Tanks are free kills in 2042 (DICE unlock the turret speed)

by WienerBeard

Original Post

Tanks are free kills in 2042 (DICE unlock the turret speed)

★★★★★ Guide

Dead immediately with it's slow * turret and poor maneuverability. It's currently a joke out there. I'm surprised more people haven't commented about it.

The turret definitely needs to be unlocked to at least give it a fighting chance. It's just being targeted by so many rockets not to mention all the emp weaponry, C5 and choppers. Certainly no one is in fear when a tank rolls in. Pretty much everyone trying to hurry up and get the free kill.

Pretty pathetic really, heck I'd rather be in a jeep than a tank currently. Also with the turret slow like it is it takes all the fun out of driving the tank. It's more frustrating than fun.

Hopefully DICE does the tanks right with future updates.

Message 1 of 10 (602 Views)

Re: Tanks are free kills in 2042 (DICE unlock the turret speed)

★★★★★ Novice

The main cannon also is weak with spitball ammunition.

Message 2 of 10 (561 Views)

★★★ Expert

Tanks seem hard to take down in this

Message 3 of 10 (524 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@CosmicTimeKeeper Yea totally, plus the reload is slow and machine guns seem mostly harmless.
Message 4 of 10 (486 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You're getting constantly destroyed by M5, Sundance/Drones with C5 and chainEMP it's not funny. 

Message 5 of 10 (457 Views)

★★★ Guide
@WienerBeard thats why i shoot third party view and hang back now you go cap an objective and your gone in 5 secs
Message 6 of 10 (421 Views)

★ Expert
@WienerBeard I understand the mentality on balancing the tanks, but it's rough. It could use a slight buff. I would take any increase in speed for the main turret.

If you could have a proxy on your tank that would be one thing. It's a ton of work in the Tank right now, especially with how spawns work, to not get c5 instantly.
Message 7 of 10 (418 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Don't unlock turret rotation, since I don't want to fight MBTs that can instantly 180 their turrets again.  Rather get rid of the turret acceleration.  It was fine for WW2 tanks in BF5, but 3-plane stabilized future tanks should not feel sluggish at all like they do.  It also makes aiming unnecessarily difficult.  Buff the cannon damage and velocity so hitting infantry isn't a complete fluke as well.

Message 8 of 10 (397 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes. Unlocking the turret speed would be a bad idea, but a buff would be beneficial. Also, they should probably buff the passenger gun as well. 

Message 9 of 10 (323 Views)

★ Guide
@WienerBeard Take away the turret from the driver..Buff the gunner... Give it EMP protection and sure.
Message 10 of 10 (315 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help