Re: Teamed up with lower ranked players

by jjdangerzone65

Original Post

Teamed up with lower ranked players

★★★★ Novice

Why am I constantly being paired up with Bronze players when I am in Gold rank?? This makes no sense for me to be gold and have 2 lower ranked players matched up with me playing against gold teams.

Message 1 of 8 (3,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

You aren't only playing against gold teams. Some of them might be all gold but there will be plenty of players in your lobby overall that are between plat-bronze. Because if the game takes too long to que enough people into a match it pairs you with the closest to your rank that are currently searching for a match so you don't sit around waiting 5-10 minutes for a 10 minute game. This is only to prevent you waiting around forever in que. They announced this all over the place that match making will try to put everyone of similar rank together to diminish the que times, but if not enough are found within a specified time it will just put whoever is searching at that moment into the game.

If you want to avoid this the discord always has people looking for ranked matches and they usually say what rank they are looking for to que with. That'll be the only 100% way you get a whole squad at your rank.

Message 2 of 8 (3,407 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah that makes no sense to me though bronze is not close to gold and also it kinda puts you at a disadvantage with people that aren't used to ranked play.

Message 3 of 8 (3,402 Views)

★★ Guide

Well right but the problem is they have no choice, because no one wants to wait to play the game for 5-10 minutes either just to be downed right away most games. You'd spend more time in que's then in the actual game (ESPECIALLY at high elo) in the early elo's it'll be easy no matter what, but to make it even across the board they pool whoever is currently searching IF <--- they cannot find enough around your rank so that you get in right away. 

Also for those that aren't used to ranked (its the same as casual) just play casual until you understand the game, if your not familiar with the game overall you shouldn't join ranked matches anyway to start with. Ranked play is just about camping more and smart plays the only difference honestly but overall the game mechanics and everything else are exactly the same.

So if the point is someone who is newer to the game, they should know to play casual and practice first before going into the competitive scene. Which is why I've been posting that Respawn should make ranked at only level 100+ so that new players HAVE to grind before just jumping in and also stops hackers from messing up ranked games as well since they get banned every now and then they'd have to grind all over again just to play ranked which keeps the competitive community safe.

Message 4 of 8 (3,395 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You'd like to think they'd be smart enough to go play casual first but not the case.  That my friend is wishful thinking. I wouldn't be upset about the matchmaking if that were the case and yes I know you have to be a certain level to play ranked but even still people don't have a firm grasp of the game and how to make those smart plays because they ranked up and decided they could go play ranked which again puts you at a huge disadvantage.  

Either I'm just trying to figure out why as gold I'm being paired with bronze, you would think if that was the case of lowering que times they would match silver with bronze gold with silver and so on... There is no way I believe there is zero 1 their lower players.

Message 5 of 8 (3,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your tone implies this is acceptable but it clearly isn't. When I play ranked I expect to not be at a detriment due to my team being a lower rank. It's one of the reasons I avoid casuals as there are too many beginners. Having to use another piece of software (discord) to get around the substandard  matchmaking is also not acceptable. I would happily wait a few minutes to ensure I'm being matched with my peers but I'm not given the option. On the flip side if I was strapped for time I could go play casual. This seriously needs looking at. I just went from winning 4 games ago with over 2k damage and 15 kills to having lower ranked team mates breaking off and landing solo, hiding in corners whilst their team is fighting and generally not being helpful. So through no fault of my own I've lost over 60rp immediately after a 200rp win. All because matchmaking keeps putting me with lower ranks.

I honestly don't get how anyone can sit there and make out like it's not an issue. 'Just use discord' isn't a solution it's a work around. Matchmaking is broken. Good day.

Message 6 of 8 (3,260 Views)

★★★ Guide
@VisualfEX makes no sense that a level 10 is when you can start rank it should be level 80 or more
Message 7 of 8 (3,233 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@jjdangerzone65 Probably for the same reason I, a lowly bronze ) keep getting gold and plat players on my team. It never fails to amuse me how I will be reminded every 10 seconds that they are gold/plat and how I am a garbage player... Then the score cards come up and neither have over 100 damage to my 1000+ and maybe 1 of them has a kill to my 10+. Maybe, just maybe, bronze is a level you HAVE to START with no matter your skill level. But what do I know, I'm just bronze ( Not playing ranked due to kids yelling every 10 seconds and such. )
Message 8 of 8 (3,208 Views)