Surprise Origin Invites Ruin Games For Squadmates

by mkthunderwd

Original Post

Surprise Origin Invites Ruin Games For Squadmates

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Please change accept/decline Origin invite to CTRL-Y & CTRL-N or allow it to be rebound.

Countless times a surprise invite makes me abandon teammates in the previous match.

This is especially bad in games like Apex Legends where no one can join a match in progress.

<EDIT>

"No one gets left behind."

</EDIT>

Message 1 of 5 (617 Views)

Re: Surprise Origin Invites Ruin Games For Squadmates

Community Manager

@mkthunderwd 

Are you getting knocked out of a game without pressing any buttons or are you saying the command to accept the invite can be easily hit when you're in the middle of a game?

Does this still happen if you restrict invites within Apex Legends at the lobby or by disabling notifications in the Origin Application Settings?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry 

"Are you getting knocked out of a game without pressing any buttons or are you saying the command to accept the invite can be easily hit when you're in the middle of a game?"

The latter.

<EDIT>

If typing in chat while an invite is shown and not noticed or if one appears at the wrong moment while typing in chat, typing a word that includes 'Y' or 'N' not only types it into chat but responds to the invite and brings you out of the game if 'Y' or disappears the invite prematurely if 'N'. Allowing the user to change the key bind and maybe change the default to a less intrusive CTRL+Y / CTRL+N should eliminate the issue and shouldn't bother users too much. If made the default, users can simply change it back or to whatever they want.

</EDIT>

"Does this still happen if you restrict invites within Apex Legends at the lobby or by disabling notifications in the Origin Application Settings?"

Nope. That is not a solution though since I want that functionality. It's the ease of activation that seems to be the problem.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5 (489 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry, I may have a lead.

I was pulled out of a game into a party with a friend: @ssRAZORss . The friend did not invite me before this happened. They simply launched Apex.

There may be something going on with stale/zombie parties that are regrouped/resurrected when members log-in or launch Apex.

Message 4 of 5 (319 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry  This is still an issue and now it is worse. Apex Legends now has in game friend request notifications. Guess what the key binding for accepting or declining friend requests are?!

Y and N.

Guess what the Origin hotkey for accepting or declining a party invite is?

Y and N.

Imagine getting a friend request from someone, party invite from another, and pressing one of those keys. There is no match history. So, if I don't remember the exact spelling of their username, I can't try to find them by searching in Origin. They are gone for good. It did happen to me. I wanted to Alt-F4 and uninstall. Haven't yet. I'd prefer less of those moments. Please fix.

Message 5 of 5 (201 Views)