The Beginning. 2020

by TheBeginning2020

Original Post

The Beginning. 2020

★★★ Newbie

Hello EA I was wondering if you could help myself and my team we have a game idea we have done a lot of work already but we thought together if we could present the idea to yourself. All we need to know is what information and items you would like for us to get in contact with you and for us to have a meeting or a skype call with you. Thank you very much for more information please contact myself via the inbox system on here or via my email address linked to my account or private phone number.

thank you

Message 1 of 8 (451 Views)

Re: The Beginning. 2020

EA DICE Team

@TheBeginning2020

Hi there,

At the moment we don't accept product ideas or game concepts from people outside of Electronic Arts. You can find more details in the following article:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-do-i-submit-my-idea-for-a-game/

Having said that, have you thought about going to game conferences such as E3, Gamescom and EA Play? If you're able to show off your game in the flesh then it will definitely increase your chances of getting someone interested.

In the meantime, I wish you and your team the best of luck with your game!

Cheers,

Message 2 of 8 (437 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello there tom,

We haven't thought about doing the gaming convention as we was under the impression you had to have a working game to do that, all we have at the moment was a story line and some designs so far we was hoping to do a video chat and just branch out to gaming companies to see if we could get them interested and if so what would we need to gain your help etc or what would we need raise or do for your interest to be perked.
Message 3 of 8 (425 Views)

EA DICE Team

@TheBeginning2020

It was just a suggestion on my end as well, as I'm not aware of how far along your game is.

My personal recommendation: make sure you have at least a working prototype of the game ready for when you approach other parties. Most companies have idea people, but they also need someone to work things out.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 8 (416 Views)

★★★ Newbie
When you say prototype how indepth would you suggest just grey outline characters or a fully working mission? Just so I have a rough idea
Message 5 of 8 (413 Views)

EA DICE Team

@TheBeginning2020

I want to clarify that I don't have personal experience with pitching or accepting a game idea, and that I'm also not in a position within EA where I would be dealing with such a situation.

However, you could compare your situation to how it works with a book publisher. If you're looking to get your book published, then you send a chapter to the publisher so they can read what it's about. If they are intrigued, then they will work with you so you can fully develop your initial idea.

So what does that mean in your situation? Your prototype would need to be able to show off enough of the game in order to draw in someones interest. Think about the pitch as creating an experience, which only story or artwork wouldn't do. The person that you're pitching it to would need to feel firsthand what your game will feel like when it's finished.

As to how and where you're going to pitch your idea - I will leave that up to your and your team.. :-)

Once again, good luck!

Message 6 of 8 (403 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you tom so much for your information, it was very appreciated
Message 7 of 8 (399 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@TheBeginning2020

If you're game gets out there one day then definitely let me know. I'm a big supporter of creativity.. :-)

Cheers,

Message 8 of 8 (397 Views)