Re: Talk to your local reps!!!

by VBALL_MVP

Original Post

Talk to your local reps!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hey Folks. 

I, like hundreds of thousands of others, am livid that I spent $100 on an absolute garbage unfinished game.  I've spent a lot of time on here and on reddit's subthread and want to see the gaming industry change.  They scammed us plain and simple. Remember when they said the beta was on an older model?  That was a blatant lie. One of the ways to change this new industry trend of releasing obviously unfinished products is to speak to your local representatives!  EA and Activision shares are HURTING ever since the releases of Battlefield and COD (lol).  Lets get them while they're down and try to save the games we love. 

PS.   If I mess something up at work do I still get holiday?  I work until its fixed or I'm fired.  So spare us with your complaining of our brutal expectations and tell your team not to release a broken, unfinished game.

Sincerely,

An Angry Shareholder 

Message 1 of 7 (296 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have no idea what you're suggesting.

Message 2 of 7 (280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@DaMutha1I don't either. I think he is suggesting the EA/DICE possibly break work protection laws and not give people time off.  I mean if you played the beta and didn't like it, why did you continue to purchase it?  Did you really expect something completely different to come out?

Also the stock dropping is not cause of the game....

Message 3 of 7 (263 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't think there are any "local Reps". DICE doesn't have a store you can walk into and complain, and I'm pretty sure Origin doesn't give two hoots. And if you mean politicians I can assure you they care not a jot about a buggy game.

Message 4 of 7 (248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

The only thing that need to change is either your respective countries consumer law needs updating so even if a patch completely borks the game your due a full refund or every time a game is released it must go through independent governing body to test if it’s relatively bug free for consumers.

You should also be very angry at Sony and Microsoft for allowing this to be sold in such a state on their platforms…..Nintendo would laugh if this came to certification on their platform 

Message 5 of 7 (235 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@VBALL_MVP Not at all. I'm saying the best way to rework the gaming industry is through consumer protection laws and legislation. @emerson1975 hit the nail on the head. It's an industry problem of releasing unfinished products at full price. It feels criminal. I fully believe 2042 will be a very fun game in at least a year maybe more. Can't justify full price for this game.

Look at EA's stock price 11/12 (early release date)$145- 11-22 (first trading day after release) $126.... that drop was the direct result of a terrible release. WSJ just published articles how EA and Activision are getting creamed due to poor releases of their AAA games.
Message 6 of 7 (191 Views)

★★★ Guide

@dronkirishguy wrote:
@VBALL_MVPNot at all. I'm saying the best way to rework the gaming industry is through consumer protection laws and legislation. @emerson1975 hit the nail on the head. It's an industry problem of releasing unfinished products at full price. It feels criminal. I fully believe 2042 will be a very fun game in at least a year maybe more. Can't justify full price for this game.

Look at EA's stock price 11/12 (early release date)$145- 11-22 (first trading day after release) $126.... that drop was the direct result of a terrible release. WSJ just published articles how EA and Activision are getting creamed due to poor releases of their AAA games.

The shares dropped because the stock market dropped that day, it wasn't because of the release.  EA is also rising again and outperforming others on the NASDAQ.  Shareholders honestly don't care about state of the game, they care about the bottom line and with 4.2 mil copies in one week, that is what brings the share up.  Depending if EA reports a profit or a loss on their next shareholders meeting will further determine the stock not the state of BF2042, that wont even be specifically mentioned.

Message 7 of 7 (184 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help