Thank you ping system broken?!

by Grosser6111

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Thank you ping system broken?!

★ Novice

I have no clue what's changed but since new season everything is fine other than the fact that when someone thanks me for pinging something for them I can't say thanks back. The icon pops up promoting me but it's like a little error symbol (imagine a 'no smoking' type symbol) where the bound key should be displayed. I've looked over my keybinds twice now and can't see anything specific to a thank you key and it worked as intended for the first 2 seasons so I'm really stumped. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks guys, much appreciated. 

Message 2 of 6 (701 Views)

Accepted Solution

The "Thank you" keybind doesn't exist.

★★★ Novice

So, when season 1-2 was around, you could've changed the "Thank you" keybind, by changing the "Toggle shield (Gibraltar)" bind, and when season 3 came around, i can't find that option anywhere, and it disabled my thank key completely, because there is a new keybind option that is set to B by default (can't remember the name of the bind). It's kind of frustrating getting gifted an item, but not being able to thank the person who gifted it. If anyone know's if there is a way to bind the action, then could i know about it? And if the option simply doesn't exist, i really wish that the devs would see this post, and would be able to fix this in a patch! Thank you!

View in thread

Message 1 of 6 (820 Views)

All Replies

The "Thank you" keybind doesn't exist.

★★★ Novice

So, when season 1-2 was around, you could've changed the "Thank you" keybind, by changing the "Toggle shield (Gibraltar)" bind, and when season 3 came around, i can't find that option anywhere, and it disabled my thank key completely, because there is a new keybind option that is set to B by default (can't remember the name of the bind). It's kind of frustrating getting gifted an item, but not being able to thank the person who gifted it. If anyone know's if there is a way to bind the action, then could i know about it? And if the option simply doesn't exist, i really wish that the devs would see this post, and would be able to fix this in a patch! Thank you!

Message 1 of 6 (821 Views)

Re: The "Thank you" keybind doesn't exist.

★★★ Newbie

Got the same problem, i also have a challenge to say thank you 3 times in a match Frown

Message 3 of 6 (685 Views)

Re: Thank you ping system broken?!

★★★★★ Apprentice

You need to set "Open Quip Wheel" under "Mouse/Keyboard => Communication"

It took me 2 days to find this...

Message 4 of 6 (675 Views)

@eben0 is correct here! 

Respawn added the new functionality (which I am loving as a Mirage), meaning that a new keybind must be created. Please check the settings -> mouse/keyboard and see where "Open Quip Wheel" is mapped to. Even if something is filled in, try to remove it once and add it again. It will probably work then!

Good luck!

Message 5 of 6 (665 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks to all who posted responses, you've all played a contributing role to me fixing this irritating or problem. Thank you. 

Message 6 of 6 (601 Views)