Team balance, easy fix

by GUTENTAAAAG

Original Post

Re: Team balance, easy fix

★★★ Guide

Since teambalance is mostly dependent on the rank of the best players in a team here is how I would apply the rule:

Add rank of top 6 players in a team and match it as accurately as possible to the opposing team's same number.

Do the same for the next 6 players with a bit more room for mismatch.

The bottom 20 players can be selected randomly.

With this method teams would be balanced and diverse at the same time.

Message 21 of 66 (845 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GUTENTAAAAG How would you compensate for top tier players who create smurf accounts and come into the game under rank 20 and destroy everyone including lvl 200+
Message 22 of 66 (814 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Real_Noobalishusit's the least I would worry about. As far as I know there is no way to reset your account so unless you buy the game multiple times, there is no way to fool the ranking system. 99% of players represent their real rank.

Message 23 of 66 (791 Views)

★★★ Guide

Today's experience: played like 8 matches in conquest, lost none, ACE squad 8 times.

Here is the response:

bfv_2020_07_07_19_28_59_683.jpg

Message 24 of 66 (757 Views)

★ Guide

I agree with EA_Attic here.  While rank is a good indication of skill its not 100% indication of skill.  I think a Team switch button would greatly help at least in the NA servers were you've got a lot of communities that try to balance the server on the regular.  Trying to get a friend on the losing side to invite you over so you can team switch in round is a real pain, but it works.  

Message 25 of 66 (702 Views)

★★★ Guide

@235Nuke  I can guarantee you, you would NEVER join a winning side if teamswiching was allowed. There would be no empty places. Ever...

Message 26 of 66 (688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@GUTENTAAAAGYou clearly don't play on console. Once someone has a Xbox Live account and I'm sure Playstation has their version of it, the online access is connected to the console itself. which means you can make as many accounts as you want and the game is shared between all the accounts which means I could make 100 fake accounts and each one would go into the game as lvl 1, no need to keep buying the same game over and over again. These are known as Smurf accounts and you can always tell when there's a smurf account on your server as it'll be the under lvl 10 going 42 - 1 on the ground. Usually in the case of the Oceania region which is small, most of us know each other and are on the same facebook groups, so you can normally work out who the smurf really is based on the gun used and team they run with

Message 27 of 66 (968 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Real_Noobalishus  yeah, I play on PC only. In this case if there are plenty of "smurf" accounts the K/D ranking system could work for balancing just keep in mind you don't have to apply it for the whole team, it is enought to balance out the top 20% players to be even to have a balanced match.

Message 28 of 66 (944 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Real_Noobalishus Can those players be considered as cheaters?
Message 29 of 66 (915 Views)

★★★ Expert

pff Team death match all cheaters, played breakthrough balancing issues.(as described here)  And then I only played the daily's this night. The gaming experience is getting more worse these days. Hope the fix will come soon. 

Message 30 of 66 (892 Views)