Re: Tab Skip & Num x... how to get them gone

by IceAxe18

Original Post

Tab Skip & Num x... how to get them gone

★ Apprentice

Dear Bioware, 

As a fan of ALL your games I was thrilled at the speed of the patches, thank you. 

Now, how do I get that "[tab] Skip" off my screen when going planet to planet? -- Cause I will keep enjoying the wicked cool animation well after the skies clear and the kett keel over. 

And how do I get that [Num x] from in front of the dialog choices that break the immersion for me?  Although replacing the "Num" part and just leaving the actual number would work ok too. 

With much appreciation for all your excellent and amazing work,

Maze

Message 1 of 5 (578 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes please, it's horribly distracting.

Message 2 of 5 (561 Views)

Don't know of a way to get rid of the tab....but I do know how to get rid of numbers on convo wheel....

Settings menu, controls/key bindings...bottom of the list is left and right sides of convo wheel settings, clear them out totally and you will get rid of the [num 1] before the choice.  It of course means you have to click with a mouse, but that was how it was before anyway....

On my computer if you don't click on a key to bind it, but click on the item such as click on lower left conversation choice and click X it clears the choice for both main and alternate, but if you click on the key binding it changes to choose key to bind and you then press X and then X is now the choice to choose lower left....hope I am not confusing the issue more....Confused

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I agree that the Tab key to skip the scenes is a distraction, and as for the selecting the conversation numbers are fine, and no numbers is fine, but the way you select the conversation now is distracting or basically messy looking.

Message 4 of 5 (540 Views)

★ Apprentice
Message 5 of 5 (524 Views)