Re: Super deluxe edition a total waste of money?

by chrissyce1123

Original Post

Super deluxe edition a total waste of money?

★★★★★ Guide

So considering that the premium packs are basically supply packs, does this mean that people who bought the super deluxe edition basically wasted 20 bucks extra for consumables? I hope this is not going to be a dirty scam after I open mine next week. Frown

Message 1 of 17 (884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@IIIPripyaTIII wrote:

So considering that the premium packs are basically supply packs, does this mean that people who bought the super deluxe edition basically wasted 20 bucks extra for consumables? I hope this is not going to be a dirty scam after I open mine next week. Frown

yep total waste of money. lol

EDIT: never buy games over their 2nd tier bundle. stick to the 59.99 or 79.99 versions. this goes for all games. the 99.99 versions are just super marked up and over hyped. they never give you anything worth the extra 20-40 dollars.

Message 2 of 17 (879 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I don't even dare to open the pack next week actually.

Just gonna

1) Exit the game

2) Uninstall Mass Effect Andromeda

3) Uninstall Origin

4) Get out of the basement

Message 3 of 17 (875 Views)

★ Guide

@IIIPripyaTIII wrote:

I don't even dare to open the pack next week actually.

Just gonna

1) Exit the game

2) Uninstall Mass Effect Andromeda

3) Uninstall Origin

4) Get out of the basement

could always just save the packs and see if they update the contents later. might end up with something better. good luck :D

Message 4 of 17 (869 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@IIIPripyaTIII wrote:

In my country, the difference of prices from Deluxe do luxury Deluxe was almost R$ 100,00. From 249 to 339. TOO MUCH EXPENSIVE if considering only a few packs falling from the sky for a limited time, and just a benefit over MP, which is not really what made this franchise as much loved as it is. 

Although right now, I'm pondering over the Deluxe version's price as well. Too much for a skin for our nomad, couple of items in MP, a pet that's just as immobile like most of our furniture, items that won't evolve further for late game purpses at high difficulties. Yep, Deluxe was also a ripping of Money.

Bought Witcher 3, all DLCs all stuff. It cost R$ 99,00, three times less than the super bizarre values they were asking for MEA's luxury package. And they added micro transactions. It's very CLEAR to anyone who wants to admit and see, they are draining resources from the unfortunate souls who are willing to sustain MP.

Message 5 of 17 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

The thing is though, they removed the super deluxe edition from the table that compared all the editions. However, I found an old picture of it and it says: "Get a head start on Day 1 co-op play with the Multiplayer Launch Pack which includes weapons and equipment to kick start your progress" and at the column with super deluxe edition it says "20 weekly packs". I smell something very fishy here...

Message 6 of 17 (862 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Of course there's something smelly. Things weren't working properly since day 1. Now, it's up to people endure what's coming next. The best outcome would be that company fix all issues then give compensation through game, more packs or the hell, for an extended time. The worst outcome would be ignoring they had problems, keep radio silente, keep getting money from the less wary, surmounting mistakes, bad decisions etc.

Message 7 of 17 (853 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

Yes, it is a waste. What we received is less than what was promised. I don't know when they downgraded it or if they just messed up with what was the offered the first few weeks but we were supposed to receive more than what we did. 

Message 8 of 17 (820 Views)

They contain rare weapons/characters, they are hardly 'Supply Packs'

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 17 (800 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK Not if you have unlocked everything except for ultra-rare.

Message 10 of 17 (795 Views)