Re: Supposed Direct X error - Fifa 20

by 15Abby

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Supposed Direct X error - Fifa 20

★★ Novice

can someone please decode the attached message. The EA help chat is unable to help. I have done their troubleshooting steps and my windows is updated. But still get this message when I launch the game from the launcher.

Message 1 of 4 (400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @15Abby  do you have any controllers plugged into your system when this issue occurs? If so can you remove them and then try launching the game again to see if you see the same error?

If so can you go ahead and open your FIFA 20 settings folder (C: \ Users \% Username% \ Documents \ FIFA 20 Demo) and from here open the fifasetup file and then find the line "DIRECTX_SELECT" and change the value from 1 to 0 or vice versa. Once done, save the change and then launch the FIFA 20 demo as administrator.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (358 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @15Abby  do you have any controllers plugged into your system when this issue occurs? If so can you remove them and then try launching the game again to see if you see the same error?

If so can you go ahead and open your FIFA 20 settings folder (C: \ Users \% Username% \ Documents \ FIFA 20 Demo) and from here open the fifasetup file and then find the line "DIRECTX_SELECT" and change the value from 1 to 0 or vice versa. Once done, save the change and then launch the FIFA 20 demo as administrator.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (359 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko you my sir are a beauty. I dont know why there are non techie guys sitting on EA help chat. They took a whole hour to go through troubleshooting with me. Your suggestion worked. Thanks alot. Cheers. :eahigh_file:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Message 3 of 4 (334 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it helped fix the issue @15Abby.

Enjoy the game.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (325 Views)