The Balancing Logic of Apex Legends making the game not fun and un-skillful

by Leo_the_Lion25

Original Post

The Balancing Logic of Apex Legends making the game not fun and un-skillful

★★★ Pro

Low Profile nerf making leg shot damage a body shot was one of the worse things that happened to this game. Along with the sniper ammo nerf that no one complained about.

Both Lifeline and Wattson aren't hard to hit at all. They are super easy to hit. Both of these two legends need Low Profile removed from them a long time ago. Wattson only got it because she was hard to get to which is the stupidest reason to give a legend low profile. Wattson's fence only have 25 health, she takes 30 seconds for 1 single charge, ult is easy to grief and only has 150 health. People push wattson without a single thought about her fences. Hard to get too my butt.

Lifeline got it because she was one of the most picked and easiest Legend to learn during the start of Season 1 through 2. In fact, only one's that complained about lifeline were Wraith mains. Hard to sallow truth.

Lifeline also needs a rework since Gibby completely took her place in this game. The blue bin passive ain't nothing special at all. 

Wraith and Pathfinder both have issues. Wraith is super hard to hit because she so small and her leg hitbox is also still small. Compare Wraith's legs to Wattson and Lifeline and you will see what I mean. A Crouch spamming Wraith is still the hardest thing to aim at and she has an escape card. Pathfinder has two abilities that allows him to escape as well and they are both super low cooldowns. These two having low profile made sense more than anything unlike Wattson and Wraith.

Shoot, you guys gave Revenant Low Profile when he was new and he was super easy to aim at and kill. But you guys do listen and remove it. If you did that, remove it from Wattson and Lifeline.

You should be aiming at the legs to fast kill someone. I got PK in the legs as Wattson and instead of taking 88 which was Low Profile leg damage before the nerf. It is now a full blown 121 to the legs and body. Beyond stupid and unskillful.

Catering to the causal players far too much for this game. 

Sniper ammo was never problem with. World's Edge was meant for sniping and now that is thrown out the widow because people adapted. What was an issue was be limited to only 20 a stack. Most people only carried two sniper stacks which made it 40. It would have been nice if sniper ammo was adjusted to 15 a pickup and 30 a stack. Guess, what. You now have 60 with only two stacks and can keep that  Triple Take, Longbow, Sentinel, or Charge Rifle until the circle gets too small. Only then will a person switch weapons or they got pushed. 

Game is supposed to be fast paste with movement and dead slides is still an issue. Can even dodge bullets right because sliding not working as intended half of the time. Getting shot around corners and through doors still. You guys haven't fixed the grenade issues that been a problem at the very start of Season 4. For those that don't know, grenades don't show as equipped until you select it in your inventory. Another issue is the nades getting stuck in your hand after taking a zipline and throwing a nade. You need to manually switch to your weapon to get out of the glitch or you're a free target to shoot due to now weapon in your hands. 

SBMM also gotten worse. I'm getting paired with terrible bad players still and going against people triple stacking. The solution is simple. FORCE duo and triple stacks to face each other. You'll be surprise how many sweats are stacking. How you think they're getting 300-1000+ wins? A person that solo queues only the entire season will usually only get maybe 50-200 wins without stacking. Yet, we're being punished for not stacking with friends or other people with common game sense or game skill. 

There's so much more I can say that just tilts me off. Apex Legends can still be a good game. The people behind it and the 3rd party organization running scrims just making poor choices without thinking about the impact their decision will have on the loyal gamers and pros. 

And the store marketing and event items need to better support the fans of your game. Seeing Wraith and the R-301 get recolored and resold at 1800 coins was disrespectful to all the Season 1 owners of the battle pass. That was just an example. Have you even thought about player base when that decision was made? Most of us are just mind blown.

Please put some logic in the balancing of this game. 

I'm not even looking forward to reading the Season 5 patch notes. I know something will go wrong. Never fails. Patch one thing, break a million other things. 

Season 4 was in a perfect balance state. You were almost there. Just need to nerf the OP weapons like the PK's damage which you're too afraid to nerf. Already seen a tweet on Twitter that Havoc is going to be nerfed. Wither it was a joke or not, Havoc was perhaps one of the most balanced weapons throughout season 4. I'm lowkey sick of running R-99/PK (R-99 is balanced as of season 4 but people still run it).

Consider buffing other weapons such as the R-301. Terrible ammo and low damage. Make the ammo something like 20/22/26/30 and keep the 14 damage and it be better or keep the current 18/20/25/28 ammo with damage at 15. Anything, R-301 is garbage and only a small few will keep it or swap it out for a R99. 

Moz is trash because it 3 shots. A 4th shot and people would actually run hammerpoint with it more often. 

I don't know why I keep playing. This game is just too addicting and I keep coming back to it. But for the love of god, all I ask is consider your choices in balancing the game and legends. 

And no, I think he Wraith changes were fine. Changes like that only affected the pro scene with her portals. Plus, you guys finally fixed the big hitbox legends getting stuck in her ult through walls. 

But other legends should be looked at such as Octane, Mirage, Lifeline and even Wattson. Pathfinder needs a new passive but that is a another story. 

Message 1 of 2 (368 Views)

Re: The Balancing Logic of Apex Legends making the game not fun and un-skillful

★★★ Pro
@Leo_the_Lion25 Low profile was definitely a bad decision, fortified has a good reason for existing but low profile was added to help people with * aim feel like they aren't complete trash, hope they remove that or undo the recent buffs to it.

Ammo/med stack nerfs were also extremely unnecessary, people rarely use snipers already yet they go and make that weapon even less desirable by forcing players to use half their inventory on sniper ammo so they don't run dry five seconds into a fight..
Message 2 of 2 (328 Views)