Re: Thankful msg and reward after you report hacker?

by BaldWraithSimp

Original Post

Thankful msg and reward after you report hacker?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I think apex legends should add option when you report hacker and the system BAN him, you to get thankful message for that action and something like reward. This thankful message you can see in CS:GO if your report is true they got him. At least, like that, you will know that you was right for that person and for your effort to watch him, to get something like reward.  Despite the fact you don't need to watch some people, when they are obivously hackers... i really like those that found me right away after i hide. 

Message 1 of 8 (414 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@GodlyVlad Great idea but respawn doesn't ban hackers soooooo
Message 2 of 8 (399 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Abyssloli I concur, tho really good idea OP. Who knows, maybe when they start banning more consistently they’ll implement something like this.

But likely not...
Message 3 of 8 (381 Views)

@GodlyVlad I don't know why EA/Respawn does not inform us when we have reported someone and they get banned. Perhaps it's to avoid potential harassment of people? Perhaps there are legal issues involved with doing this? What ever the reason, I'm sure it's justified.

It would be sort of nice if they just gave generalized Thank You for the report. I think that would be best.

For what its worth I know EA takes cheating seriously. They make it really clear they want to provide a fun, fair competitive environment for everyone.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 8 (356 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Valorant sends you a notification when someone you reported is banned(if you are in the game client at that time). It's still being worked on so more improvements. So no, there are no legal issues, just laziness. Like how we still don't have real-time ping/packet loss indicator or in-game FPS counter.
Oh yeah, completely justified.
Message 5 of 8 (334 Views)

Hero
@DarthValtrex Most games keep it 100% hidden for few reasons. As a exploit team person myself for some time imo this is done because if said cheaters all get together via same website same discord then all can conversate on what they was using at the time. They then make new accounts running each cheat 1 by 1 until the ban hits which tells them which of their plugins or what ever they use needs updated to bypass the system again.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 8 (319 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Some games even like mine only do bans every 6 months or so. I let the players built up their toons while my logs are gathering information of what has tripped what. Then in 6 months i go on a ban hammer hitting everyone hard after all the hours they put in. I do this mainly because its a kick in the nuts to the player who invested 6 hours a day or more on progressing their toons. This also scares many people to stop using these programs as my logs will detect them and you wont know when ill just hit that ban hammer meaning all droppables on said account i dont give them enough time to off load to a mule etc. What this company needs to do is enact the fear of you dont know when but it will come and you have wasted your time on this game to just be banned. 

Or other way i mentioned to them few times now is patch every 24 hours never give a exact time when it will happen always spoof the time frames when its done. Dont show the hotfix patches they put in to players to even know a update has been done or to what section of the database. When doing this the update should be changing the offsets of the source code and allow you to make their jobs quite hard rebuilding their compiles due to offsets being changed. After a while players will no longer buy these cheats because they will only be usable for around 6-12 hours a day by time they rebuild their compile. The offset changes will require them to rebuild the compile every single day where players will just say why am i paying this much to only be able to use them for 6-12 hours a day with lots of downtime of not being able to use. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 8 (318 Views)

@BaldWraithSimp honestly as much as I would love this... i would rather energy and resources be used on actually combating cheating.. rather then some message that makes us feel good.

Plus when I’ve bumped into people who team or run a strike pack.. i’m annoyed for about 30 seconds. Then I think meh, I’m so good at this game they have to cheat to be competitive and have fun and I move on. Few moments later I can’t even remember who they were.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 8 (282 Views)