Re: THIRSTING

by JuusozTheMemer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

THIRSTING

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

guys/gals....whats happened here? ive been playing in season 3 for at least a week but what i dont get is why does it seem so much more bloodthirsty than usual. in S2 when u got downed in KC it was 'oh hes down? lets move on to other players then come back.' NOW? ' bruh! kill kill kill kill kill!'  people on my own team and enemy teams chase kills so much i dont even think theyre human,

One example. we were at Refinery and 2 other squads landed in either the smokestacks or the railway in the center. so tell me why, in all their wisdom. do they just run up to each other with wingmans and try blasting each others heads off? like wtf take cover or something. what made it worse was that while i was still looting an Octace came racing up behind me, while being chased by both of my squaddies, he loses shields and part of his health but is still chasing me down. he manages to down me, then just runs around me shooting me in the back meanwhile my team is just lighting him up. (all this happens in like 15seconds btw)  like come on man, gimme a break.

anyone else seen this behavior? enacted this behavior or know whats different? cuz this feels different

Message 1 of 17 (657 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Pro

@Koochi-Q wrote:
@bailiwickDon’t even have to read everything. They thirst more now due to killing downed players also contributes to dmg done as opposed to season 2. So basically more ppl going for those 2/3/4K dmg badges

not only that though it's disheartening having 1k damage done and one kill. 

If you don't thirst and that person gets revived you lose a Kill on your stats. I didn't do this as much in season 2,I always went for his teammates and my team most of the time bailed. In season 3 I toss that nade or thermite and watch them burn or just shoot them.

You can't alway rely on the randoms to do their part. at least I leave the game with a kill and 200+ damage. I rather have 200 - 300 damage done and 1 kill then 200 -300 damage and no kill.

View in thread

Message 13 of 17 (564 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@bailiwickOne thing I have noticed is that the loot on the new map is much more scarce so I find myself thirsting because I need to grab an extended mag or more heals....etc. I have had to thirst in the middle of a fight and loot with guys all around me just to get enough stuff to try and get through the current battle. I wonder if that is part of it.

Message 2 of 17 (635 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@bailiwick Don’t even have to read everything. They thirst more now due to killing downed players also contributes to dmg done as opposed to season 2. So basically more ppl going for those 2/3/4K dmg badges
Message 3 of 17 (619 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You will even more in rank, since kill act as point multiplier.

In genereal: The item is less so people need items from your death box.

Message 4 of 17 (615 Views)

★★★ Novice
@bailiwick I don't know much about others but when I down an enemy, I usually try to finish him up before he becomes a problem again later on.

Although even I know to focus more on the people who are trying to kill me during it.
Message 5 of 17 (593 Views)

★ Guide

@Koochi-Q wrote:
@bailiwickDon’t even have to read everything. They thirst more now due to killing downed players also contributes to dmg done as opposed to season 2. So basically more ppl going for those 2/3/4K dmg badges

Is this right?  Did they explain it in the notes?  I don't see it there. 

Message 6 of 17 (591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@BA2VGTThis is right, but you won’t see it in the patch notes. It has been established and at first it was thought that it’s a bug

Message 7 of 17 (560 Views)

★★★ Guide

After loosing few games because of the gold shield, I am taking people out no matter what. It's annoying af to have people self revive, so it's best to not take any chances.

Message 8 of 17 (532 Views)

★★★ Pro

Thirst is important though. It's good to see people thirsting more honestly. 

Secure those kills. Also, I still find it funny how people don't thirst enemies resurrecting themselves. I see them still punching the person. No, don't do that anymore because you cannot tell if they have a Level 4 backpack and if they do. They're getting up with not 25 Health but 125 Health. Melee them and they will have 95 Health which is enough to kill you. 

I now laser people resurrecting themselves no matter what. 

Message 9 of 17 (503 Views)

★ Apprentice
@BA2VGT what badges? im unaware of this?
Message 10 of 17 (495 Views)