Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Text chat is absolutely required.

by kjeevah

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Pro

> required

[Fezzik]people keep using this word. I don’t think it means what they think it means.

hopefully it gets added. Though I think a ping system would be more useful in many ways.

Message 11 of 30 (254 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
I would also like a text chat to get some hints from better players on how to improve or ask for advice. Sure, some would use it to throw insults around, but who cares.
Message 12 of 30 (244 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

@Dufrense wrote:
I would also like a text chat to get some hints from better players on how to improve or ask for advice. Sure, some would use it to throw insults around, but who cares.

I daresay the players being insulted obviously, and the players doing the insulting or they wouldn't bother, you can get the info you need via the forums, so I retort "who cares"?

Message 13 of 30 (238 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I have been playing Destiny for years with no text chat.

I have completed Strikes, Iron Banner, Prison Of Elders, Court Of Oryx, Quest Missions and Hard Mode Raids without any form of communication what so ever.

Why exactly is text chat so absolutely necessary?

So the people that NO ONE wants to listen to can spam messages instead of simply playing the game and having fun.......

Message 14 of 30 (234 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Most of the time text chat is used to troll/insult other players. Or tell them how bad they are at the game and should go kill themselves.

Couldn't care less about text chat.

Message 15 of 30 (234 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Id rather see a Ping/Waypoint system put in the Open Game World. Things move too fast to type.

Chat should be reserved for the Launch bay

Message 16 of 30 (212 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

I can agree that the game should have voice as well as text chat.  This is all a mess thanks to.. guess who?  The meme... "Thanks Obama!"   Its a law passed with good intentions, but of course was done very poorly..   Personally I turn off all forms of out side communications.. dont want to hear randoms rambling about crap or blaring there music, and if able I disable text to avoid all the rude and crude jokes or nonesense.   But for those who do want it, it should be made available. 

Message 17 of 30 (201 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Unless they can fix their audio issues a text chat option has to be introduced.

Message 18 of 30 (194 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@Loki_Deezie wrote:

Most of the time text chat is used to troll/insult other players. Or tell them how bad they are at the game and should go kill themselves.

Couldn't care less about text chat.

Much like voice chat?

Message 19 of 30 (170 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@IFoxxian wrote:

I can agree that the game should have voice as well as text chat.  This is all a mess thanks to.. guess who?  The meme... "Thanks Obama!"   

Presidents don't make laws. ADA was signed in though broad bipartisan support in 1990, under the Bush administration. CVAA is an update to a couple of areas of ADA, and was signed in again through broad bipartisan support under the Obama administration. It isn't a partisan political issue.

Message 20 of 30 (167 Views)
Twitter Stream