Tanks are garbage in this game

by WraithOf_Hades

Original Post

Re: Tanks are garbage in this game

★★★ Apprentice

@Eventhius85 wrote:
@ReddogukIts the slow bullet velocity (makes no sense), horrible bullet drop (makes no sense), and absolute abysmal damage (makes no sense). The top gunners time to overheat needs to increase as well.

It does when you imagine the designers making every vehicle balancing decision by saying "Well I wouldn't want it to be OP with..."

Seriously, they nerfed basically every aspect of the cannons because AT launchers have such slow projectile velocity they can't hit anything, and don't do enough damage to kill the Boltes that were good at everything.  Then when the Boltes start getting killed by NTW-50s because they have to slow down to land enough shots to actually kill something, the NTW gets nerfed.  There's no consideration for the interactions between different weapon/vehicle types and whether or not they are filling their roles properly.

To use a wolf/deer population example:

Lets say there are too few deer because the wolves keep killing them.  Rather than look at why deer are getting killed, DICE would file down the wolves' teeth so it's harder to kill anything.  In reality, the deer are getting killed because they are slower than they really should be.  So now we have slow deer and weak wolves, nothing is fun to play as, but the "net balance" between deer and wolves is restored.  Except oops wait now rabbits are everywhere because the wolves can no longer kill them in one bite and as such more rabbits escape easily.

Message 11 of 15 (135 Views)

★★★ Expert

I dont know how you guys take down tanks so quick? I feel like my rockets only do 10 damage and by the second one they find me and kill me 

Message 12 of 15 (126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@GrizzGolfyou will never get a good feel of how much they hurt unless you take them on your own tank.
One hit can already unsettle you when thinking about how many others can come from multiple players.

Of course we are tanking about normal tank usage and not "metallic sniper"

Message 13 of 15 (120 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Aim2212 wrote:
@WraithOf_HadesI've also wondered. We are supposed to be in the year 2042. Why are the tanks feeling like some 1915 tanks?

I would say worse than the 1915 tanks

Message 14 of 15 (113 Views)

★ Guide

As a team we spend houres in tanks trying to keep them alive with repair tool and stingers for choppers and just as many houres trying to bring them down as a team, now they are just roling death traps and ppl stand in line to get the last shoot its not at all the power full machine of war it should be. shame :/ guess ppl just want to run slide jump 360 no scope whit there pokemon balls and not have to worry about vehicles Frown

Message 15 of 15 (104 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help