Re: The Architects

by arthurh3535

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Architects

★ Guide

I just can't beat them, this isn't fun anymore. I was playing on Casual (I think it was? Next-but lowest), but I had to lower it. Not that it helps (difficulty setting doesn't work?). I don't remember exactly the level my character is, 30+ something. This is the seconds Architect I'm just quitting from. It's getting boring after 30 minutes fighting with no progress.

Is there any console command, or something, to get rid of them? I''m not bothering with this much longer. Enjoyed it so far (except the messy inventory, research and development stuff, pretty much as all the other ME games before, which I've also played btw).

Bonus question: How do I up my difficulty setting again? Menu items seems to be missing (not permitted perhaps?).

Message 1 of 9 (1,019 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

12.jpg

During gameplay (not in the main menu) you just pause the game and choose "Gameplay".

As for the Architects... probably pure biotic classes have the most difficulty defeating them because they dont have any ability that could effectively prime them for combo detonations. Backlash is effective if its using its cannon against you however.

For tech/combat its easier because you have more opportunity to set up and detonate explosions, not to mention you can debuff them with Invasion. It comes handy as not only reduces their damage but they take more damage as well. Heavy hitting weapons are the key, either Snipers - Black Widow, Isharay, Vanquisher or even the recently buffed Valiant, Shotguns - Dhan,Piranha or some AR's like Thokin,Valkyrie,Sandstorm are good alternatives as well. Combine them with incendiary/disruptor ammo and boom watch the fireworks as they can prime so you can detonate. You can tweak with the fire mods after 1.08 - so a full auto Hornet can be devastating to not leave the pistols out.

They are very easy in my opinion...though the one on Voeld can be boring as you cant afford to be on the open for long due to the hazard 

If you can afford create a new profile just for Architects maybe a secondary gear you can just switch for.

For example... im not really big a fan of the bio converter but in my Infiltrator playthrough i made an Isharay with biotic converter only for Architect fights. They were a joke after that...

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,085 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

12.jpg

During gameplay (not in the main menu) you just pause the game and choose "Gameplay".

As for the Architects... probably pure biotic classes have the most difficulty defeating them because they dont have any ability that could effectively prime them for combo detonations. Backlash is effective if its using its cannon against you however.

For tech/combat its easier because you have more opportunity to set up and detonate explosions, not to mention you can debuff them with Invasion. It comes handy as not only reduces their damage but they take more damage as well. Heavy hitting weapons are the key, either Snipers - Black Widow, Isharay, Vanquisher or even the recently buffed Valiant, Shotguns - Dhan,Piranha or some AR's like Thokin,Valkyrie,Sandstorm are good alternatives as well. Combine them with incendiary/disruptor ammo and boom watch the fireworks as they can prime so you can detonate. You can tweak with the fire mods after 1.08 - so a full auto Hornet can be devastating to not leave the pistols out.

They are very easy in my opinion...though the one on Voeld can be boring as you cant afford to be on the open for long due to the hazard 

If you can afford create a new profile just for Architects maybe a secondary gear you can just switch for.

For example... im not really big a fan of the bio converter but in my Infiltrator playthrough i made an Isharay with biotic converter only for Architect fights. They were a joke after that...

Message 2 of 9 (1,086 Views)

★★★ Pro

Aside from shifting the difficulty level, you could do some research on youtube on Strategies in fighting an architect, or how to buff up your weapon(there are some really mean oes around, some would regen your shields as you shoot, or you could have a shotgun that fires off homing rounds that ensures you rarely miss.)  

The way i did it was with my trusty sniper rifle and my tactical cloak.

Message 3 of 9 (981 Views)

★★ Guide

I found the easiest way to take out an architect is to make sure you point both your squad mates to attack it. When you tell your squad mate, is it called dpad?, to attack they deal more damage. Bring Jaal for his sniper. Vetra and Cora both seem to be good choices. Cora may not have a good weapon for long range but her boosting your shields help. I have also been playing around with weapons to use. The scorpion with it's sticky grenade makes it really easy to take out an architect.

Message 4 of 9 (976 Views)

Champion (Retired)

As well as what others have said remember not to be too far from it. The reason is the damage field it sends out in a V shape. By being close but still in cover you can quikly evade it. Evade sideways.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 9 (962 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks all, sounds like great tips here! Seems I will be bothering more after all Standard smile At least a little bit more.

Message 6 of 9 (944 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Just avoid the one on Voeld until you get the hang of killing these things, you will need to both fight the architect and contend with the freezing cold weather in Voeld.

Message 7 of 9 (931 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

Yeah, that's a total PITA.

Message 8 of 9 (923 Views)

★ Guide

Take the profile that gives you temporary invisibility while evading, and attack it from the rear. Every time you evade it throws the Architects aim out and it resets back to its "front". Combine with a sniper rifle + incendiary ammo to rattle off high damage shots that set you up for combo detonations.

What happens is that it aims at you, you evade, it turns away and shoots at thin air, you plug it in the legs. Rinse repeat.

Message 9 of 9 (911 Views)