Re: Technically Speaking are TIE Interceptors or A-Wings better?

by JCade821

Original Post

Technically Speaking are TIE Interceptors or A-Wings better?

★★ Pro

Hi guys, now that we have seen how powerful the TIE Interceptor can be in the CG Trailer Hunted, what do you think are Interceptors going to dominate X-wings and A-Wings?

Message 1 of 5 (644 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The A-Wing is going to dominate everything. The only way to kill an A-Wing is through hacking.

Message 2 of 5 (637 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SandyBellinger A-Wing has always been a beast. Loved it in the old SWBF2.. Scorched earth attacks on the filthy ground troops. lol
Message 3 of 5 (575 Views)

★★ Guide
@Reposter I think it depends what you want. Interceptors are the fastest, yes, but the TIE Interceptor is faster than the A-Wing by a tiny bit to make up for the lack of shields.They both have their upsides. I would say they are equal although I probably prefer the look of the TIE Interceptor. Also, I love speed.
Message 4 of 5 (565 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

From what I remember an Interceptor with a good pilot can really wreck an X-Wing, the only thing is an X-Wing might be able to tank more damage than an A-Wing.  But back in XWA and XvT it would come down to how the other blokes shields were, and how crazy they got on their maneuvers.

Also A-Wings had extra power to transfer if needed, Interceptors did not because of no shield power to reallocate.  Was always fun putting all shield power to the engines in an A-Wing and flying around like a madman.  On other fighters like the Z-95 I would put that shield energy to engines anyway since the weak shields were basically useless.

Message 5 of 5 (451 Views)