Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Temple Of Scar Stronghold - People leaving after the second chest.

by Indigoh

Original Post

Re: Temple Of Scar Stronghold - People leaving after the second chest.

★★★ Apprentice

The same people that cry there isn't enough content probably don't even play all the content available, because they can't seem to find a legendary. They want one to drop every time from a boss. They are entitled babies that shouldn't have ever bought the game. Now that they own it, and aren't handed the best god rolls in the game, after only 100 hours or so, they come to the forums to cry like a little * (female dog). Whimpering and whining the whole time, how the loot is terrible because they didn't get exactly what they wanted.

The new Stronghold will come out, people will come back, then it will be the same issue. People crying how the new content was boring, have done the run maybe 10 times, MAYBE 10 times, Then come back to the forums and cry about the loot again. Then they will say the content is crap, only played about half of it, didn't do the boss once, because "muh legendary item farm speed is teh suxor".

Those same people even after they geared a character STILL wouldn't play any content, because HEH, THIS GAMES TOO EZ. NEXT. You see, you can't win with the whine give me everything mentality. Work for your gear, and enjoy the game while doing it. Not, GIVE ME LEGENDARY NOW AND I PROMISE ILL PLAY!

I just don't get it, at all.

Message 11 of 20 (163 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@H4rperBlue wrote:

Ran into this today. I was playing heart of rage GM2 and after the 2nd chest my team stood around and then disappeared. I naively thought they were disconnected. I gamely played on, expecting that they would be back.. then hoped that someone would quick join... guys? guys?. LOL. 20m later it's still me and the Monitor and we have a very dull stalemate going on.

This was a real downer of an experience.

Ya well with the 15 minute lock out I feel this is going to end up being more and more of a problem.

Message 12 of 20 (154 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So chest chaser farming can be an issue... we've all seen this. A solution would be to simply add a "Boss Chest". The loot can be balanced to still see a dying boss spew out some rewards but then add a gleaming, glittering boss chest with a vertical beam of light near his corpse and add some further excitement to incentivize players to finish the run.

Moths to a flame! Standard smile

Message 13 of 20 (148 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Because it came up at the top of search, for people leaving strongholds. Seems like the obvious reason...

Message 14 of 20 (141 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@VILE_INFECTION wrote:

The same people that cry there isn't enough content probably don't even play all the content available, because they can't seem to find a legendary. They want one to drop every time from a boss. They are entitled babies that shouldn't have ever bought the game. Now that they own it, and aren't handed the best god rolls in the game, after only 100 hours or so, they come to the forums to cry like a little * (female dog). Whimpering and whining the whole time, how the loot is terrible because they didn't get exactly what they wanted.

The new Stronghold will come out, people will come back, then it will be the same issue. People crying how the new content was boring, have done the run maybe 10 times, MAYBE 10 times, Then come back to the forums and cry about the loot again. Then they will say the content is crap, only played about half of it, didn't do the boss once, because "muh legendary item farm speed is teh suxor".

Those same people even after they geared a character STILL wouldn't play any content, because HEH, THIS GAMES TOO EZ. NEXT. You see, you can't win with the whine give me everything mentality. Work for your gear, and enjoy the game while doing it. Not, GIVE ME LEGENDARY NOW AND I PROMISE ILL PLAY!

Lol, my guess is you haven't played enough yet.

I used to wonder why people kept whining about the loot as well.  Of course legendaries are very rare, which I thought was fair enough because they are endgame loot.  Getting 1 or 2 in a day might seem awesome when you're not decked out in legenaries, even 1 or 2 a week might seem great because most of the drops are useful to you when you first start getting them.

The problem is that once you've farmed the same stronghold over 100 times (which I've pretty much done with all 3 of them, probably twice that for Tyrant Mine) it's SO BORING, and if you don't get any legendaries at all for a day, or two days, or even a week, you start to ask yourself.... "Why the hell do I bother?"

Worse still, you end up finally getting a legenary, and it's got really crappy rolls that don't even relate to the item itself, or it's a duplicate with worse stats than what you have.

Now you've wasted a week, doing the exact same thing over and over and over and over and over.....  for abslutely zero reward.

I agree there are some entitled whiners out there, who complaing about not getting loot off every boss.  I think they're idiots too.

But I think the majority of people unhappy with the loot system are others who like me, have spent countless hours and hundreds of stronghold runs trying to find just a single upgrade, with no result.  That will happen to you too, just give it time.

Message 15 of 20 (125 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Indigoh wrote:

Please make it so loot is kept after finishing the stronghold not before.

Everyone keeps leaving and its really annoying. After the first 2 chests they just leave. Cant even get to the end boss cause of this.

Really need a harsh punishment for loot in the stronghold. Loose everything if you quit, keep it only if you finish it.

I don't think that's a good solution to be honest.

I get it, but I think it would be a much better idea to increase the legendary loot chances for stronghold bosses, so that killing them is more likely to be a good investment of time.

