Taking sniper measures is a problem

by VRtroper

Original Post

Taking sniper measures is a problem

★★★ Apprentice

First of all say that the snoper ROL I like I have nothing against him.

Having said that, I am going to leave an image of yesterday, where the abusive use of this role is clearly seen and now more abundant with the new AT rifle.

Tell them that this AT rifle would not have let him use it by sniper, he would simply have added only to Support or assault.

BFV has the same problem as BF1 with snipers and it is a pity that people stop playing for this reason.

sn2.jpg

Message 1 of 14 (675 Views)

Re: Taking sniper measures is a problem

For the most part, it takes a very long time for snipers to rack up those sorts of stats (unless you're DRUNKKZ3 but let's face it, he isn't human) and the enemy has plenty of time to counter.
Boys AT has a horrendous rechamber, reload, bullet velocity, and you're forced to use the bipod to use it effectively, making it a very balanced weapon - I should also mention it has a high chance of NOT killing someone roughly 10-15m away giving it a harsh sweet spot.

An aggressive ZH-29 user or Assault rifle can make quick work of anybody camping if they knew where to flank and as long as you're constantly on the move you should be golden. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 14 (659 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

BFV is no longer a game of the ww2 but rather a field of snipers who want to kill long distance using flares to detect if someone approaches them from behind.

Ami I sincerely like the short / medium range combat where you actually see if the enemy is good with the weapon or defending.

This problem of snipers is dragging it from BF1 and has caused many of my friends to stop playing.

There are solutions for both parties I hope that @EA or @Dice study it and give a quick solution before the game stops being another "Sniper Elite V"

Message 3 of 14 (655 Views)

Community Manager

@VRtroper 

Noticed an abnormal amount of snipers while playing over the weekend and there can be gaming sessions where it can seem like too many players pick the sniper class, but I do want to point out that the community is likely excited to test out the boys AT rifle. There also could be some sniper class assignments players are trying to complete. The ToW chapter this week has a couple that involve sniper rifles too.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 14 (639 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

These words I have been listening to since the beginning of BFV. This problem does not reside in missions or in the new rifle AT I am a BF player since 2002 and believe me this problem is from BF1.

The use of this class in particular is becoming abusive and especially frustrating for other players. The fact of throwing flares to the sky to see the enemy, using a long distance rifle makes the game stop being an immersive ww2.

I do not want to eliminate this class, I think it requires more attention from the developers. The game needs an urgent balance, it is not being an immersive game of the ww2 at all.

If the DEV are reading this post, I would advise that the RSP servers add an option for MATCHMAKING. (Filter servers by "Realism" and "Region")

There are people who want a more immersive experience, without long-range optics, with a role limit per team to avoid the previous image.

It's a good game and I like it a lot but it goes the same way as BF1 if this does not improve.

Thanks for the feedback.

Message 5 of 14 (622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Die panzerbüchse Boy ist schwer zu handeln denn durch die lange nachladezeit und geschossgeschwindigkeit kann man gegen andere sniper oder Infanteristen nichts ausrichten wenn man verschossen hat und auf längere Distanz braucht man dann schon mal 2 bis 3 Schüsse die dir wegen dem 5er Magazin fehlen und man dann gleich nachladen muss wenn man trifft ist es halt ein wirkungsvoller Treffer aber wenn nicht hat man verloren 

Message 6 of 14 (567 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think you a little player to bfv. When there is a sniper with rifle AT boys it is not a problem, but when in a single game there are 16 snipers with AT boys it becomes frustrating. removes immersion to the game, there can not be 60% of players in the same side of snipers. This needs to be controlled urgently so that it does not happen like in Battlefield 1

sn.jpg

Message 7 of 14 (555 Views)

Community Manager

@VRtroper 

How were things over the weekend for you? I decided to play the sniper class again since this conversation was brought up. Not going to exaggerate, but I had some of the most amazing Battlefield moments playing as sniper over the last few days on Mercury. Had a really good spot under the tree where the shadow helped disguise my position. There was a squad inside of a broken building on the second story shooting down at others. The moment they opened up the door I landed a headshot on the player. Felt something right out of a movie. 

I could only imagine what the other squad mates reactions were when they saw that player go down. (Fear. 

There were some moments when the enemy side used a lot of smoke that made me less effective. To your point though, it would be neat to hear a voice over such as "We have reports of many enemy snipers, we'll need smoke to help us advance!" in the event the side reaches X amount of snipers on a team. Give the team an option to counter enemy snipers with available gadgets in game rather than force restrictions on classes.

What do you think of that?

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 14 (505 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_Blueberry 

I've been trying to get all weapons to level 10 and am now halfway through the Scout class and can safely say that almost every match has been tons of fun. A scout/Sniper who plays their role properly (ie, not just camping the same spot 300M away) makes a massive impact on the game's progression and landing that perfect headshot (on a console, at least) is so satisfying I can't explain it.

I've mentioned it before, but a more in dept commo rose similar to that of MGS4's online component MGO( 2 ) where you had 4 sets of 4 customisable sayings would help greatly. 1 section for flanks, 1 more tactics, etc; I know this would probably end up costing a lot but for solo players who usually opt out of talking on the mic like myself this would go an extremely long way and might even help mashed together competitive teams ease into things.

New reinforcements or gadgets mean to deal with specific classes could be neat. I know a lot of people complain about the glare from the sun, but a less potent flash flare would be pretty interesting. We had those in BF1 but I know a lot of people didn't really use them (was a major pain trying to get 100 kills with those too since they didn't really light people on fire that well) - a buff in either duration or AoE would most likely be needed for players to choose those though

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 9 of 14 (495 Views)

Community Manager

@TTZ_Dipsy wrote:

@EA_Blueberry 

A scout/Sniper who plays their role properly (ie, not just camping the same spot 300M away) makes a massive impact on the game's progression

Totally agree. When you have those spawn beacons down on modes like Breakthrough and Rush it can really apply pressure on the defending side.

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 14 (486 Views)