by Aedensin

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Text chat is absolutely required.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Banfilidh wrote:

> required

[Fezzik]people keep using this word. I don’t think it means what they think it means.

hopefully it gets added. Though I think a ping system would be more useful in many ways.

They think they are adding weight to their argument when in reality they are undermining it. The same with the use of "absolutely". But you are probably right and they saw someone else use it and they thought it looked cool so decided to throw it in without knowing where it would be applicable.

I personally don't think text chat is needed at all.

Message 21 of 30 (184 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I just wasted an hour in Tyrant mine with 3 other people who literally did not know to shoot the big electric balls of death when you're supposed to stand on the platform, they just keep flipping around and getting electrocuted then exploded by bugs. I made it a point to let all 3 of them stay dead so they watched me as I sat there hovering and shooting the electric balls, but soon as I revived them they just flipped around and repeated over and over

Message 22 of 30 (179 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@Arsenic_Touch  Division 2 has text chat, so I highly doubt Anthem has no chat function over the new USA law. 

Seeing some reviews and people comments I rather think Anthem was made to become a singleplayer game but being forced by EA to become a Multiplayer. And now they have to think of a way to implend a text chat into their engine. 

These types of game should have text chat or at least other ways to communicate like highlight priority and second targets or an Apex system. 

Message 23 of 30 (179 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@PurpleHairMcgoo nonsense, Division 2 has a text chat function and will be released in few weeks.

Why would there be a text to speech function in the first place? A deaf person still can't hear it, and a blind person can't play.

Someone without limbs can't play the game at all, so yea.
Message 24 of 30 (176 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
One good way around the "Yo mamma" problem would be to have some canned responses and you have to pick one. "Thanks!", "Over here!", "Grab the shiny balls!" etc. I would definitely like a formal way to say thank you to people who rez me or otherwise save my *.
Message 25 of 30 (166 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@ScarRafiki wrote:
@PurpleHairMcgoononsense, Division 2 has a text chat function and will be released in few weeks.

Why would there be a text to speech function in the first place? A deaf person still can't hear it, and a blind person can't play.

Someone without limbs can't play the game at all, so yea.

Blind people can indeed play (especially considering that "blind" means 20/200 vision or less, not zero vision), and someone without limbs can play too. I can explain how if you're interested, or you could take my word for it or google it.

And the legislation also covers people who are deaf; specifically voice chat is required to have a mode that works for people who can't hear.

Message 26 of 30 (141 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

yes please. I have a mic but not everyone does, voice chat shouldn't be mandatory in a pc game.

Message 27 of 30 (134 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

This at the veryyyyyy least. It's pretty frustrating not being able to ping or speak to your freeplay group at all without VOIP.

Message 28 of 30 (122 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

in game text chat is critical to team coordination and accessibility. Even when grouping with my friends using the origin chat if very awkward and difficult and cuts into the game experience. I hope they have this planned for enhancement backlog.. please!!!

Message 29 of 30 (103 Views)
Highlighted

Anonymous

Would really love to have text chat finally on PC.

Message 30 of 30 (99 Views)
Twitter Stream