Right now, you don't get a return for your time killing those bosses.  They take ages to kill, and usually drop garbage.  So people just don't do that anymore.

The issue is not with the players, it's with the loot system.

Message 16 of 20 (124 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I dunno if those quitters don't care about the 150 Points for completing a stronghold for the Champion of Tarsis challenge, i dunno if you get points for partially playing it, if that's so that would have to be taken out then.

Message 17 of 20 (91 Views)

Champion

@SatheA wrote:

I dunno if those quitters don't care about the 150 Points for completing a stronghold for the Champion of Tarsis challenge, i dunno if you get points for partially playing it, if that's so that would have to be taken out then.

My thoughts.

I actually profit from the situation by doing a lot of SH Quickplays that get me into HoR and ToS close to the endboss.

Quick 150 points.

Afaik you don't get points for leaving early.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 18 of 20 (85 Views)

★★ Guide

The players should not be punished for the bad game design and the fact that fighting the final boss in the stronghold is not worth the effort and time required to defeat it is definitely a bad game design. Elysian chests did not improve anything as their content is not worth defeating the boss either.

Personally, I am not playing neither the Tyrant Mine nor the Temple of Scar strongholds much. I complete them once or twice a week each and I have not seen players leaving them after the second chest in a while on GM2 difficulty.

As for HoR I'd say that there are plenty of players who complete it on GM2 difficulty by defeating the Monitor as it does not require much time to kill the Monitor on GM2 difficulty in a good team or with 1 or 2 good players.

However, if we speak of HoR on GM3 difficulty then almost all players leave it after the second chest. There is definitely very little sense in defeating the Monitor on GM3 difficulty. I did it just three times out of many times I played HoR for fun to see how hard is to defeat the Monitor on GM3. With a good team you can get to the second chest in 12-15 minutes, while with randoms it takes about 20-30 minutes. The Monitor fight is going to take another 20-40 minutes, if the squad is defeated then the Monitor fight restarts from the very beginning. You can get to the second chest twice in time required to defeat the Monitor. Obviously, the chances of getting a legendary are much higher on your way to the second chests comparing to the drops from the Monitor.

In addition to that, there are plenty of players who are playing GM3 strongholds just to be carried by other players. What is the fun of playing the game when other players wait in the begging of the area and wait while you kill all the enemies in the area and they can collect loot from the killed mobs and from the chests? And if you go to the boss fight you will have to do all the job with no help from these players. In this case the boss fight will take a lot of time and effort and for what reason? To have a little chance of getting a legendary item with a high chance of being useless?

Power level restrictions are not going to solve the issue, I've just played HoR with a 746 Colossus who was dying in the entrance of each area all the time firing at the enemies with weapons from there. I lost count how many times this Colossus has been killed. I had to kill all the enemies in all areas without any help and when the weakest enemies remained and I was using my abilities to regain my Ultimate back this Colossus jumped in just to kill these mobs not allowing me to recharge my Ultimate.

Playing Anthem I want to have fun and be rewarded for the time spent playing the game. As it is a looter shooter the rewards for playing the game are loot drops and these drops should be worth time invested in the game. I would defeat the Monitor every time I played HoR on GM3 difficulty even if I had to carry other players if I knew that I would get a legendary item for completing it. Wasting time on defeating the Monitor on GM3 difficulty to get 1 guaranteed MW and a bunch of blues and purples is not fun.

Message 19 of 20 (83 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SuperBadPixelMan wrote:

@VILE_INFECTION wrote:

Lol, my guess is you haven't played enough yet.

I used to wonder why people kept whining about the loot as well.  Of course legendaries are very rare, which I thought was fair enough because they are endgame loot.  Getting 1 or 2 in a day might seem awesome when you're not decked out in legenaries, even 1 or 2 a week might seem great because most of the drops are useful to you when you first start getting them.

The problem is that once you've farmed the same stronghold over 100 times (which I've pretty much done with all 3 of them, probably twice that for Tyrant Mine) it's SO BORING, and if you don't get any legendaries at all for a day, or two days, or even a week, you start to ask yourself.... "Why the hell do I bother?"

Worse still, you end up finally getting a legenary, and it's got really crappy rolls that don't even relate to the item itself, or it's a duplicate with worse stats than what you have.

Now you've wasted a week, doing the exact same thing over and over and over and over and over.....  for abslutely zero reward.

I agree there are some entitled whiners out there, who complaing about not getting loot off every boss.  I think they're idiots too.

But I think the majority of people unhappy with the loot system are others who like me, have spent countless hours and hundreds of stronghold runs trying to find just a single upgrade, with no result.  That will happen to you too, just give it time.

I have hundreds of hours, I have run hundreds of runs. The problem I've recently seen is people don't know how to play the game. Was stuck in a GM3 game last night, and people didn't know how to rotate elements to combo. They also don't kill trash mobs on the tyrant mine stronghold and try to kill the boss. We wiped 4 times due to it. I had enough and left. I guess you could say I'm no better, but lack of communication was the bigger issue there.

Message 20 of 20 (59 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help