Re: SuperMixMode: Greased Lighting

by bobburgers6

Original Post

SuperMixMode: Greased Lighting

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

This week superMixmode: Grease lighting, vanquished confirm with super speed using the electric characters.

Haven't got a chance to try yet, I feel plants will have an upper hand since they have more electric variants but should be fun.

Message 1 of 15 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Guide
Some matches feel really lopsided, but other than that, there is a lot of fun to be had when the other teams do not primarily consist of electric chompers.
Message 2 of 15 (1,134 Views)

★★★ Guide

Ahahaha, of the options electric chomper would be my primary choice XD (*Side Note* Is it my imagination or are a lot of the basic emoji's not in the list?) Then again, it is because of how much I like him in GW1 that he is my pick. (Chemist is the same way for me.) The best part is my second favorite is sunflower (and not even because of the update), people are gonna hate me...

Not even sure who I'll play as for zombies. Electro Brainz has always seemed underwhelming to me. I guess electrician is OK. I do like scientists though physicist isn't my favorite. I guess in general I'm not fond of electricity in multiplayer, it is better for AI crowd control. But the electricity doesn't really hinder chomper and sunflower so I guess that's why I like them. But, Speed + Chomper... I'll try to be gentle, it's just too much fun though...

Message 3 of 15 (1,112 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

it's ridiculously one-sided in favour of the plants

also, just give me regular speed. I'm glad there's no exploding this time...

Message 4 of 15 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Guide
If you are having trouble, an easy way to counter the plants is to stay in one location with your team rather than move as scouts; less likely to get picked off that way and end the match very quickly. If are playing as a scientist, use the energy warp. Sonic mines are only effective if you choose to stay put whereas the grenade is handy at affecting larger target areas on the offensive. It can be troublesome initially, but staying with team makes the fight more survivable. Plus seeing an entire team getting wiped out because of one accidental sonic trip makes a heart leap.
Message 5 of 15 (1,103 Views)

★ Expert

2nd best game type Vanquish Confirmed mixed with worst custom option super speed...epic fail.

Message 6 of 15 (1,083 Views)

[ Edited ]

@bobburgers6 wrote:
Some matches feel really lopsided, but other than that, there is a lot of fun to be had when the other teams do not primarily consist of electric chompers.

Hey man, been seeing you in game often lately.

I think this mystery portal event is an abomination.  What plant team isn't going to consist of mostly chompers when it makes for such an obvious win?  I did ok with power cactus and consoled myself on zombies with bolt blaster vanquishes.  Thankfully the games go very quickly so I'm just gritting my teeth and looking at it as 8 stars per two games.

Grouping up is usually a poor choice when playing against electric characters but I'll take your word on the strategy.

Message 7 of 15 (1,050 Views)

★ Guide
Electro Brainz gets completely shut down by the power chompers, he literally the worst character for this mode.
Message 8 of 15 (1,033 Views)

★★★ Guide

So I finally got a chance to actually get into the portal. Some things hit me as weird. First off, I did exactly what I thought I would and played power chomper every time I was on plants its just too much fun. But, when I got onto the Zombies I actually found electro brainz very effective. Primarily because I could jump out of harms way when the army of chompers swarmed in. Then I just super ball or snipe them from a nearby roof.

Now for the weird stuff. For some reason I was put on the plants team game after game. I had the same issue with sunflower/citron vs scientist/allstar. So, I would watch the plant team clear out after a match only to end up on plants again. Something I also noticed is when high or maxed ranks were on opposite teams they would start the match on the same team next round. (Usually plants.) Is it possible the new system tries to place high ranked players on the plants team? Historically, players tend to gravitate towards zombies. (The OP? team) So, maybe this is a way to balance it? Is it possible that when the system matches up players it puts priority on filling plants team first? It would explain why it seems the max ranked players always end up on the same team. (Other than the obvious of them all trying to get on the same team.) Well either way, if you see me on the plants team game after game don't hate me, it's not my fault I swear, most of the time I don't even have a choice to switch.

Message 9 of 15 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Guide

Grouping usually isn't good with any electric variant, but an issue I often see with other players is trying a 1-1 confrontation with a group of enemy characters.  They can sometimes eliminate 1-2, but most likely the others tend to follow behind and get the ones who killed them straight up back up (losing any chance of protecting your orb or gaining the ones you defeated).  Moreover, packs of chompers tend to attack the same target, if you are working with a group, they can be quickly removed from range before  other characters with longer range start to come into the fray.  

Other than that, I get thrown onto the zombies side a lot more than plants so I have come to accept natural selection when it happens.  "Your * is grass and I'm gonna mow it." -Tina Belcher

One technical problem though that I have been running into is with spikeweed's (any variant) collision detection. With the all characters running at a speed that is unintended for them, occasionally what I see happen is the hurt box of zombie characters seems to move ahead of them in order to compensate players moving too quickly.  This can entrap a person if they are at least a character space away from the weed;  for people who have poor latency issues this compounds that much worse as the game might process them moving onto the trap zone even if they are moving away.  Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue or not.

Message 10 of 15 (994 Views)