Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The “Carry Me” Club

by Valiantsword

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: The “Carry Me” Club

★ Pro

That's the nature of the game. Get a group and play with them only.

Message 11 of 52 (267 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@ValiantswordI literally put people who do that on "ignore" and report them for cheating. the first thing I do in EVERY mission is look at the levels. I wont even start if its a bunch of grapes or interceptors.

Message 12 of 52 (263 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Your fault for even doing GM3 :D Doing GM1-2 with 760 power, first and only stronghold yesterday on gm1 and 1 legendary from first chest, 12 freeplay events today, to complete the damn challenge, 0 legendaries

Message 13 of 52 (249 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
aye aye...though i gotta say i havnt seen any of those peeps in gm3 yet. but in gm2, theres alot ye. partially i think because its quite easy to carry in gm2, and theyd fail missions in gm3 more often than not if theres nobody who can clear it alone basically. its still a nogo since there mostly is at least one guy who belongs there, but just cant do it alone yet. its infuriating...cant have nice things because of such douchebags. in any game really
Message 14 of 52 (240 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

It's only going to get worse.

They rewarded bad behavior with loot, and now what you will see, is an increase in bad behavior for more loot. The longer EA/Bioware takes to put the proverbial foot down and say, "Enough is enough!" The more it will snowball out of control. They currently have absolutely nothing to lose, so why should they care if their actions interfere with your use of this EA service. The vile behavior I heard in one day using the Voip was enough to shut it off, and none of it was even directed at me. People are running around in game with names that are not funny or appropriate. 

Failure to police the game will just cause it to degenerate at a quicker pace.

A solo option for strongholds would be nice. At one time everyone on my origins played Anthem. As of yesterday one person besides myself played Anthem. Tell me again how people are not leaving this game in droves.

I'm an odd bird! I enjoy the mechanics in the game, so I will continue to play despite all the issues. I actually don't mind doing everything solo, most the time I prefer it that way.

Message 15 of 52 (239 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Expert

@TheRealNichivo wrote:

It's only going to get worse.

They rewarded bad behavior with loot, and now what you will see, is an increase in bad behavior for more loot. The longer EA/Bioware takes to put the proverbial foot down and say, "Enough is enough!" The more it will snowball out of control. They currently have absolutely nothing to lose, so why should they care if their actions interfere with your use of this EA service. The vile behavior I heard in one day using the Voip was enough to shut it off, and none of it was even directed at me. People are running around in game with names that are not funny or appropriate. 

Failure to police the game will just cause it to degenerate at a quicker pace.

A solo option for strongholds would be nice. At one time everyone on my origins played Anthem. As of yesterday one person besides myself played Anthem. Tell me again how people are not leaving this game in droves.

I'm an odd bird! I enjoy the mechanics in the game, so I will continue to play despite all the issues. I actually don't mind doing everything solo, most the time I prefer it that way.

I too enjoy the game, I am on Xbox so the issues are minimal, but even when they occur that don't stop my enjoyment any longer than a few nano seconds.

The VOIP, yes I was lucky enough to be in a group the other day and we had someone with an open mike and frankly it was the worst kind of person to have an open mike. There were the kids screaming in the background, the player swearing and screaming at them, the partner asking the player to get off the game as apparently she had given birth to another child a couple of weeks previously, the player screaming and cursing at her and threatening violence, all family friendly stuff. While I hadn't had any issues in Anthem along these lines previously, suffice to say after the contract I went into my settings and switched VOIP off. Some things you should never have to listen to, this player being one of them. I would rather listen to someone with an open mike eating spaghetti or a packet of chips and drinking coke with an "ahhh" after every slurp all while suffering from a nasty cold than that loser again.

Message 16 of 52 (234 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Problem is not just gear score, is you require some stats numbers just to be able to handle the GM 2 and GM 3, you can have the required gear score, but if you have no Max Armor or Max Shield depending on javelin or build your using you will get 1 shot, or if you have no damage stats to the build  your running, you will do no damage, it makes zero sense.

I'm sure everyone played diablo, well there's a reason why some items always roll with vitality and most item always have some sort of damage stats / STR, DEX, INT and weapons always roll weapon damage, 

imagine if in diablo every piece of gear could roll any stats in the game, lol, all decked out in Ancient set but not 1 stats of Vitality, STR, DEX or INT, well even if you have all the right gear for your build its not going anywhere.

well this is what anthem is allowing? 

there's 2 solution to this, Remove all Damage, Max Amor, Max Shield Stats, and scale those stats on Item level, kinda like Destiny/Warframe concept.  Or fix what stats can roll on what, don't make everything Random, Kinda like Diablo

Message 17 of 52 (231 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Rule number one of online PvE games: you play a public match, you have no control over who you end up with. It's pointless to moan about that, because that has always been happening, and will keep happening. If you play public always expect you have to carry the team, and never play a mission/difficulty you are not comfortable with being the one who does the carrying. Then, when you don't have to, you will pleasantly surprised.

Otherwise you need to team up with some friends. It's not other people's responsibility to live up to your expectations of them. If you can't accept playing with underpowered players, then it's your responsibility to find a team that you are okay with. In short, you are the one making it a problem, so it's up to you to find a solution. The solution in this case being, don't play public matches if you aren't okay with the results you get. Hopefully finding a good team you can trust and rely on becomes easier once the clan features are implemented.

Message 18 of 52 (218 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Masterworks < Legendary no matter the type.

Message 19 of 52 (206 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I've also experienced this.  Just last night actually.

I was doing a stronghold on GM1 (I'm 650 or so) and there were two others around my level and one around 550.  Should be a reasonable team, right?

But after a while I realised things were moving a lot slower than they should.  Playing an intercetor, I didn't stand still long enough to realise, but the rest of my team were all screwing around.

This continued on throughout the whole run.  sometimes they'd help a little, shoot some stuff, or collect a glowy thing, but that was pretty much it.  I stuck around, because I love the interceptor and I was having fun tearing the place up solo, but it was pretty frustrating when I died, an nobody gave a crap and came to rez me.  I had to wait out the timer and come back.

On the end boss, all 3 of them stood up on the ledge and watched me do all the killing on the ground.  I died a few times there too, no rez.

The whole run to more than twice as long as usual, AND I only got one MW out of it.  Not happy.  

Another time I was running a GM1 Stronghold, I ended up with a 450 player and a guy that was barely over 200.  I ended up leaving that run, it was just too much crap to put up with.

I put those guys on my ignore list, and I suggest you do the same to players who act like selfish jerks in-game like this.  It will stop them from being matched with you in future runs.

There really needs to be a level restriction to GM1, 2 and 3.

You really have no business in GM1 until at least 450 or more, and definiately shouldn't be in GM2 if you're not decked out in MW gear.  You're useless to your team before then and just make the whole thing unpleasant for everyone else in your team.  

Message 20 of 52 (178 Views)
Twitter Stream