are a terror to deal with. 

Scientist is still too good, whether using the steam blaster or not. 3 no delay warps makes the old scientist assault healer concept even better than it was in GW1 and 2, and that's saying something. Fixing the warps would go a long way towards balancing this character.

The other changes I'd like to see:Healing shouldn't punish certain classes kits: as an example; Sunflowers can negate 80s' tags with little to no effort, destroying a large part of his kit. I'd also like them to make Engineer less of a turret camper and more interesting and exciting to play.

Message 8 of 36 (699 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@GutmanSca I only agree with some of your opinions. I know some of my opinions are unpopular and people will most likely reply to them, so I am going to make a separate post about my desired nerfs. I still wanted to reply here to offer my input on certain points.

• Acorn Dash isn't op. It is useless if you want to dodge insta-kills with it. Your hits stays where your beginning position is. so you could be on the other side already, and a ZPG or Super Ultra Ball that is fired at your original position could still kill you.
  • The upgrades for Acorn/Oak you mentioned aren't op. Without them, Oak and Passengers would not stand a chance against Space Station with Cadets. I don't see how you would want them to be nerfed bit are fine with Space Station.
  • Citron might be powerful, but the Shield has many bugs. You can stand 1 meter in front of it and just shoot through it. In addition to this, there are many abilities that counter Citron. I agree Citron needs some nerfs, but only after the bugs concerting the shield are fixed.
  • Barium Basher needs to be nerfed. I agree, as my post on the upgrade highlights.

Honorable Mention:

I don't know why you would compare Scientist to Corn. I guess you only play as Super Brainz and Corn. That would explain to me why you hate Peashooter so much, as @Shadowphinx101 mentioned. He is one of the only characters that can escape Super Brainz's op jump + Turbo Twister / normal punch / super ultra ball combo.

Message 9 of 36 (688 Views)

★★★★ Expert
I have now made my post about it, if anyone is interested in reading it.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Nerfs-I-recommend-for-the-next-balancing-update/m-p/943...
Message 10 of 36 (671 Views)