Re: Super Brainz help

by SundropDot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Super Brainz help

★★★ Novice

Any good tips for Super Brainz? I can't seem to put any good work into him.

His shield is super weak, his melees don't seem to register half the time, I hit an enemy dead on with his projectiles with it only dealing 25 damage, and idk what to do with his spinning ability-thingy (I don't know the technical names for everything, sorry). I want him to be fun, but I can't make him work. Im trying out other zombies but he and 80's are the only ones I like. 

I use leap and I usually follow up with his projectile, that works for like one weak enemy, or I leap and I spin, and that kinda works sometimes but I end up just dying before even landing.

Message 1 of 9 (630 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide

@Casenator485 Super Brainz requires knowledge of when to engage and when to not engage. I will start with the basics on how to play him properly or at least better than what you are doing.

1. Try to use your shield to approach an enemy or retreat from one. Your shield has 160 health, meaning that it can keep you alive longer. Additionally, you move faster when moving backwards with the shield up. After an engagement. use your shield to cover yourself, or get a breather to use your other abilities.

2. You can charge your Super Ultra Flying Fist, the projectiles, to around 70 damage. Just hold the trigger button for a few seconds and it will be fully charged. He does have hit registration issues, so try to make sure you are able to spare a few punches to get the kill.

3. Super Ultra Ball should probably be used to one shot Pea Gatlings, Sunbeams, and damage Oaks, shields, and if you get good enough kill or damage other characters. It only deals 125 damage on a direct hit, so try to aim it at people with health lower than or the same as 125 health.

4. Turbo Twister, the spinning attack, should be used as an alternative to your punches. It isn't that good, but it can be useful in specific scenarios.

5. Hyper Jump Thump, the giant leap, should be used as an engagement or retreat tool. It has a short cooldown and it should be used to quickly get on someone and kill them fast with punches after.

6. Each punch that lands gives a little bit of health to Super Brainz.

7. Try to avoid large groups, Snapdragons, Chompers, and really good Night Caps. They can probably counter you really well. After some time you should learn how to deal with the naturally.

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (611 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

Next month will be a new legendary upgrade for him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LoLopd5JUw  Here is a tutorial.

Message 2 of 9 (612 Views)

★★ Guide

@Casenator485 Super Brainz requires knowledge of when to engage and when to not engage. I will start with the basics on how to play him properly or at least better than what you are doing.

1. Try to use your shield to approach an enemy or retreat from one. Your shield has 160 health, meaning that it can keep you alive longer. Additionally, you move faster when moving backwards with the shield up. After an engagement. use your shield to cover yourself, or get a breather to use your other abilities.

2. You can charge your Super Ultra Flying Fist, the projectiles, to around 70 damage. Just hold the trigger button for a few seconds and it will be fully charged. He does have hit registration issues, so try to make sure you are able to spare a few punches to get the kill.

3. Super Ultra Ball should probably be used to one shot Pea Gatlings, Sunbeams, and damage Oaks, shields, and if you get good enough kill or damage other characters. It only deals 125 damage on a direct hit, so try to aim it at people with health lower than or the same as 125 health.

4. Turbo Twister, the spinning attack, should be used as an alternative to your punches. It isn't that good, but it can be useful in specific scenarios.

5. Hyper Jump Thump, the giant leap, should be used as an engagement or retreat tool. It has a short cooldown and it should be used to quickly get on someone and kill them fast with punches after.

6. Each punch that lands gives a little bit of health to Super Brainz.

7. Try to avoid large groups, Snapdragons, Chompers, and really good Night Caps. They can probably counter you really well. After some time you should learn how to deal with the naturally.

Message 3 of 9 (612 Views)

★★★ Novice

When an how should I engage? 

Message 4 of 9 (592 Views)

★★★ Novice

This video doesn’t really help. Also Strapping on a Legendary Upgrade isn’t just gonna solve all my problems and call it good. I really just want to understand the general idea of when to engage and use his abilities first.

Message 5 of 9 (588 Views)

★★ Guide
@Casenator485 Use hyper thump jump on a group of plants and immediately use it and finish them with your fists
Message 6 of 9 (562 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Casenator485 I use him quite a lot in battle arena. After the last May update he became more effective. Turbo Twister is now actually GOOD, I rarely used it before but now it does more damage and you can take out groups effectively. Use proper upgrades, I use ultra combo which gives additional punch (so 4 instead of 3) and extra special which raises shield when firing super ultra ball and that is very helpful (I feel like basically immortal when firing it, you dont take any damage most of the time, so its often a free kill).
Play him aggresively not passively. The turbo twister can now take out for ex. peashooter at full hp. So you can hyper jump into group shoot extra special (you can do it mid-air too), do some combo followed with twister or shoot extra special into group then hyper jump and finish them - that's what I usually do Standard smile. Oak is taken down easily too you can fire ball mid hyper jump and finish with twister upon landing. Try out the upgrades, extra punch = kill most of the time and the ball with shield is free kill most of the time if you dont miss.
I engage enemies only when I can do hyper jump. If you have all abilites ready 1on1 shouldn't be hard, fire ultra ball, if you miss use hyper jump and use either upgraded punches or twister (usually I do few punches and finish him with twister, depends on opponent's hp). I use shield when I need to cover for a while before hyper jump is ready again or when reviving).
If you have friend, good combo is wizard and super brainz (especially effective in arena).
Everyone has a different playstale, I play aggresively, so try some combos using the upgrades, punches, twister, practice ultra ball aiming and you will surely find some deadly techniques which suits your playstyle.
Message 7 of 9 (539 Views)

★★ Guide
@malfinman You know you need Master for Ultra combo
Message 8 of 9 (527 Views)

★★ Guide
@Casenator485 You can tell when to engage when you estimate the chances of winning that fight. If you have more health and more of your abilities, the chances go up. If you are lower on health, and have less of your abilities, then your chance is lower. There are other factors, but those are the main two.
Message 9 of 9 (505 Views)