Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: The $20 price point from Walmart feels right.

by Alvanian

Original Post

The $20 price point from Walmart feels right.

★★★★★ Apprentice

So my disk just wouldn't reinstall my game after I deleted it and I bought the game again from Walmart for $20.

I'm speaking in game with a bunch of newbies who bought it on the cheap recently.  We're really not experiencing many bugs and the mission triggers all work.  The game still runs my PS4 too hot.

$20 - it's a good price point if you're starting now.

That being said, I skip through all the dialog with all the NPCs - because that is still all just pure trash.  Who writes that crap?  I mean seriously - it's the worst.

You still have to turn all the NPC dialog down to avoid high end headsets from freaking out.  But the missions at least work now.

No PvP still which means nothing to do at end-game and their content delivery moves in glacial time but if you buy now you could time the cataclysm just right and that would be ok.

It's a reasonable time to buy at the $20 price point.

Definitely don't fall for the $60 digital download trap.  That is downright theft.

Message 1 of 12 (398 Views)

★★ Guide

Not every game needs PvP 

Message 2 of 12 (389 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
You bought Anthem

Twice?
Message 3 of 12 (384 Views)

★★★ Guide

@TheReal_USA_MAGA wrote:

So my disk just wouldn't reinstall my game after I deleted it and I bought the game again from Walmart for $20.

I'm speaking in game with a bunch of newbies who bought it on the cheap recently.  We're really not experiencing many bugs and the mission triggers all work.  The game still runs my PS4 too hot.

$20 - it's a good price point if you're starting now.

That being said, I skip through all the dialog with all the NPCs - because that is still all just pure trash.  Who writes that crap?  I mean seriously - it's the worst.

You still have to turn all the NPC dialog down to avoid high end headsets from freaking out.  But the missions at least work now.

No PvP still which means nothing to do at end-game and their content delivery moves in glacial time but if you buy now you could time the cataclysm just right and that would be ok.

It's a reasonable time to buy at the $20 price point.

Definitely don't fall for the $60 digital download trap.  That is downright theft.

Hehe and I bet you are one of those people who complain about the game lacking any story to. I'm not against PvP being added but I also dont think anthem needs it. People cried for Warframe to have PvP and DE added it in but less then 5% of the player base actually play it. I think there are better things EA/Bioware can do for anthem then adding PvP.

Message 4 of 12 (380 Views)

★★★ Guide

Adding PVP has been talked into the ground. Games not designed for PVP from the start almost always suffer for it, needs to be designed from the ground up to be a hybrid PVE/PVP. Attempting to add either after the fact tends to fail to deliver, so it wastes time and resources that could go to added content, fixing issues, hell, even buying a little pony would be a better investment...IMHO

Message 5 of 12 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

If they did PvP I think it would have to be separate from the gear loot stuff of PvE.  I think Star Wars Battlefront series is really the successful model there.  They've actually increased that games player base over time based solely on PvP.

The Division and Warframe (which kinda sucks by the way) are definitely not great PvP examples - except the Dark Zone in the Division series - now that is amazing!

I doubt anyone can tolerate the slow pace of PvE development without having something else to do with Anthem.

PvP is a need for this game - not a want.  But at $20 for new folks - it could just be a truth that none of the folks at Biowsre would care about.   As in - for $20 they are getting their money's worth.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 12 (359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@TheReal_USA_MAGA wrote:

If they did PvP I think it would have to be separate from the gear loot stuff of PvE.  I think Star Wars Battlefront series is really the successful model there.  They've actually increased that games player base over time based solely on PvP.

The Division and Warframe (which kinda sucks by the way) are definitely not great PvP examples - except the Dark Zone in the Division series - now that is amazing!

I doubt anyone can tolerate the slow pace of PvE development without having something else to do with Anthem.

PvP is a need for this game - not a want.  But at $20 for new folks - it could just be a truth that none of the folks at Biowsre would care about.   As in - for $20 they are getting their money's worth.

Thanks.

Well saying warframe sucks is your opinion but it has been in or around steams top ten most played games for the past five years now....that's something the Division 1 (and 2 if it were on steam I'm sure) hasn't done. Hell I dont think the Division is even in the top 50 on steams charts anymore. Oh and PvP is a want by people like you....not a must have. Anthems bad launch is being used as a argument to have more single player games...which have no PvP at all in them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/6/24/18683652/single-player-games-as-...

Message 7 of 12 (348 Views)

Champion

Why do you want PvP added to this game? Literally the only thing you seem to like about it is the fact there are power armors. You hate the NPCs, you hate the co-op PvE aspect of it, you don’t really care about the lore or the story. You basically hate everything this game does well. But you want them to redesign this game from scratch to be something completely different from what it was meant to be. Why not just find another game that does what you want?

@TheReal_USA_MAGA wrote:

PvP is a “do not want” for nine people out of ten. What makes your opinion ten times more important than everyone else’s?

And personally, I’m “tolerating” the pace of PvE development just fine. The game is fun to jump back into every once in a while, and I have other things to do while waiting for more story content to drop (including other games, since it’s still not illegal to play more than one game). Some people complain about not getting more content sooner, but some people will always complain. It’s not like PvP people never complain about anything.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 8 of 12 (346 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@TheReal_USA_MAGA Why in the world would you buy the game a second time only to complain about literally the exact same things that made you go from fanboy to critic in the first place? This makes absolutely no sense. Where in the world is the logic in that?
Message 9 of 12 (252 Views)

★★ Guide

@limaRobotl wrote:
@TheReal_USA_MAGAWhy in the world would you buy the game a second time only to complain about literally the exact same things that made you go from fanboy to critic in the first place? This makes absolutely no sense. Where in the world is the logic in that?

No logic, just MAGA magic

Beer

Message 10 of 12 (235 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help