Re: Super deluxe edition a total waste of money?

by Tuinbonen

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

No, I mean look at all the * that has gone on and ask yourself that question again. They don't deserve anything else, I mean hell at this point just wait until it goes on sale or is on the used rack.

Message 11 of 17 (521 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Psych0_Trauma Well, now I've learned my lesson for the nexttime. Always thought BW was reliable, but they really pulled my leg after that misleading advertisement for the super deluxe edition. 

Message 12 of 17 (510 Views)

I see, a problem facing <1% of players.

If you've maxed out your rare's by now then you have played so much that you clearly have had your money's worth from the game.

Or if you bought your way to maxing your rares then money is clearly no object.

Either way, this is what devs would refer to as an 'edge case'.

You pre-bought 20 weeks of nice things but you emptied the larder in 4.

Kindly meant: The packs can't give you what you've already unlocked, so you kind of broke it yourself.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 17 (496 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It's an issue for everyone who bought the super deluxe edition. There's no time limit on those super deluxe packs as far as I know so you can save them for later. 

Message 14 of 17 (494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

To clarify this topic before further non-empirical remarks arise: This is a further consequence of another post http://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Premium-Packs-being-as-useful-as-supply-packs/m-p/5993359#....

MP will be dead at this rate if no further updates will be coming any sooner, that's why there are people who start playing the mp instead. @SofaJockeyUK The amount of time to unlock everything except for ultra-rare is equal to the amount of time to complete one playthrough in the campaign (2 at most). Apparently there are people who already finished their 2nd playthrough (there are reviews that said it took them 70 hours and they played it within a week).

With that out of the way, there is a table which now has been modified that included the super deluxe edition:

TTKkLcArLAatpPRbVsrcaD.jpg

The issue is why put this sentence (especially the weapons part) in the same row as "20 weekly packs" while some of them only contains consumables. 

Message 15 of 17 (477 Views)

"MP will be dead at this rate if no further updates will be coming"

I'm expecting several MP DLCs and multiple balance changes.

I don't get all the impatience, the game is barely out 1 month.

These games are best joined over months, even years.

Want to play something else? By all means, then come back.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 17 (460 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well, I guess we just have to see in the future. However, this topic is not about the MP population right now. It's to point out that even super deluxe premium packs have a chance for weapons.

Message 17 of 17 (457 Views)