Re: Tales from Season 8

by ThatCryptoUser

Original Post

Tales from Season 8

★★★★★ Expert

Well, the season 7 thread was so successful (you guys are talkative xD) lets go make a new one for this season. 

So yesterday I got into plat after the horrendous dumpster-fire-with-baby-diapers-filled-to-the-brim-in-it that is Gold. First matches were awesome. I got a team that was aggressive and ready to push and one even spoke. 

We got 3rd place but it was fun... So the talker and me played some more and in second game got another talker who was laissez faire in the approach of engagement which I am too. Either push when necessary or convenient or go for ring. 

So we played a bunch and had a good time. I thought, if this is plat now (as opposed to Ranked S1 which was only other time I played ranked) then it’s swell. Well... I was just lucky. 

Today, thought I’d do a bit of playing before continuing to play Control. Garbage teammates... it’s like the waft of Gold got blown onto my IP again and I get the same non-shooters, horrible aimers or passive (not campers but actually passive) ppl when we’re already in a 2v3 and they run away players in my team again... and yea... they’re all plat 4 ofc xD. 

Most of them were also low-mid lvl so that explains a lot xD. So yea... not doing that anymore I think. The ppl who go through these things in solo and still have a mind that’s not €€>%>, you’re the real MVPs!

A tale from today. We wiped one squad. Another hastily comes along. We have, once again, a bloodhound that does NOT SCAN until it’s too late, so they start shooting and we’re holding our own. Enemy team advances and one even drops from building (scan room) and pushes. She gets shredded and wraiths away. 

What does my team do knowing that her teammates are on the roof waiting? CLIMB UP 🤪 of course they are down when they fully climbed up... and I’m like okay, lemme just die... so I do the same...

Message 1 of 21 (488 Views)

★ Expert

Probably The Most Thrilling Final Battle In The History of Apex Legends!!!

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/edwardelric6529/video/128577205

(or rather, why this LTM sucks a bit)

Message 2 of 21 (480 Views)

Champion
@EdwardDLuffy Someone using the heat shield exploit gave up or what?
Message 3 of 21 (456 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor They got trapped the other side of the capacitor wall.

We could hear them fighting but we couldn't get to them because of the wall and the rings, so we just waited ...

It was really boring game as you can see from my massive kills/assists/damage stats. I think we encountered one other squad, and they were a duo.

I've often found with this LTM if you survive any initial skirmishes you then have a long boring wait until your next conflict. That's because everyone is avoiding the centre of the map on drop so all the surviving squads are scattered.
Message 4 of 21 (445 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Even if they did not give up, they would have died as caustic doesn’t replenish his traps that fast. As you saw, their heat shields busted in less than 5 secs, so at most that other team could do like 5 heat shields before caustic would run out of traps.
Message 5 of 21 (441 Views)

★★ Guide
@Koochi-Q Oki so I recently made it to plat 3. (Yes, I know it's not big. There's this whole curse thing, whatever.) Anyway, I started the game as Crypto(cause of course) I had a Bang and Mirage on my team. We land at containment and rotate towards the hold. Lo and behold, there's a team. I stick one with an arc(he lives) and down another before I too, am downed. Mirage comes in and is knocked immediately, but Bangalore as the cleaning crew sweeps the floor with their last teammate who, as horizon jumps around for a bit before being pounded into the dirt. We're just hanging around and move towards bunker. Out of bunker, there's a *large* fight going on. Bang and I ult, we take one of the teams from behind and retreat back into Bunker as the ring is closing. Back near Containment and the hold. Chased by a three man team. We run into the leviathan footprint and bunker down. Teams are fighting, and we get a few potshots off. Eventually, one team drops and we sweep in and kill the team that one. We get attacked, but kill the team. Finally, that lifeline team pushes us, and I take down one, am revived by Mirage, who also takes down one, and we both do some damage to the enemy Bang who takes us both down. Finally, our Bang kills the enemy, and we win. Got 214 points from it.
Message 6 of 21 (431 Views)

Champion
@EdwardDLuffy Yep what you being up is a big issue with the current state of the ltm. It cuts off the entire center of the map. So you get a fight early and cant find anyone.
Message 7 of 21 (424 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q Yeah I noticed the shields dying quickly but thought there was something weird.
Message 8 of 21 (422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Koochi-QOh my god, yes. It has been a NIGHTMARE to try and solo ranked. I loaded into a game and the first thing my teammate said was "are you good at the game?" They were both level 44. And that's not to mention the hot droppers, solo droppers, the pushers, the guys who just don't play smart, and, of course, the level 500s who split off from their team and you don't realize it until you and your teammate are both downed.

Message 9 of 21 (413 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Got a new one and ohhh boy is it a doozy... it involves a gold backpack...

now that I’ve got your attention:

Touch your nose 3 times and repeat this phrase 4 times: I can’t believe this happened.

So begin game. We’re looting. Minding our own business, when suddenly a dragon burst out of the ground saying it’s a groundhog! We all do the pew pew pew and eradicate it. But we need some shields. So we find shields... I find blue and both my teammates white.

After several mins of looting I suddenly see blue armor and my teammate at the back (100m behind) also finds one. I ping mine obv and teammate who’s in the same building picks it up, as he should. The one in the back who pinged his own? Didn’t pick it up.

So now we go to new POI... I find gold backpack. Seeing as one of my teammates is Wattson & other Horizon, I ping it for them while I keep purple. Nobody dibses it. I find 2 purple... One takes it and other dibses it... I ping gold again and she dibses that this time. Storm moves in... she picks up the purple one WHILE GOLD IS STILL DIBSED XD.

I’m now like *>#*¥+ no I’m not leaving that backpack there and run into the eye of the hurricane with my trusted legs, getting hit by all sorts of debris draining me of my life force, when my teammates who’re 200m in front of me see enemies fighting and one pings... 10 secs later while I’m still in storm starts shooting...

We eventually won the fight & the war cause we won, but wow... it was random...
Message 10 of 21 (378 Views)