Thanks for driving my friends away from your game.

by RipjawsAU-TTV

Original Post

Thanks for driving my friends away from your game.

★ Guide

Because of your stupid SBMM my friends decided to stop playing this game and they are now playing overwatch. They do not enjoy playing this game because of your SBMM , they join my party and they are thrown into diamond pred lobbys and we stand no chance. I was looking forward to this season but it has been nothing but a sesspool since its started. I honestly have never seen a company try and destroy their own creation as fast as what you are doing. Honestly how you can implement such a poor SBMM system in your game is embarrassing. You arnt retaining players , you are losing them. Also those thousands of extra accounts being created are SMURFS. 

This game is not even casual friendly since that is your target demographic right ? You want new players to experience the game with people as skilled as they are right ? So why the hell do you put a lvl 5 with people that are lvl 300+ ? Why do you put these new players with diamonds and predators...Im sure they are having a great time getting destroyed as soon as they hit the ground. Oh but let me guess, you expect us to hold their hands right ...carry them to a win. Do you really think your player base will do that ? No! , a Majority of them die and then they INSTA LEAVE. 

You are ruining your game for veterans and new comers. Good job.

But as usual im waisting my time because you dont watch these forums, you are too busy creating Mozambique memes or responding to stupid apex cartoon drawings on twitter. Seriously the amount of money that you make off this game ...wtf are you doing with it ? This game gets worse and worse every season. You cant even fix simple bugs like the over bearing muzzle flash , or i dunno..the garbage hit registration..

Do you test your game before you launch it ? Who's idea was it to put the Lstar in the game and basically give it an infinite amount of ammo with no reload time except the overheating mechanic which is barely even there.

Why would you remove the arc star strat ? It was a good stategy but you removed it because why ? You dont like creative strats ? Did one of you devs get rolled by the arc star strat ? Who thought it would be a great idea to buff gibi to the point where Lifeline is no longer viable....why would you only balance bloodhound ? What about octane..mirage...srsly WTF are you doing over there ? Do you just sit in your dojo and play hot potato and decide how you are going to mess up your game even more ? I see no drive or commitment to running a good game here. You make a bunch of idiotic decisions and you just expect everyone to deal with it and when you finally address it you end up just making it worse lol..

How is the hell is it possible to make this game worse and worse every season ? That is what i would like to know. I have put over 2k hours into this game and i have put up with allot of BS but this season is by far the worst. You drove my friends away and im mad af at you for it. 

Message 1 of 21 (2,393 Views)

Re: Thanks for driving my friends away from your game.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I assume you were playing normal mode. What your level and your friends level ?  

After level 20, they're graduated from noobs lobby and go into wild west lobby where all level are combined together.

It could be a shock and steep learning curve but that's how you could get better by learning from much better player.

I observed in normal mode, SBMM is adjusting based on your previous performance.

- If you play sucks (die fast with no damage or minimum damage), next game play ussually in lower performance lobby.

- If you won / high damage, you go into higher performance lobby.

It's a like GRE adaptive test, if you know about it.

Apex is the most high pace FPS game, it take a lot of time and a lot of deaths to get better.

I've been playing for 1 year and still suck but I keep going, called me a bot or stubborn person, that's ok.

Message 2 of 21 (2,374 Views)

[ Edited ]

@RipjawsAU-TTVRead the Stats on SBMM, it greatly improves player retention with 80-90% of the player base. It only makes things harder for the top 10% or so.

I have some friends that don’t like SBMM. But I have even more friends who are playing apex more frequently because of SBMM.

I’ve run into the same issue you have. I have some friends I can’t play with because they struggle in the lobbies I’m frequently in. But I still think SBMM is good for the game.it gives all players an area they can be competitive in.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 21 (2,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Dunno where You guys have that World which is giving ale players chances to be competetive in. Playing game almost year and never seen so broken opponents queuing stuff. Im at lvl 180 now, playing with 2 friends from game started. From 3 days we are dropped ONLY with Diamonds and Predators all the Time. Its really great and fun when we are destroyed as 20-17 team all the Time. Great job devs.

Message 4 of 21 (2,347 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@RipjawsAU-TTV If this is true (yeah I don't believe you because you are an anti-sbmm fanatic) then, and I am sorry I have to tell you this, your friends are idiots.
Overwatch has sbmm and a terrible one too. Most of the time it is impossible to win or easy stomp.
Message 5 of 21 (2,318 Views)

★★★★ Guide

"the game is bad but i can't stop playing, i'm too addicted" topic

Message 6 of 21 (2,315 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@p9maverick Not true as you state it. If it was true, your getting destroyed all the time would lower your sbmm and you would then be playing with more equally skilled players. The system you are complaining about would eventually help you. It does not keep you artificially high up the list. Lose enough and drop down. Win enough and it gets harder. Try again.
Message 7 of 21 (2,298 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@RipjawsAU-TTV Like other people have mentioned in this post, SBMM adjusts based on your recent gameplay. So if you and your buddies have a terrible game, or two, or three... You will start getting into easier and easier lobbies.
Message 8 of 21 (2,296 Views)

★ Guide
@budzai i could care less if you believe me or not, also if my friends are idiots because they went back to overwatch rather than playing apex and if what you are saying is true about their SBMM atleast it must be better than this garbage we have here. I dont play overwatch so i wouldnt know but its obviously clear that they prefer their SBMM system over this one. Then again Overwatch is ran by blizzard who actually i dunno..do something about cheaters, and problems plaguing their games..(pretend warcraft reforged incident didn't happen)

@DarthValtrex Look, i understand there has to be a form of skill balancing in matches. SBMM was in this game since the start, but it was based off a different system. Correct me if im wrong but i believe it was on your connection quality, i could be wrong there.

I dont have a problem with SBMM if its actually implemented into a game properly. I never saw complaints on these forums back when it was season 1,2 and mid season 3. After the duos event everything changed and it has gone downhill ever since.

The only complaints i saw on the forums were regarding bad servers and cheaters.
Message 9 of 21 (2,228 Views)

★ Guide
@NaRnIaaa Thank you for your constructive input. You have made this thread allot better with your wanted presence. Your input will be taken on board since i highly value it. Actually im just kidding , gtfo if you dont have anything constructive to say or are you that bored that you cant resist but act like a tool instead of i dunno...do what everyone else has done here so far..and actually give some sort of proper input. Even the dude that said my friends were idiots added some form of input that wasn't just some random uneducated garbage response as what you have presented here.

Anyways I hope your day goes well Standard smile I really do.
Message 10 of 21 (2,225 Views)