Re: Surprised to see how much people dislike this game

by amethystvenom

Original Post

Surprised to see how much people dislike this game

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Like, I played this game for hours last night... The bosses were a ton of fun (though some incredibly hard solo, I am assuming it was balanced around having a buddy), the PvP was imbalanced but entertaining and I'll be playing this game probably for a long time while they release new content.

I guess people are upset because it's not exactly like the old games, but overall I think the changes are for the best if they want to make a more balanced PvP game and I look forward to seeing where my perks take my character as I level them up.

So far I mostly see number changes needed to balance a few characters and maybe some characters needing a rework because they seem kind of useless but maybe that's just my lack of game knowledge and not knowing what that character is used for.

P.S. 

When waiting for players in PvP please let us just free for all till they join so I don't just have to stand there D:

Message 1 of 13 (1,352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Same here. The balance needs to be fixed, the aiming is a bit wonky, and some PC users are having some problems, but it's so good. I have 9 hours in already and with the weekend coming up, plan to play it a lot more. I'm a huge fan of both GW games but as long as they fix the problems with character balance and some of the control/graphic issues, I'm going to love this one even more.

Edit: I have seen more like than dislike for the game though. Most of the Youtubers are really digging it and the Reddit is mostly positive (barring the balance and performance issues anyway). 

Message 2 of 13 (1,342 Views)

★ Apprentice

Of course they will fix balancing. The game isn’t like gw1 or 2 so it’s a different “atmosphere” of game mechanics. 

The game is new. And early access. It’s only been 2-3 days of being able to play it :/ and people are already exaggerating when things can obviously be changed to characters and gameplay for the better (balancing). They are being quick to judge things and make posts like everything of damage and cool downs etc are set in stone, when they are able to actually be changed. That’s why ea wants our feedback. That’s why ea has official forums for this kind of thing

Message 3 of 13 (1,335 Views)

★ Guide

I completely lost track of time and I RARELY do that anymore. I'm personally having a blast. So happy I jumped in. 

Message 4 of 13 (1,309 Views)

★ Guide

Battle for Neighborville is NOT a Garden Warfare game. I say it's to good to be called that. I think the game needs a huge amount of tuning, but it already is fun. With updates promised every week, this game will only be getting better. I don't understand how people can neglect that EA opened this game to have players playtest and help seek out bugs. After full release, people can complain all they want. But they shouldn't be for the next few weeks.

Message 5 of 13 (1,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

strange to see all the plant side avatar happy with the game :D  

i can't think there was some kind of internal testing because there are too much inegality in the actual state..   thing like that should have been pointed on way more early

for me, its a big step back to the gameplay, way too much AoE that you can't see nothing, wonky mouse aiming and hazardous hit registration.

add to this some spawn camping too

this game was made for console , we can clearly see that

Message 6 of 13 (1,193 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@--FR4K4----59-- Lol at the plants point. So true. Plants are so broken right now, spearheaded by nightcap.

Funnily, you say its obvious this game was made for console yet the game runs like utter trash on console too. Is it just me or do characters like rose just not register shots. I have 30 ammo that deal 8 dmg each. that should be 240 damage but i am having to reload 2-3 times to kill anyone because it seens lile 2/3 of my shots disappear and never register. Its not like im missing lol, this is rose we are talking about. She has autoaim out the asss. So where he hell is my 240 damage going 🤷🏼‍♂️ Its not just rose either. Husk hop bugs out 80% of the time. Everytime i try to gravity smash as the space cadet, i basically vomit inside because my screen spazzes out and turns upside down and spins around. Ending up with me dying because idk wtf happened.
Message 7 of 13 (1,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Make no mistake, they need to fix some problems (balance, performance, aiming). I'm enjoying it even with these issues, but if they don't fix this stuff they're going to have problems keeping it going as the plans I've seen for it look encouraging, but only if they fix those core issues first.

Message 8 of 13 (1,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I think people are just salty that this isn't an exact replica of previous games with better graphics. The thing I've seen people complain about the most is the lack of variants. But I personally think getting rid of them was the best decision the developers ever made. It's tons of fun being able to adjust your favorite character to better suit your play style with the upgrade system, and then make them look unique with the items and costumes. We can either choose to spend our coins on things that will improve our gameplay, or we can splurge on cosmetics. I also like this new system because players have to EARN the character upgrades by playing, and not by getting lucky while buying a sticker pack. 

Story mode is amazing as well, and not repetitive like the past games.  The bosses all feel fun and challenging but aren't impossibly difficult, and some of the dialogue is genuinely funny.

People just don't like change, even if it's for the better. 

Message 9 of 13 (908 Views)

@Gowron248 i dislike the game due to: The innability for developers to listen to us, the refusal to admit certain characters are op *cough cough* acorn, sprinting entirely, the main reason i dislike this game now is actually becuse of the developers incompetence
Message 10 of 13 (848 Views)