Re: The 4th time my SBMM thread has been deleted

by DYSPROssium

Original Post

The 4th time my SBMM thread has been deleted

★★★★ Pro

For some reason, EA keeps removing threads that I make that discuss the aggressiveness and implications of the current strong SBMM. I’m not breaching any of the rules for the forum so I am confused as to why I keep getting deleted. 

I often criticize people for being “conspiratorial” but I literally have no defense left for the people that moderate this forum. I’m actually convinced that EA doesn’t want people to honestly hold conversations regarding the dynamics and parameters of SBMM. 

So I’m officially done. If this somehow remains up and doesn’t get deleted, let it serve as a reminder that people should NOT discuss facets of the gaming industry that negatively frame the publishers/developers. 

Message 1 of 10 (457 Views)

Hi @Axs5626Sxa5001 

I'm not EA, but I went through your post history on this forum and couldn't find 4 SBMM topics of you that are removed.

1. "Opponents were 6 Predators in Winter Express", which is not removed.

2. "SBMM ON WINTER EXPRESS. Really??", which is not removed.

3. "“Anti-recoil controllers are NOT cheating.”", which is not removed either.

Nor are any of your posts on other SBMM topics removed.

It seems like there was an AHQ bug with new posts, or you just made this up.

If you take 1 minute to look around on this forum, you will notice the massive amount of criticism on many different aspects of this game. Remember when the biggest season yet (S7) dropped and the only thing people talked about here was the change of the battle pass? Yea, indeed, no one is removing posts here to 'cover things up'. The point of this forum is literally to share experiences and concerns, and for the devs to gather feedback.

Message 2 of 10 (418 Views)

Hero
@DYSPROssium Some would rather create 30 posts for same exact topic.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 10 (404 Views)

★★★★ Guide

why do you keep making threads about the same thing? sbmm puts players of the same lvl together, what's wrong with that?

Message 4 of 10 (383 Views)

Champion

@NaRnIaaa  Does it though?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 10 (367 Views)

★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

@NaRnIaaa  Does it though?

Yes, it does generally. But it prioritizes match expediency over all out SBMM. So, if you play at peak hours it’s pretty good. But if you play in the wee hours of the morning, which I do fairly regularly, it often goes out the window for the sake of     starting a match. Also, the badges mean nothing. It’s bases your pool of opponents on your very recent performance. There’s not a lifetime performance category tier list  

Message 6 of 10 (358 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DarthVaapar   So when I play at peak times in my timezone, and I have a few strong performances in a row, and for the rest of the evening I get sub par teammates combined with tough opponents, thats just sbmm right?

This is why I'm skeptical of the whole system lol. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 10 (349 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag Same here. Any success at all and I'll end up with at least a few super teams in every lobby.
Message 8 of 10 (341 Views)

★★★ Pro

I'd rather have faster matchmaking over same-level players.

Message 9 of 10 (330 Views)

★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

@DarthVaapar   So when I play at peak times in my timezone, and I have a few strong performances in a row, and for the rest of the evening I get sub par teammates combined with tough opponents, thats just sbmm right?

This is why I'm skeptical of the whole system lol. Tongue out

Yeah. And I also think that the nature of BR’s add a significant problem to the whole idea of SBMM. In standard FPS’s SBMM can balance out over the course of a match much more successfully. In a BR, with only one life and a squad’s success based so heavily on the performance on each individual with that one life,, it’s near impossible to determine which is more at fault, The SBMM algorithm or the individuals. There is an overwhelming multitude of reasons why someone may not have been on their A-game on any single life. 

Message 10 of 10 (302 Views)