Re: Support agent misspelled username - cannot change it now

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Support agent misspelled username - cannot change it now

★★★ Newbie

Hey all, if anyone has a suggestion I would love to hear it.

I contacted support via chat to change my account email from one I can no longer access to a new email. When I did this, I requested they change my username as well so I could match my group of friends. The support agent did not type it in case sensitive. I was hoping for DGenSaloric, but I got dgensaloric. When I try to change my username via EA account management, I am told my target username, DGenSaloric, is already registered. I thought that was odd considering I had owned the name on a separate account hours earlier (I deleted that account to free up the email address). So, I tried alskdjfalksdvcmas and 845skcvmvk - surprise surprise - those were also "registered". I assume I am experiencing some sort of bug or lockout from the agent changing my username. Hoping I can somehow get it changed to the correct username so I no longer look like the idiot who cant type when playing with my friends.

Also, I no longer have an option to contact EA support via chat. My chat timed out last night and now the option is just gone.

Any EA support personnel able to assist?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2 (238 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @dgensaloric as I understand it, much like with emails the case should have no effect on how your username works and is just an aesthetic thing. If you have the username dgensaloric then you would be unable to change it to DGenSaloric as they are the same.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (198 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @dgensaloric as I understand it, much like with emails the case should have no effect on how your username works and is just an aesthetic thing. If you have the username dgensaloric then you would be unable to change it to DGenSaloric as they are the same.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (199 Views)