Re: Taking the fun and skill out the game

by Foofer37

Original Post

Champion
@BaldWraithSimp But the pushing part is so fun! Especially when it is another caustic or wattson team!
Message 51 of 75 (363 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Before if you were trapped inside a small room, caustic would just place his traps and that's it. But now it gives you a way to counter it.
Message 52 of 75 (346 Views)

★★ Pro

@apostolateofDOOM wrote:

@LordloshBang If this game didn't have abilities then i would agree with you but this isn't Battlefield or Tarkov and ability usage is a skill itself with how you cycle your abilities and their cd's that complements yours and your teams combat.

We should, imo, raise the bar of other legends instead of nerfing the most popular ones (that people have spent money on and leaves a sour taste on the majority as they are by far the most picked) and you say they can't buff certain legends to compete with Wraith and Path but Crypto who is one of, if not the lowest picked legend would likely be my main if i didn't have to be stationary while using his abilities.

If it's possible for him then i'm sure it would be for any of them with a rework.  If you suggest any legend i could tell you how to make them more viable as there are some i have ideas for and want to play more often but haven't as they just simply aren't as fun.

Hypothetically, think of a zero delay, reduced cd, skilled player using Loba against S2 meta Wraith, Path and Wattson. You run in and down their Wattson then start shooting their wraith, both take damage and she phases out while you teleport to the next building to pop a bat. You see the path on the roof looking for you and teleport above his head and PK him in the face coming down and as he tries to grapple off you finish him with an r99, now the wraith climbs up the side and you finish her too. All 3 would have strong abilities but how you use them would make a difference.

We can agree to disagree and the one thing i do agree with is legends are more equal now which is a good thing but the game overall is slower and less fun, which is not.  I'm not arguing with you as active discussions like this can only be good for the game and i respect your opinion even if i disagree with it but my way would make for a faster paced and more enjoyable experience, imo.

And this will end up in a complete joke. This ain`t dota or League of Legends. Ability have place in the game, but their power creep should be stay in check, otherwise you are going to end up in a mess.

I understand you don`t agree with my point, but i complete disagree with yours.

No matter how much you buff Bloodhound or Bangalore for exmaple, you won`t ever get to Wraith or Parth level of season 1 for example.

Message 53 of 75 (330 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@LordloshBang Increase the speed of Bangalores passive and activation of her ult or the duration of bloodhounds tactical even if by a couple of seconds would make them both quite formidable on top of their fairly recent buffs. This is without reworks which they would probably need for competitive play but i could suggest a few.

Movement and abilities is one of the things that sets Apex apart from other BRs like Warzone or similar FPS games so bring the top down slightly and raise the others up but knocking favourites to ground level isn't boding well with many players who have already left or play infrequently now.

Message 54 of 75 (317 Views)

★★ Pro

Sorry but you are talking nonseses. Bangalore in his whole existent never ever got a buff, and forget about fairly. Only Bloodhound got buffs, yet he is still useless at top or competitive level and got zero pick rate in there. Same with Bangalore.

No changes to this legends can make them a must or even a choice for competitive level.

As far as movement, even without the ability, this is the best game, that offer such a good movement. No other game comes close to this one.

And players will always move from one game to another, this is the life after all. Just like people move from one car to another and so on.

A lot of people moved to Warzone, simply because Apex was too hard for them. Even Shroud said this. In Apex you actually need real skills in all areas, unlike Warzone.

As i said the game was completely unbalance in its first seasons. And even top Wraith and Pathy streamers admitted this and that they needed a nerf.

We have different view of the game, so we can`t come to agreement. Its not because who is right or wrong.

Tho as i said, the game was never in such a good shape, in terms of balance, which speaks for Respawn work and that they are doing the right stuff with not just buffing and totally mess up the game.

Message 55 of 75 (307 Views)

★★ Expert

A thing I was thinking is that they could increase the aoe of Bangalore’s ult by adding more missiles to the ends. It wouldn’t be anything drastic, but it would increase Bangalore’s effectiveness a bit. 
Also a slight reduction in charge time for her ult could bring her up.

Message 56 of 75 (306 Views)

★★ Expert
@apostolateofDOOM I mean, there’s only so fast Bangalore can go with her passive before she gets to the same speed as Octane.
Message 57 of 75 (304 Views)

★ Guide

I would love if the slowing effects of Bangalore's ultimate didn't affect her.  That would be huge, and not too OP, IMO. 

Message 58 of 75 (284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@LordloshBang What part is nonsense? Bangalore got a buff in S3 if memory serves me right.. Double ult damage from 20 to 40 i think it was but you can go search the exact details.

In the case of some legends they need complete reworks not buffs for competitive play but they could ease the situation as things are and just off the top of my head both Titanfall and Dirty Bomb have far better movement than Apex.

Yes people move away from games and change but some are standout issue or things they have removed that people enjoyed. Those people would have stayed if things were different or prioritised differently. Nerfing favourite legends, sound issues, game stability not addressed and other things over time accumulate and push people away.

@Sir_Named Reducing cd or increasing AoE (not sure if that was part of a previous buff or not) is one way and as she's a soldier, reduced recoil could be part of her passive. Not so great for comp scene but easier for new players to get the hang of the game.

Edit: @rloaz34 Anything that hinders you or your team less can be considered a good buff. Just look at Caustics recently for example.

Message 59 of 75 (283 Views)

★ Guide

Do you guys seriously still think this game is about skill? I guess you can pretend it is. 

Land, find no weapon. Or, land and find a P2020 but can't find ammo. Or land find nothing, search frantically, find a hemlock and no ammo.

Or, find a little bit of everything. Get into your first battle and because Apex only gave you 2 stacks of light ammo, you run out real quick and you're dead again. Meanwhile, the squad you're up against has purple shields and helmets and a lifetime supply of the exact ammo for all the weapons they have. Yeah. Ok. totally a skill-based game. Keep believing it. Call yourself Apex legends.

Message 60 of 75 (235 Views)