Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The “Carry Me” Club

by Valiantsword

Original Post

Re: The “Carry Me” Clubb

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@highrent2013 I am sorry, but i must reapectfully disagree. I did this one time on gm2 just to see what all the ra ra was about. Turned out i was the 1 carrying as a rare javelin. I had 2 guns 2 abilities and 2 components equipped so that is 450 score. All legendary of course

Some people are simply trash at the game. I went down once and that was questionable because i am quite sure i dodge rolled that sniper shot but whatever. 

The issue I had was that I didn't see any real power boost like people were saying. Sure the numbers were quite higher. My explosion from divine vengeance was doing 40k+ about 4 times what my 690 javelin does, but it still took 3 bursts from my divine vengeance to drop the elite scars which is exactly the number of rounds i use as a 690 javelin with 10k explosions. Anthem is a joke atm. This entire power scaling nonsense is just that, nonsense.

Combos are basically a gimmick at this point. The strongest enemies in the game where combos will be effective at killing them are 90% shielded so you cannot prime them. Bioware needs to take 2 and come again. There is no way a gun doing 40k explosive damage takes the exact number of rounds to kill as that of a 10k gun. It is hilarious.

As for OP, i feel your pain my brother. Have had to carry countless times. The problem isn't just the low gs players either. There are several high gs javelins that eat dirt and do jack for damage. The issue is that the javelin score has little to do with the actual power of your javelin. 

Message 31 of 52 (79 Views)

Re: The “Carry Me” Club

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Aknunsus wrote:

Pretty silly for power level 500s to be messing around in GM3.  I've got some 676-690 javelins and I still don't even think about GM3.  GM2 is definitely doable, but still feels like more work than is warranted for the payout.  

If streamers are telling players to do GM3 as best way to get geared, they are a big part of the problem.  Too many lemmings will follow them off a cliff. 

I hate it when I'm in a mission and I'm dying too much, it is not fun.  Fortunately, I haven't put myself in that position except for once with a group of friends who actually wanted to pull me along for a GM1 run when I was just a few points under the suggested 400 power level (the suggested number at the time, before the stat increase patch).   They had to talk me into it. 

Also irritating is when I'm rezzing the same guy every minute or so (at least they can get themselves back up in 10-30 seconds now). 

Absolutely a power level requirement is needed.  The question, though, is what the power levels should be.  I don't think the current recommended power levels are accurate-- they should be increased, at least for GM2 and GM3, but by how much I can't say yet.  Although, I'd go out on a limb and say GM3 should be at least power level 700. 

Here's the thing. This has little to do with streamers. This is all on Bioware. When legendary gear is basically what people need to effectively participate in gm3 and your drop rate for that legendary is low in gm1 and 2, players will try gm3 to have the best chance for leg drops. The further tact that there is now power level restriction on these gm tiers only serves to compound the issue

Message 32 of 52 (115 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Haruchai01 You know you can set players to ignore and mute them right? I think you were just intrigued by the background noise and waitinf to hear if the lady went off on him

😊

Message 33 of 52 (107 Views)

Re: The “Carry Me” Clubb

★★★★★ Novice

Well I promise if you stack the right passives an be smart about your gear you'll hit 40k (fire) damage. as for explosive damage yes its up there too.  shields are vastly needed to deter that lone gunner mentality. hence the way to take shields down, thunderbolt proc will wipe a shield instantly..or again OP style ralners incredible fire tick will take the shield and kill them no matter the difficulty. Try it..it will change the way you play and think about the game...

Message 34 of 52 (107 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@VILE_INFECTION wrote:

Masterworks < Legendary no matter the type.

Please explain. And if you are about to say you get more power scaling please stop. People seem to misunderstand that power scaling applies to your melee and your ultimate. At GM2 I save my ultimaye for clutch situatio s not specifically the damage. And as a storm i don't find my melee to be very effective. 

Hence a masterwork skill with 100% charges and 125% damage bonus is better for me than a legendary with 2 speed rolls and harvest bonus and repair amount

Message 35 of 52 (99 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@buddahcjcc Lol. The xp at the end of a match means squat. You just need to tick off the feats. I could do all the damage while you gi around collecting materials, tossing your weak * abilities and ruining my combos and rushing in for melee attacks and dying in the process and have a higher xp than i get after the match. 

Good one. Also when I say you, i don't mean specifically you because i don't know your power but i mean another player. Just so you don't think i am saying your javelin is weak. I am just illustrating a point

Message 36 of 52 (96 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@xXLordNevikXx wrote:

What about looking at it like its an opportunity to get someone else involved and love the game as much as you? Teach them? tons of people still don't know about mini bosses in the tyrant mine or the simple fact that killing random mobs in between the bosses has way better chance at loot so instead of rushing take the time to say hi to someone new and chat? I know it doesn't always work and I hate just carying people too but a lot of the time its someone that has no clue what their doing. By now I feel ive got every camp spot and advantage point on lock and would be glad to share. better to help them out that ignore them..

lol that being said..we do need better verbal AND non verbal communication in game. a kick system rly doenst work in practice cause of greifers and trolls...OR elitest  that "refuse" to play with purples or blues. Ill never play Neverwinter again because of issues from that system. Either way glass half full guys Standard smile

Wrong. They know exactly what they are doing. In my experience players who are unsure generally tend to stick to the easier content like say gm1 until they figure stuff out. If he was complaining about this in a gm1 contract i would say maybe.

You cannot tell me the level 26 javelin that came into my gm2 contract with his friend did not know what they were doing

Message 37 of 52 (93 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Jackz2kxx wrote:

@Haruchai01 You know you can set players to ignore and mute them right? I think you were just intrigued by the background noise and waitinf to hear if the lady went off on him

😊

Sorry, but you are not making any sense to me. No idea what you are saying.

Message 38 of 52 (80 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@Jackz2kxx wrote:

😊

Sorry, but you are not making any sense to me. No idea what you are saying.

I am saying you can mute players that are being annoying in voip. I then made a joke that you were probably trying to hear the conversation which is why you didn't mute him.

Comprende?

Message 39 of 52 (75 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

lol ok friend. everyone is out to get you and make your experience terrible. If you cant have a viewpoint and see both sides then you are the one wrong.  There are a bunch of reasons why I would bring a low lvl with me even to GM2 more than likely not 3 but thats just me. 

I also bet this doesn't rly happen all the time either. maybe once or twice a day, and for you and it may be a peeve of yours but no reason to think everyone has the agenda of hurting your play. Its more of an extra difficulty setting for me. NBD 

Message 40 of 52 (74 Views)
Twitter Stream