Re: Thanks for ruining Chomper!

by LethalGorilla

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

@EA_Lanna wrote:
Hi @spIash_damage, sure thing. Standard smile I've passed this thread on.

😊🙏

Message 21 of 37 (927 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I really do agree. The way that he plays is very confusing. Do I play as an assassin and go chomp people from behind? Do I play as a team player and just set traps and use burrow to get away? 

If I play as an assassin then I literally die every time I chomp someone. Standing still for a full 5 seconds ( or it feels like 5 seconds)after your chomp someone is a death sentence and I dont get a chomp kill without being killed myself..not joking.

If I play as a team player I feel very lackluster and when my traps do actually trap someone it's nice but I'm just really confused on how to play him.

We all have opinions but mine are either make him more viable in his killing potential or make him more viable as a supporter role for the team.

Perhaps we could take the "standing still" effect away completely after he gets a chomp kill and raise the cooldown significantly to balance, or maybe we should make his range attacks shoot faster or give him a movement ability so that he can get into melee range more effectively. 

Just my opinions. Enjoy y'alls dayStandard smile

Message 22 of 37 (872 Views)

★★★ Guide

I played a game as a maxed hot rod chomper in GW2 yesterday, for comparison. Now I remember why I loved playing chomper so much! He was beastly, probably overpowered, but a heap of fun to play.

Then I played a game as chomper in BFN, and everything felt off. Due to how audible the burrow is now, zombies would scatter well before I reached them, and I could only sneak up on zombies who were focussed on another plant.

Message 23 of 37 (867 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How about actually play a character that requires aiming and some skill?

Your problem would be solved but... its obvious why you don't do that.

Message 24 of 37 (863 Views)

★★★ Guide
@LethalGorilla Condescending much? Why do you assume that players who enjoy the chomper are incapable of playing any other character skillfully?
Message 25 of 37 (856 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LethalGorilla wrote:

How about actually play a character that requires aiming and some skill?

Your problem would be solved but... its obvious why you don't do that.

No reason to be the fun police.

When I stop having fun, I’ll put the stix down.  Just because you don’t like a character, doesn’t mean it doesn’t take skill or people who main said character can’t play other characters.

I LOVE Chomper (of old; not BfN at all) and I’m happy to play as any character any time.

Are you on PS4?  I’d love to game against you and witness your skill? 😊👍

Message 26 of 37 (826 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I seriously can’t believe there’s a post complaining about Chomper not being cheap enough. We’re not complaining about Rose being a joke. We’re not complaint about Butter Beacon being useless. We’re complaining about Chomper not being as cheap as possible. 

Chomper IMO shouldn’t even have an Instant kill, Chomper completely ruins the game since the very beginning. If you can’t get kills with the CHEAPEST character in the whole game, you’re just bad. And if you’re playing Chomper you’re already a really bad player. 

Chomper hits for 20 damage per bite, can use borrow to engage or disengage, has a pretty big AOE that does damage slows and doesn’t let people use abilities when effected by it. Chomper does NOT need anymore cheapness than it already has. This post is literally a joke and so is anyone that agrees with it. Honestly, git gud is all I can say.

complaining about Chomper not being as cheap as the other games. Big clown op.

Message 27 of 37 (812 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Dyomedus   ... just because many people play a character a certain way doesn’t mean we all do.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Taco-Panic-CTT-Tips/m-p/8058224#M34970

That’s an example of how to win a game mode with the old Chomper that has nothing to do with suiciding.

Not trying to be rude but many of us who enjoyed Chomper couldn’t stand the same things those who didn’t enjoy him couldn’t stand.

I like his old goop and spikeweed deployment.  I wouldn’t been fine with a delay in spikeweed activation as I didn’t use it to be cheap.  I also would’ve LOVED the option to turn off swallow-chomps altogether.  I only used burrow to navigate maps quicker.

Making Chomper (melee) SHOOT is not cool to loyal fans of his old playstyle.  

Hope that makes sense even if you disagree?

I couldn’t stand suicide Chompers either but can’t stand him in BfN.

Message 28 of 37 (797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@spIash_damage No, none of you complaining about a ranged attack make any sense at all.

“You gave my favorite character a ranged attack, something it was lacking in very badly in every other game therefore making it more versatile and viable in more situations? HOW DARE YOU!!”

It’s an improvement and it hits hard. I didn’t say anything about suicide Chompers. Chomper in general is a cheap POS character that should’ve just been deleted and replaced with Snapdragon. It doesn’t matter if you die after getting a kill or escape the point is it’s a INSTANT KILL that DOES NOT allow you get be revived and it’s way too quick of an animation to be saved on top of that, it’s one of the worst abilities in the game for the simple fact that Latency causes the Chomper to appear 800 feet in the air to eat a zombie then teleports back to the ground.

Chomper should've just been completely scrapped. The ranged attack is an improvement. You want to complain about a character? Complain about Knight cap still hitting for 13 damage per hit, still instantly killing every zombie except All Star with Fung fu, still having no damage drop off for hitting people across the map with 13 damage, still being able to almost instantly vanish, still having pretty quick projectile speed at long distances because none of the nerfs did anything at all. Don’t complain about cheap characters getting additional attacks to make them more viable.

Message 29 of 37 (792 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Dyomedus I'm not going to get into the chomper debate. I've said my bit. I had some positive things to say about chomper's new playstyle and I had some negative things to say. But please consider being more polite. Calling someone an "idiot" or a "really bad player" is rude and uncalled for. Ad hominem attacks reduce the conversation to namecalling, which is pointless unless your goal is to pick a fight. This thread was perfectly civil until today.
Message 30 of 37 (784 Views)