THE MAPS OF BATTLEFIELD V: OPERATION UNDERGROUND

by EA_Atic

Original Post

THE MAPS OF BATTLEFIELD V: OPERATION UNDERGROUND

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Charge into the subway tunnels of a war-torn German city, using skill, squad mates, and shortcuts to survive.

A highly anticipated fighting ground is being added to Battlefield V*. Which means it’s time for a new part of The Maps of Battlefield V! Did you miss any of the previous map articles? Head here and read up on Lofoten Islands, Provence, Marita, Mercury, Al Sundan, and more.

A spiritual successor to Battlefield 3’s Operation Métro, Operation Underground is a true passion project when it comes to level design. With our original designer of Métro at the helm,

Operation Underground keeps the former map’s intense close-quarter combat in a highly recognizable environment and removes bottlenecks that could make a match stale. In addition, new flanking routes and gameplay dynamics are added to double down on the fun.

Operation Underground Overview

Operation Underground takes place in a war-ridden German city environment where you’ll battle for control both above and below ground. The map can be played in the Conquest, Squad Conquest, Breakthrough, and Team Deathmatch game modes. For limited time periods**, Rush will be a supported game mode, too.

Regardless of how you tackle it, you’ll deploy on a highly dynamic map. Prepare to get tactical and read the rhythm of the battle, working with your squad as you push forward, hold your ground, or fall back.

Operation Underground at a Glance

Units:

• Infantry Only

Size:

• Small

Tempo:

• Fast and Chaotic

Playstyle

Operation Underground supports a wide variety of playstyles involving up-close infantry battles. Supporters of light combat weapons, teamwork, spatial awareness, and ever-changing battle conditions will feel right at home, as will fans of Operation Métro from Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 or Marita in Battlefield V.

Key Areas and Conquest Capture Points

You’ll experience fast and dynamic firefights in a train station, on city streets, and on an open plaza when playing the objective on Operation Underground. Below, we’ve detailed these three main areas.

Capture Point A: Crossroads

This point is all about city streets and courtyards with plenty of enterable buildings with several floors. The area was an important hub for the city’s military activity, which is why it was bombed by the Allies before the attack.

Capture Point B: Train Station

The train station served as both a shelter and a crucial part of the supply line in and out of the city. Down here, German soldiers are still lingering and must be defeated before the Allies can claim the city is free of enemies. The area will be familiar to fans of Operation Metro-style gameplay – but with more flanking routes! Prepare for occasional floods, opening and closing access to handy shortcuts.

Capture Point C: Plaza

This is the command center of the city’s German operation. The plaza is a more open area with a big accessible town hall in the center. Converted to a military command center that pulls the strings of the German defense of the city, the town hall has limited access to higher floors, but many rooms on the first floor.

Tips for Success on Operation Underground

• Teamwork is key for getting results – more so than on most maps. Communicate, coordinate, and share resources. Securing a win here really proves your team effort.
  • Look for Fortification opportunities to secure ammo, cover, and flow changers, and learn how to best use them as attacker and defender. Be aware that some Fortifications become available as the match proceeds.
  • Are you a skilled diver willing to take a risk? You may very well find a beneficial flank on the map. Take the plunge and set up a surprise attack on your enemies.
  • If you reach a good position through difficult flanks, it may be worth waiting for your squad to spawn in on you before revealing yourself. This way, you’ll double down on the effect and reward.
  • The map sectors have pros and cons for different weapon setups. Some locations provide more long-range opportunities, while others are quite the opposite. Look over and tweak your Company loadouts to tackle all scenarios and be effective at each sector.

Jonas Elfving

(Source)

/Atic

Message 1 of 27 (1,230 Views)

Re: THE MAPS OF BATTLEFIELD V: OPERATION UNDERGROUND

Ohh my... I can't wait to play... GG EA / DICE you absolutely did it.!
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 27 (1,218 Views)

EA DICE Team
Conquest, Squad Conquest, Team Deathmatch, Breakthrough are all available in the usual rotations on Thursday too.

Rush will be joining us later this month 👀
Message 3 of 27 (1,186 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Just want to play!!!!

Message 4 of 27 (1,177 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Yo this map is really good! Standard smile

Unlike Metro, it seems to have more flanking routes to help decongest clustering / stalemates. 

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 5 of 27 (1,111 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Without small lags at the start of game, map is really intense, and like it!

Message 6 of 27 (1,109 Views)

★★ Pro

I really love the map so far with the two outside parts to both sides of the map. It obviously isn´t the same as Metro, but it does feel very similar.

However, I just discovered a hugh flaw. Playing Breakthrough, on the last sector the spawnpoints are chosen very badly. If the defending team pushes the attackers all the way back, they can litteraly look down into their spawn through the windows in the metro station and down the stairs on each side. I was able to use a MMG there and spray them down as soon as they spawned. This needs to be fixed fast.

Message 7 of 27 (1,093 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have got drown on the tunnel , can't find a space to breath .Disappointed

Message 8 of 27 (1,082 Views)

★★★ Novice

So where is the metro exactly in this map? just %30 of this map metro and it is the worst one. God i can't believe you messed up every map in this game. It has such a potential...

Message 9 of 27 (1,070 Views)

★★ Pro
@Kutlu-Kiyak Have you played the original metro?
Message 10 of 27 (1,068 Views)