Tater toss invisible to Space Cowboy?

by JedTheRealFish

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Tater toss invisible to Space Cowboy?

★ Guide

When I played a tater toss on lane one to counter a Space Cowboy, it attacked and moved on for a kill to lane two. I thought I got six damage from that?

Message 1 of 8 (924 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tater toss invisible to Space Cowboy?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
The game sees the Zombie ability activate first and moves the Space Cowboy to the next lane, THEN activates the Hothead ability only for it to fail and explode without harming anything. I don't think it's a glitch, but it is a very annoying mechanic. Similarly, if you Frenzy a Space Cowboy it will attack, kill a plant, hit face, move to the left, THEN do the Frenzy bonus attack without combat having begun in that lane yet.

EDIT: I meant to say it moves to the right '-'. Oopsie.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (1,066 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Similarly to last time, you're not giving us much information to work with. What happened after the Space Cowboy moved to the next lane? Was it buffed? What is immune that turn? Are you asking so we can give you the possible reasons that this could happen, because it's very unlikely to be a bug.

Message 2 of 8 (915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
The game sees the Zombie ability activate first and moves the Space Cowboy to the next lane, THEN activates the Hothead ability only for it to fail and explode without harming anything. I don't think it's a glitch, but it is a very annoying mechanic. Similarly, if you Frenzy a Space Cowboy it will attack, kill a plant, hit face, move to the left, THEN do the Frenzy bonus attack without combat having begun in that lane yet.

EDIT: I meant to say it moves to the right '-'. Oopsie.
Message 3 of 8 (1,067 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SmallHotChocolat wrote:

I was just going to say precisely that. The "move" ability from the zombie activates before the Hothead goes boom. 

HOOOWEEVER I didn't knew about that thing with the Cowboy + Frenzy. That seems super broken. 

Message 4 of 8 (870 Views)

★★ Pro
I know when he is on Moonbase Z and hits with the overshoot, he books to the next lane without the attack because he did damage.
I'm going to try and do that with the frenzy, I have seen it before and I wasn't sure if I saw what I thought I saw, and it must have been. I just remember that he kept going till the block meter kicked in, like usual....that or dead
Message 5 of 8 (856 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Heh.  I always thought SC had to exchange damage with a plant and he took damage and only moved if he survived.  Moonbase Z explanation makes sense.  I only have one, so don't see him in use much.  

BPRD

Message 6 of 8 (837 Views)

★ Apprentice
And it just keeps going after that. In fact, it ends up doing ANOTHER attack when combat officially begins in the lane it ends up in. So it hits until you block, then gets another chance to hit and potentially start the cycle over again. Nothing like watching your board get wiped by a deadly, frenzied Space Cowboy.
Message 7 of 8 (827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@UniVoidz‘The game sees the Zombie ability activate first and moves the Space Cowboy to the next lane, THEN activates the Hothead ability only for it to fail and explode without harming anything. I don't think it's a glitch, but it is a very annoying mechanic. Similarly, if you Frenzy a Space Cowboy it will attack, kill a plant, hit face, move to the left, THEN do the Frenzy bonus attack without combat having begun in that lane yet.”

@SmallHotChocolat

I appreciate your feedback. But here was someone who didn’t need more details to answer my question.

Message 8 of 8 (718 Views)