Team Balance (again) BF V

★★★ Novice

DICE, plz do something with team balance by lvl

Message 1 of 8 (1,055 Views)

Re: Team Balance (again) BF V

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@hospital_chief 

Lot of player want that team balance, we do wait and see. But it's difficult by lvl due to the teamplay, if a team have a good lvl and want to play together, there will necessarily be a lvl imbalance.

Message 2 of 8 (1,043 Views)

EA DICE Team
@hospital_chief my personal opinion on this, but adding level or ranked Team Balance is going to remove players who wants to play together and for some this is fine and for others its a big no.

Also to note Battlefield franchise never had level or ranked based team balance in game, but there are community made plugins on PC in BF3,4 and Hardline that tried to balance temas based on skill stat in battlelog. My personal experiencing running servers back then I saw more complaints about people getting moved al the time then people complaining about balance.

/Atic
Message 3 of 8 (953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic , I understand that some players want to play together and not get separated into different teams, so could it be possible if auto-balancing could just move around different squads instead of individual players. For example, a couple of days ago I played a game and the teams were 40 vs. 10. It would have been way more fair if they had moved a few squads to the other team. This would balance out the teams, and keep players that want to play together with each other.

Message 4 of 8 (851 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello @hospital_chief,

I recently plated Grind conquest and I had the same problem , good that there is someone to report it I hope they’ll fix it soon . 

Message 5 of 8 (822 Views)

★ Guide

EA/DICE

Offer a few maps to people with high kill and high rankings and ONLY them an opportunity to play as teams against themselves.

Allow a few maps for the cheaters too who cheat with one another.  The high rank players might be able to beat the cheaters!

SPLIT UP high ranking players for your main Conquest and Battlefield V game and etc.! That would help balance things right away. 

Simply put an program adjustment to SPLIT UP high kill and ranking players into separate teams!  Again, offer those who want to play in teams some separate maps that demands a high kill ranking to play in! Offer them initiatives as well for some reward with each other.

Reward you main demographic Battlefield V with BALANCE.  This should be a straight forward programming fix in multiplayer.

WHY not?

Message 6 of 8 (795 Views)

Hey @2042onthemove 

While it's a nice idea in theory, there are a few problems I can think of.

With the other titles, people began to complain the community was split when only Premium players had access to certain maps. Makes perfect sense since they paid for the maps but vanilla can sometimes suffer b3cause of it.

High ranks don't necessarily mean players are good. I'm not #1 overall but I'm a competitive player who is only rank 75 for example; you can match by skill, sure, but even that doesn't necessarily mean things will be balanced. Vehicles especially can skew skill numbers to crazy heights so I think they will need to make changes to those calculations before they can do proper SBMM.

Despite what I just said, I think the idea of certain server requirements is perfectly valid, we all just need to come up with something we can agree on.

I wouldn't mind a beginner-advance or bronze-diamond ranking system as long as you can purposely boost or tank your stats

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 7 of 8 (774 Views)

EA DICE Team
@2042onthemove You would need to remove server browser from Battlefield, you are also splitting the user base so it can take a longer time to find a server for you and your squad.

Implant an MMR kind of system on solo and group players you would need to find another 60 players in a round the same skill/mmr level.

Separating maps have had some negative sentiment from a lot of players in general. Imagine you cant play that one map because you are not skilled enough. Not really a good game experience for anyone.

Doing skill based Team Balance is not easy as you also want a good game experience for everyone and not just the 5%.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (712 Views)