Re: Temporary Ban For Quitting Early

by RockDokRock

Original Post

Temporary Ban For Quitting Early

★★ Apprentice

I like this idea in ranked.  It could be better though.  Just from what I noticed.

1.  If someone quits before you get to Jumpmaster and there are two of you left, you can quit with no Temp Ban.  Two people are still better then one, you should fix it to where if your the only one left or your banner has run out of time then you can quit.

2.  Ten minutes isn't long enough.  I know it gets increasingly longer depending on how often you quit but it should be like a starting point of 20 minutes or 30 minutes, let people know if your gonna be serious join ranked, if not join trios and duos unranked to have fun instead.

3.  Some people get mad and just stand there or die on purpose away from teammates so their banner will run out and not be able to obtain.  I'm not sure how there can be a fix to this but its a pretty low blow.

Some people forget this is a game.  I'm not that great, I retired from the Army about seven months ago and I'm trying to get into games and relax while taking care of my children when they aren't in school or doing activities since I wasn't able to be around when they were younger.  I get on to have fun but also to get better but I do not take the game seriously in any concept of the matter.  Alas, we can't get better unless we play, and when we play its gonna take time for us and some losses to get better and find the niche we need to get better and play the game more competitively.  I'm trying to get more competitive but that will not change the fact that no matter how much better or worse I get I'm simply playing for fun.  I'd say to the more try hards out there try to relax and help us out instead of getting mad and raging or quitting.  I know it sucks losing a match, I know it sucks when someone isn't playing great.  I do not take pleasure in missing a shot or going down fast because I choked or wasn't good enough and let the team down.  I am trying to get better as all who are like me are, and I would just suggest more understanding vs insults and brags would be more beneficial and might make ranked a little more sturdy in the process.

Message 1 of 5 (333 Views)

★★★ Pro

@wOAxelOw Love your post (totally agree about different skill levels).  Hate the leaving penalty and is the reason I don't bother with ranked unless it's a full pre-made squad which never happens.

I have been left on my own or un "respawnable" on many occasions due to toxic team mates and was tired of being the one "punished" for "ruining their experience".  Screw that.

- DR

Message 2 of 5 (281 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, and getting a 10 minute penalty for abandoning when the game errors you 3 times in a row really sux too Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@WargasmatronFBYea, I hear that. I hope

they can make a fix for that for when they do future buggy updates I know its been D\C central lately.

Message 4 of 5 (227 Views)

★★★ Pro

@WargasmatronFB Ouch.  That's harsh.  Sounds like it's been a common problem for people. Solution -> Don't play Ranked!

- DR

Message 5 of 5 (209 Views)