Re: THE BOTTOM LINE ABOUT HACKERS

by Huntinwabits

Original Post

Accepted Solution

THE BOTTOM LINE ABOUT HACKERS

★★ Apprentice

It is clear that this game is plagued with hackers. If you play enough you will run into atleast one a day maybe more if you are unlucky. There are some things to we have to understand in this regard.

1. Apex Legends is a new game utilizing a sub par anti-cheat in the Easy AntiCheat. With this in mind hackers can more easily come out with newer and better hacks before the anti-cheat can come up with a fix for it. Think of this in regards to viruses. The virus companies are constantly working to compete with those who create the virus.

2. Posting videos of hackers here on the forums will get you no where. Due to EA rules and guidelines this falls under the category "Naming and Shaming" and will end up either getting you banned or the removal of your video. Record your video still, but send it to EA utilizing this page: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

3. Apex Legends is a free game. What this means is once EA finally catches up to them and ban them they can simply create a new account and continue as normal. Yes, this is increasingly frustrating for those of us who play the game legit. 

4. Going back to the fact that Apex Legends is new we have to understand that the game developers focus lies more in the creating more content than fixing current issues. This is not the first game to be plagued with this and won't be the last. Simply put things like hackers will never get the same attention as creating more skins, characters, or weapons. I can name dozens of games that have done exactly the same thing in this regard.

Bottom line is this: YES, hackers are a problem and EA is aware of this, however, until this affects the amount of players playing the game it will never get the attention it deserves. Since this will likely not happen soon either wait until the problem is resolved or play and report utilzing link above.

Message 1 of 22 (2,337 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

What is the point sweating to ban hundreds of thousands and millions of cheaters if they just create a new account and come back? EA doesn't have the proper security measures to tackle this. It will just be a never ending battle of banning accounts, not cheaters. 

If EAC is not even capable of detecting a speedhack, one of the oldest cheats in the book and also the easiest to detect, compared to aimbots and wallhacks/map hacks, you should take into consideration the following: 

1) Why isn't a phone number required yet whenever you create a new Origin account? This way you add multiple layers of security, as you also need an email and a phone number aswell to activate your Origin account. This would make it way harder for cheaters to come back with multiple accounts.

2) Change your anticheat security or demand a better implementation and cheat detection. There is no point in banning accounts indefinitely. Anticheat should be able to detect these hacks and prevent them rather than making your honest playerbase an in-game militia to police every hacker they meet. That's not what players are here for and it's not our fault that others are a bunch of excrements that can't play whithout cheating.

If others can do it, you should be able to do it even better. I'm not demanding anything for free. Couple the above stuff with great in-game content and i am willing to drop some cash every now and then. You either shouldn't expect to get money for nothing. Make it so you deserve it.

View in thread

Message 4 of 22 (2,239 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @superjerome77 

1. EAC is doing a great job of banning cheats and has been very successful in banning more than 355,000 cheaters. Source https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ayzbhj/respawn_check_in_382019/

3. Do not believe it when people tell you that you can get away with cheating. They are lying.

4. Respawn have done a great job with Apex. They have been very open and regularly check in with the Apex community. Many fixes have already been deployed while other are in development or ready to deploy with the next patch. Source https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Game-Updates/bd-p/apex-legends-news-en

Cheating is taken very seriously but is an ongoing battle. Remember to report cheats using the in game report feature or at EAC https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

warslag Nerd

Message 2 of 22 (2,284 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@warslagI want to believe you but, I myself have over a dozen recorded videos of blaitant hackers. Yes, I report them when I see them, however, the fact is there are still an exeptional amount of hackers still playing. I mean read the forums. Everyday there are multiple posts about hackers (with video proof to back). In my opinion that isn't a "great job".

Message 3 of 22 (2,268 Views)

★ Guide

What is the point sweating to ban hundreds of thousands and millions of cheaters if they just create a new account and come back? EA doesn't have the proper security measures to tackle this. It will just be a never ending battle of banning accounts, not cheaters. 

If EAC is not even capable of detecting a speedhack, one of the oldest cheats in the book and also the easiest to detect, compared to aimbots and wallhacks/map hacks, you should take into consideration the following: 

1) Why isn't a phone number required yet whenever you create a new Origin account? This way you add multiple layers of security, as you also need an email and a phone number aswell to activate your Origin account. This would make it way harder for cheaters to come back with multiple accounts.

2) Change your anticheat security or demand a better implementation and cheat detection. There is no point in banning accounts indefinitely. Anticheat should be able to detect these hacks and prevent them rather than making your honest playerbase an in-game militia to police every hacker they meet. That's not what players are here for and it's not our fault that others are a bunch of excrements that can't play whithout cheating.

If others can do it, you should be able to do it even better. I'm not demanding anything for free. Couple the above stuff with great in-game content and i am willing to drop some cash every now and then. You either shouldn't expect to get money for nothing. Make it so you deserve it.

Message 4 of 22 (2,240 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MotherPhoker You should apply for the development team. That is quite possibly the best solution I heard of to deal with the hacker issues. Ofcourse, that would be expecting too much but hey one can dream.
Message 5 of 22 (2,228 Views)

★ Apprentice

I dint buy the battle pass because I will not pay for a game that is rigged or i feel is unfair.  I will play but i will not spend money on a game plagued with hackers.

Message 6 of 22 (2,223 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I stopped buying games made or published by EA and Ubisoft and Square Enix, Majority of these money printing companys are worse than cheaters in a sense their rules are self serving yet we're the customers we pay for a broken product not that you have to pay for Apex Legends and why would or should you this whole wedding dress affair cosmetic barbie with a gun thing is complete nonsense.

BF3 was just pure trash because of the server setup and then the MassMurder hack that was published everywhere you could not get a game in without getting killed by some * with a mortar or ammo or medkit then the player location glitching and various other issues purely bad server hybrid rubbish, BF4 continued with the trash but added in the their cash cow DLC DLC DLC.

EA GAMES Develop Mentally Challenge anything.This Literally.jpg

Message 7 of 22 (2,158 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I haven't played Apex Legends in a while, has the number of hackers decreased? I'm just wondering if it's safe to come back and play.

Message 8 of 22 (2,100 Views)

★★ Pro

No, it haven’t changed for the better. Give it a couple of more months

Message 9 of 22 (2,086 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro
@superjerome77 . When a hack get caught , Don't work anymore, guess what??????? They make a new hack, So now guess what??? the EAC HAS TO FIND AND DETECT THIS NEW ONE. Its a revolving circle man. Welcome to PC gaming....
Message 10 of 22 (2,044 Views)