Re: Tank characters (such as Oak) have too much health!

by CRAAAZZYChomper

Original Post

Tank characters (such as Oak) have too much health!

★★★★★ Apprentice

I often see people complain about their primary weapons being overpowered, but in my experience, they just take so long to vanquish that it only feels that way. They are not that much easier to hit to justify that much health. I can't be the only person to hold this opinion. Am I?

Message 1 of 15 (822 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@3DJRD The point of a tank is to have health so your teammates have to take less damage. Complaining about a tank having health is like complaining about Scientist and Sunflower being able to heal.
Message 2 of 15 (816 Views)

★ Apprentice
@CRAAAZZYChomper well, with the current damage output of the zombies.. the amount sure does feel like too much.
Bare with the community, the majority of the complaints can be fixed with Better Servers and Proper Balancing that actually makes playing each and every character fun.
Message 3 of 15 (812 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@CRAAAZZYChomper wrote:
@3DJRDThe point of a tank is to have health so your teammates have to take less damage. Complaining about a tank having health is like complaining about Scientist and Sunflower being able to heal.

I understand. And they can hold objectives better then others. But the current amount of health is excessive. Oak could easily be 250 health and continue to be effective in his role. I often see excessive use of tank characters in almost every match and feel they are the cause of the majority of my deaths.

Message 4 of 15 (795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@The3rdLetter wrote:
@CRAAAZZYChomperwell, with the current damage output of the zombies.. the amount sure does feel like too much.
Bare with the community, the majority of the complaints can be fixed with Better Servers and Proper Balancing that actually makes playing each and every character fun.

But even Torchwood and the Imp's Z-Mech had excessive health in GW2.

Message 5 of 15 (792 Views)

★ Guide

Oaks are slow and huge targets. Maybe there is more frequent oaks, because he’s new or his dmg output. Oaks can be more easily shot out without some kind of defense besides his health, and you can’t stack more health on oak if there’s an acorn on top. But space cadet can stack health and have shields, her health can go up to 700, which now seems a little too excessive with the addition of shields. 

Message 6 of 15 (776 Views)

★ Guide

Rule of thumb for balancing tanks is the more health, the lower the range. Oak seems broken because of no damage drop off. Also, many characters do have low damage output. However, Rocket Ride, Heroic Fists, and several other abilities can destroy an Oak and its Acorns in seconds.

Message 7 of 15 (757 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@3DJRD I’m not gonna contribute anything substantial with this post but this thread (mainly your title) put a smile on my face.

Just full DPS them with your team. And the tanks are large as a spacestation or a tree (see what I did there), what do you mean with ‘they are not that much easier to hit’?

I like those tanks. Especially with 2 people stacked, cause that means if you hit ‘em, kill them, you killed 2 instead of 1!
Message 8 of 15 (709 Views)

★ Guide

Fully stacked oak is a complete nightmare.

Message 9 of 15 (674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

And I thought Oak’s health was a bit excessive.

Citron’s peel shield has 621 health and recharges almost immediately, while firing primary or using abilities. What are you suppose to do? That is clearly exploitable and soon to be abused.

I wonder how much just one Space Station Passenger’s asteroid shield adds? Let alone three.

Message 10 of 15 (603 Views)